Johno333

Evo 7 Recaros in s13

I've probably posted this before and never gotten a definite answer..

I'm trying to figure out what rails to use,

I've heard the seats are SIMILAR to sr4's but ATM not having too much disposable income and don't want to waste money I don't particularly want to order the wrong rails and find they don't fit.

SO I've measured the mounting holes in the bottom of the Evo 7 recaro and they measure 30cm x 40cm and I'm wondering if there's anyone on here with an sr3, sr4 or any other sr series or even other bottom mounting recaros that could

Measure their seats and tell me what type of rails to buy (e.g bride MO etc)

Thanks guys;)

Edited by steveP

Get 32 seats. They are firmer and will prob bolt straight in

Evo 7 seats are a fair bit more buckety than GTR seats, i would get sr3 or sr4's before i got r32 seats....

the point is i already have 2, ones already mounted in the car, i just need rails for the passenger one so i don't really want to have to sell them and find new seats.

So if ANYONE has ANY bride rails or recaro rails or seats or anything and has a spare 5 minutes to measure the mounting holes, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

IMG_0751.JPG

They also look way better IMO than r32 seats, or even sr3's and sr4's..

IMG_0686.PNG

They bolt in but 1 on the rear rails is short and you'll need to either extend the tab some how.

Their are guides online for different methods, it's a piece of cake.

They bolt in but 1 on the rear rails is short and you'll need to either extend the tab some how.

Their are guides online for different methods, it's a piece of cake.

yeah more trying to figure out how to mount in my seat i already have than buy new seats and screw around trying to fit them in :)

I know evo 8 seats are way to soft and reactors out of Hondas are too soft too. They do look good though. Goodluck

The reason i got specifically evo 7 is because it was supposed to be the 'most aggressive' fitting of the evo recaro's. What do you mean by 'too soft'?

Evo 8 seats are soft compared to my gtr seats.

Johno, do you just want to borrow my spare 90s recaro SR3/SR4 drivers rail and test?

It's sitting in my garage atm.

Shit yeah I didn't want to ask cause I assumed it would be in your car...

I'll come get it one day? Is it passengers? Or drivers aide

I'll come get it one day? Is it passengers? Or drivers aide

johnodriversrail_zps91a17701.jpg

Yeah, it's the rail I was using for a long time, until I changed to the newer style of Recaro rails. This one is very similar to Bride's design, and positions the seat a little lower than my current rails, hence I still have it in case I need the helmet clearance later on. I found there were some binding issues on the slider when all 4 bolts were torqued down, that weren't present with 3 bolts attached. Same applies to the new rails, so it could simply be my driver's seat. Passenger side is fine.

Edited by pmod

FWIW - Just measured my Bride Brix 1.5 and its mounting holes are 330mm deep, by 290mm wide.

Sorry pmod I was taking a huge dookie and must've missed that when I was pushing mike Tyson from my petite anus.

If you don't mind measuring them then you could do that if you want otherwise I'm happy to just drive over one day and either bring the seat and test fit it or grab the rail and take it with me!

I'll send you a p.m or sumthin mang

UPDATE:

Ive been exchanging emails with import monster to get to the bottom of what rails i can use...

they sent me this link:

http://www.bride-jp.com/products/super-seat-rail/body/

i couldn't find any rails on there that were suited to my seat, but i thought id post it up incase people are in the same position as me trying to figure out what rails to use :)

as my frustration levels grow, i get closer and closer to attempting to sell my seats and buy some brides or recaro's..

Although i did find this:

※2) 純正レカロシートのSRシリーズとLシリーズ(電動タイプ除く)装着者/ROタイプ トヨタ(スープラ、セリカ)、ニッサン(フェアレディーZ31、Z32)、 ホンダ(シビックEK9、 インテグラDC2,5)、ミツビシ(ランサーEVO1,2,3)、イスズ(ビッグホーン、ジェミニ、 ピアッツア、アスカ)

which translated to this:

※ 2) L series and SR series of genuine Recaro seat / RO type who installed (except electric type) Toyota (Supra, Celica), Nissan (Fairlady Z31, Z32), Honda (Civic EK9, Integra DC2, 5), Mitsubishi (Lancer EVO1, 2,3), Isuzu (Big Horn, Gemini, Piazza, Asuka)

so SR series recaro's use the same rails as evo 1,2, and 3 seats, but after a quick google, the rails from the evo 3 don't transfer onto evo 7 or 8 seats so they must use different sized mounting holes.......

Doesn't tell me what rails to use, but at least clears up that they're not the same as SR series Recaro's

yeah from a CE9A to a CP9A, then again to a CT9A, they're all different rails and seats... they won't fit as its 2 generations newer

so basically my options =

buy new seats and sell these

OR

fabricate rails for passenger seat...

OR

find out if recaro manufacture rails to suit? but i doubt that if none of the bride ones fit and loads of people use bride rails with recaro seats so i doubt recaro have any different ones?

Bride MO rails are what you're after.

I was in a similar predicament as you, however I was looking for rails to suit my East Beat seats.

I tried RX rails for both driver and passenger seats, the driver fitted no problems but the passenger surprisingly only was able to bolt 3 of 4 screws to the seat.

I did some research and found the MO rails. Iirc, they were a bit more expensive then the RX type.

What makes the MO different to the RX and others, the plates for the seat to mount to are bolt on to the rail itself rather than welded. As such, you can play around with the mounting positions. I also remember that the RX type only fitted the newer Brix II and Ergo II seats, and not the older I and 1.5's.

The MO overcomes this and allows both to fit as the plates are movable. Also has additional holes to accommodate different positions to bolt up the seat.

I think the SR2, 3, 4 etc. had the same bolting dimensions as the I and 1.5 Bride Ergo and Brix's.

Hope that helps in your quest mate.

Cheers,

Andy

Edit: I just reread your op and see your dimensions. Actually might be different to the ones already on the MO plates. If all else fails, you could maybe drill your own holes in the plates to suit?

Edit: I just reread your op and see your dimensions. Actually might be different to the ones already on the MO plates. If all else fails, you could maybe drill your own holes in the plates to suit?

yeah as i was reading it i didn't realise that you were just sort of assuming its the same as the SR series, i was instead thinking that if its bolted and not welded, i could definitely drill my own holes and play around with the mounting position, provided that its the right width...

Although the MO is only 290 or 345mm width...

I was thinking going with the RB, RO or RK (if you look at the link you'll see it) as its the right width (405mm) and i could just try and drill some holes for the length ways of it...

Although not sure if this is technically safe.... I don't see why it wouldn't be but someone else might be able to shed some light on the draw backs of this...

Any one know if recaros will bolt on easy to bride LR rails in a 180sx? 

My bride seats, and velo race seat are just too uncomfortable for me now. Kill my back each time I drive.

Wouldn't mind getting the stock Evo recaros in, at least the driver's seat,