Sign in to follow this  
AnotherOneEightyDriv

Weird brand of rod ends seems good but has anyone used it?

Hi,

I posted this question on another forum but nobody answered it yet. A mate came around a couple days ago with a set of rod ends and dust boots for his 180 but they're different. The ones I get from CBC (here in western Sydney) have some play and movement but the ones my mates brought around are very tight.

have you guys heard of this brand 'strut tower' ?

Googling for them finds nothing, not even the company site and there's no mention of it here in the forum. Address was written on the package www.struttower.com.au .

Anyone here tried them before? Where do you guys get your rod ends? I'm afraid the CBC guys are bullshitting.

The random auto shop specials I got were super tight, couldn't move them by hand but once they were in the car they started moving fine

the tighter the better, they're probley ptfe lined. usually the steel/bronze ones have abit of clearance for grease

Thanks blingcommander, where do you get the Roadsafe from? Their website is sh* and doesn't sell.

The QA1 is more expensive than this struttower, the QA1 M14 (QA1-XML14) is US$ 35 before shipping to Australia, or from VPW in Victoria for AU$ 63 before shipping. Worth it? The struttower is AU$ 36 and since it's in St Marys it's easy to go pick it up.

Locky, do you remember where from?

Thanks BEAMS, what brand do you use?

I used magillmotorsport for all my rod ends.

Not too bad, I found them plenty affordable.

Just be careful you get the right ones as the do shit one aswell as the good ones.

A McGill M14x2 kit ends up being US$89 delivered in 7-10 days and I end up full of extra half nuts.

The same kit from struttower but without the 18 extra nuts is AU$91 available 10min drive from home http://www.struttowe...nuts-and-boots/

I'll just drive there tomorrow and see what their stuff is about before deciding between McGill and these guys. Thanks heaps BEAMS.

Edited by AnotherOneEightyDriv

Sounds expencive, I bought them years ago though.

sorry to hijack, but does anyone know what size/ thread pitch was used in the GKtech V1 arms?

I went t a few local bearing suppliers with a sample a while back & had no luck

sorry to hijack, but does anyone know what size/ thread pitch was used in the GKtech V1 arms?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Thread-gauge-52leafe-metric-Imperial-UNC-UNF-screw-pitch-gauges-/111189145542?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19e363b7c6&_uhb=1

Thanks guys, I've got this struttower stuff and went on to compare to a mate's McGill's. They're totally indistinguishable. Same tightness, same geometry, same weight, same source (both from the UK). But struttower is available right around the corner anyday.

I believe its a 16x1.5 LH FINE THREAD

Roadsafe ones are on ebay or kudos motorsport. I also just use them, they're a cheap brand but seem sturdy and do the job.They don't really advertise the brand of them in most of the places they sell them as they're basically a generic brand.