Sign in to follow this  
anticeptik

1jz gx81 mark ii

Went to speedpro today to pick up my thermos, i brought some speedflo fittings and line while i was there to make up the brake lines.

Fitted the bride seats i picked up yesterday

Adjusted the rear end by eye so i can get it on a trailer.

Brought some 7/8" hex in bright steel so i can turn up the correct size rack end extentions.

Fitted the thermos and test fitted to see the space, ive probably gained around 5mm of clerance and ive completly pissed off that hyrdaulic thermo settup, looks heaps nicer

20131114_125438.jpg

20131114_131928.jpg

20131114_143955.jpg

20131114_150339_RichtoneHDR.jpg

I machined up some new tie rod extentions out of some 7/8" hex steel.

The XM extentions are 100mm long, ive made mine 150mm which has now given me the correct toe adjustment i needed, now i just need the correct angle on the rose joint...

Im thinking about cutting and rewelding/heating and bending the extentions to the same angle as the steering arm to take make the rose joint parralel.

How does 1990s technology smash the microtech i brought? i doubt that.

But in saying that though, i was close to buying one, way i see it is, the nicrotech saves me even more time.

I dont have to fix any of the wiring that is the usual dead plugs, i dont have to wire in gauge/nor make a dash pannel it just does it all for me.

It was also a good price, so itll do for the moment.

I can clearly see you hate microtechs but either way i brought it and im gonna give it a crack.

worst case i sell it and upgrade,

Todays update.

Couldnt find any hex to machine up some new tie rod extentions, so ill call a few stores tommorrow.

Brought 2 x 12" aeromotive thermos, they push 1400cfm as opposed to davis craig; 1040cfm, Not only that theyre about half the price of a davis craig thermo, so that was pretty much a no brainer there.

Installed longer studs.

Installed s9 arms

Installed jzx100 brakes

installed r33 rear calipers, ill goto nordons tommorow and ill get some braid to make some hoses up, i dont need to, but since the front is done i thought id do the same.

20131112_133507.jpg

20131112_150345.jpg

20131112_152716.jpg

20131112_165316.jpg

20131112_165929.jpg

happy with how its comming along so far.

I've been using a Microtech in my Silvia for the past 7 years, no dramas :thumb:

Tried everything to get the harmonic balancer off, ended up getting one of these bad boys

20131125_153256.jpg

best fkn thing ever for unding balancer bolts, 5 hits with a 4lbs hammer and she was off. couldnt believe it.

Either way fair bit of progression today after moving house,

20131125_153250.jpg

Twins are GONE!!!!!! thank f**k for that, not a job i want to do again.

20131125_153241.jpg

Everything is clear for the new water pump asembaly to go on,

The manifold i have needs to be modified to suit the car, i need to chop and re weld the position for the gate pipe, shouldnt be too much of a problem.