Sign in to follow this  
Shadow_Matrix

How strict are the cops about speeding here?

Hey,

I moved from Sydney kind of recently & just wondering, how strict are they cops here on speeding and other general stuff?

You're either speeding or you're not. Pretty black and white.

You're either speeding or you're not. Pretty black and white.

This.

Fairly similar to NSW cops. Don't do retarded stuff, and don't be a dick when they pull you over and they will treat you fairly.

Some people will say they got off lightly, others will say they got body slammed.

In the end, It's not worth the risk. You don't want to lose your licence, or even get to a point where you have too many demerit points and driving on eggshells.

Depends if you're a government official. If so, carve into the accellerator as much as you like.

There are a fair few fixed speed and red light cameras to watch out for. Also watch out for mobile speed cameras in vans on the side of the road.

Depends if you're a government official. If so, carve into the accellerator as much as you like.

Are you saying that government officials can get away with speeding? What type of government official?

I am curious to know what you mean mate.

Are you saying that government officials can get away with speeding? What type of government official? I am curious to know what you mean mate.

I wish I could remember some cases to quote, but there have been quite a few instances of traffic offenses being swept under the carpet, and only coming to light because of some other investigation. Higher-ups in the government get mental pay too, so affording good lawyers isn't issue too.

Hell if John Singleton, a wealthy and influential business man, can get a 165kmph NSW speeding fine dropped, what do you think someone with actual authority can do?

http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/prod/parlment/hansart.nsf/V3Key/LC19970923013

Are you saying that government officials can get away with speeding? What type of government official? I am curious to know what you mean mate.

I wish I could remember some cases to quote, but there have been quite a few instances of traffic offenses being swept under the carpet, and only coming to light because of some other investigation. Higher-ups in the government get mental pay too, so affording good lawyers isn't issue too.

Hell if John Singleton, a wealthy and influential business man, can get a 165kmph NSW speeding fine dropped, what do you think someone with actual authority can do?

http://www.parliamen...y/LC19970923013

Mate, these are the people with something to lose, they just pay the fine... Also on what planet would a lawyer be cheaper than a fine?

Get diplomat plates, you can kill pedestrians and flee the country the next day with no recourse.

http://www.parliamen...y/LC19970923013

Mate, these are the people with something to lose, they just pay the fine... Also on what planet would a lawyer be cheaper than a fine?

:Drugs:

They take it to court to avoid the points loss or potential gaol sentance, not the $2000 fine. If they lose, the fine just increases a bit, but if they win, they retain all points and a clean record. Joe Average is the one who just pays the SDRO because a lawyer costs more than the fine, not the the guys with seven figures or more to their name...

Edited by pmod

Get diplomat plates, you can kill pedestrians and flee the country the next day with no recourse.

How does on go about acquiring these, as I too, wish to drive like a complete f**ktard with no regard for road rules or speed limits.

^ If I knew I'd still be in Canberra. Alas, I couldn't get my hands on a set to run over countless govt officials so I left.

^ If I knew I'd still be in Canberra. Alas, I couldn't get my hands on a set to run over countless govt officials so I left.

It's not too late to try again.

:bringiton:

That means I'd have to at least visit Canberra again, if not live there. Aside from good mates in the car scene and the military there is literally nothing in that shit hole of a place worth going back for.

Canberra's ok in small doses. Not sure I'd live there in the winter months.

That means I'd have to at least visit Canberra again, if not live there. Aside from good mates in the car scene and the military there is literally nothing in that shit hole of a place worth going back for.

Not true. There's still so much community service you could do...

double+tap+2.jpg

Edited by pmod

Speaking of f**k wit government officials . REMEBER that Tom k bloke? Sa government official? Got done speeding an was getting a government paid limo to work? And then came out with some f**king brilliant idea that every *milkshake* who losses his license should get driven everywhere. What a f**k wit