Sign in to follow this  
Shadow_Matrix

Getting an interstate s14 rego'd in ACT

Hey everyone,

I'm buying an S14 from victoria & getting a permit to drive over here (unregistered & no road worthy). I just moved here, so I don't know how strict they are on rego'ing, but I'm a bit nervous because the s14 doesn't have the stock turbo, it's got a s15 turbo. The mods for the s14 are:

-FMIC

-s15 turbo

-full exhaust setup

-HD clutch

I read through this thread:

http://nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=534644

and it seems I have to go to Dickson, since it's an interstate? Apparently they are strict there too right?

I'm mainly nervous that they're going to kick up shit about the S15 turbo, any advice?

Edited by Shadow_Matrix

and it seems I have to go to Dickson, since it's an interstate?

No, that is not correct.

If your vehicle falls into one of the following categories you may either book and have your vehicle inspected at the Dickson Motor Registry or have your vehicle inspected by an Approved Inspection Station listed below. A fee applies to all vehicle inspections.

Inspections are required for the following;

Any vehicle over 6 years old requiring a transfer of ownership

Interstate vehicles transferring to ACT registration

When registration has expired by more than 12 months

Defect clearances (unless directed to Road User Services, Dickson Motor Registry)

Establishment of registration

So your interstate vehicle transferring to ACT rego can be inspected by an Approved Inspection Station.

You do have to go if:

Please note that, vehicles over 4.5 tonne GVM, public vehicles, modified vehicles, imported vehicles or vehicles without compliance plates MUST attend the Dickson Motor Registry.

But the only issue is the FMIC (which I passed through Dickson) and your exhaust noise level.

S15 turbo is the same, everyone has a "HD Clutch". You should be worried about oil leaks, split boots, grommets, chassis/body damage, gauges, boost controllers, computer, tyres, suspension height and wear, engine numbers, cleanliness, seat belts, steering wheel, stereo, lights (colour, direction, clarity).

S14/15 are mostly Australian delivered, it's not an import. Just take it to a inspection station, don't say it's modified, say it's 200sx. If they ask about the parts, say it's a aftermarket replacement part. If they kick up a stink, tell them not to do the inspection and take it somewhere else.

Edited by Stinkypoo

and it seems I have to go to Dickson, since it's an interstate?

No, that is not correct.

If your vehicle falls into one of the following categories you may either book and have your vehicle inspected at the Dickson Motor Registry or have your vehicle inspected by an Approved Inspection Station listed below. A fee applies to all vehicle inspections.

Inspections are required for the following;

Any vehicle over 6 years old requiring a transfer of ownership

Interstate vehicles transferring to ACT registration

When registration has expired by more than 12 months

Defect clearances (unless directed to Road User Services, Dickson Motor Registry)

Establishment of registration

So your interstate vehicle transferring to ACT rego can be inspected by an Approved Inspection Station.

You do have to go if:

Please note that, vehicles over 4.5 tonne GVM, public vehicles, modified vehicles, imported vehicles or vehicles without compliance plates MUST attend the Dickson Motor Registry.

But the only issue is the FMIC (which I passed through Dickson) and your exhaust noise level.

S15 turbo is the same, everyone has a "HD Clutch". You should be worried about oil leaks, split boots, grommets, chassis/body damage, gauges, boost controllers, computer, tyres, suspension height and wear, engine numbers, cleanliness, seat belts, steering wheel, stereo, lights (colour, direction, clarity).

S14/15 are mostly Australian delivered, it's not an import. Just take it to a inspection station, don't say it's modified, say it's 200sx. If they ask about the parts, say it's a aftermarket replacement part. If they kick up a stink, tell them not to do the inspection and take it somewhere else.

Thanks for the info! I forgot to mention the ride height, how lenient are they with that in your experience? Also with the FMIC, what do they look for? Is there a list or any website where I can browse through the regulations? Thank-you!

ride height is simple.. if u can drive over their pit, you're good... if u cant - bye bye. if u go there at about 115mm, you should just get over it. even though the legal height is 100mm, their pit walls are NOT 100mm. I just scraped over them when I raised my old 180 to 110mm and they refused to check my car as I had already failed the height test.

Edited by chosen1