Sign in to follow this  
Vodkashot

Moving interstate

Afternoon Gents,

Long story short, NSW has nothing left for me here but shitty memories and bad experiences, I have no family and my friends understand why I need to go. The only real commitment I have here in NSW is a very good job. Finding work for me won't be a problem, What I do has few experienced people and positions everywhere.

I just want to know who here has moved interstate, How hard was it? Did you have any help? Can you do it by yourself? How did you get your stuff interstate? Is it hard getting a drivers licence? How much did it cost you? Do you have any advice?

I have been thinking either Melbourne or Adelaide (More so the latter)

adelaide rules man

licences are handed out in cereal boxes so no biggy there. heaps of work if your not a douchelord.

adelaide rules man

licences are handed out in cereal boxes so no biggy there. heaps of work if your not a douchelord.

See it's been a while since I have been on NS... You're a f**king mod?! Loz must be pretty damn desperate :P

Jokes aside what's it like getting a place to rent there?

haha yeah no shit hey.

and rents not bad... im paying 610 a fortnite for a 3 bedroom house, large backyard and okish carport... im a 20m drive to the city from here. not to bad.

what do you do for work (i cant remember sorry dude haha)

haha yeah no shit hey.

and rents not bad... im paying 610 a fortnite for a 3 bedroom house, large backyard and okish carport... im a 20m drive to the city from here. not to bad.

what do you do for work (i cant remember sorry dude haha)

Professional cat milker.

Nah, I do service advising; More so heavy vehicles (Prime movers, Road trains, Trailers etc etc)

adelaide rules man

Oh please do enlighten me concerning this bold peice of text :lol:

Theres work, But its shit. It will get you started off though Vods. Its a big move dude. You'll need cash behind you to last you a bit once you've moved over and found a job

adelaide rules man licences are handed out in cereal boxes so no biggy there. heaps of work if your not a douchelord.
Oh please do enlighten me concerning this bold peice of text :lol: Theres work, But its shit. It will get you started off though Vods. Its a big move dude. You'll need cash behind you to last you a bit once you've moved over and found a job

I'll find a job and then move, Even if I have to fly down for a job interview.

As for the moving your crap down; Best thing to do is speak to Avis or Budget; Hire one of their trucks and just load up, And drive on down there (whether that be Adelaide or Melbourne). All you do is say you want to leave the truck in your arrival state and I beleive AVIS or Budget won't charge you an interstate drop off fee; Whereas Thrifty do.