Sign in to follow this  
Nomnomnom

Gary's S14A.

Somehow in my head over the weekend at wtac I decided that I want 400rwkw... Don't really know why but maybe just cause I can with this motor. It's not gonna happen straight away though because I need to upgrade the fuel and ignition system and obviously the turbo. MAAAD

My favourite current S14A build just got even better! :D

There is a private mixed (drift/circuit) track day at Wakefield next Tuesday (29/10) if you're keen? Feel free to PM if interested.

WTAC does that... makes you want things you don't really need!

So true... hahaha.

Precision 6262 is a great turbo for what you want. If you have an open budget; FP HTA or Garrett 3582 will get you there.

Haha yeah man I really have my eyes set on a gtx3582r at the moment. And gcg had a Garrett stall on the weekend. And guess what... Garrett are now doing a twin scroll v-band housing for the 35 frame!!!! Much love!! DOES WANT

Somehow in my head over the weekend at wtac I decided that I want 400rwkw... Don't really know why but maybe just cause I can with this motor. It's not gonna happen straight away though because I need to upgrade the fuel and ignition system and obviously the turbo. MAAAD

My favourite current S14A build just got even better! :D

There is a private mixed (drift/circuit) track day at Wakefield next Tuesday (29/10) if you're keen? Feel free to PM if interested.

So true... hahaha.

Naw thank man n_n didn't know my car had any fans :) thanks heaps for expressing your interest in the build!!

And lol the car doesn't have a gearbox in it yet so I won't be doing anything yet sorry. But I'm definitely going to a matsuri at Wakefield with DVS DRIFT in Feb! So pumped! But yeah. I'll definitely pick up a gearbox this week.

Damn that clutch is a mess lol

Well Pressure Plate more so, but jesus!

Edited by ActionDan

OK I'm caught up on this thread now, proceed :)

400kW GO

Oh and stop stuffing around with drift.

Grip time.

Edited by ActionDan

Haha cheers for catching up :)

I wanna do some motorkhana too lol and I do want to get in to some circle racing don't worry.

Haha I know just having a dig. I think circuit would be a shit ton cheaper than drift too!

Well I guess I just want to get amongst it. But I don't want a slow car either. But I'm heading that way regardless of what I chose to use the car for. Just have to build it strong and reliable.

Having a look at a z32 gearbox this arvo. Hopefully it's not a lemon.

Your car will be plenty fast in terms of power. So long as you've got the right rubber and brakes you'll be fine.

Well I better do a brake upgrade first hey. Probably just go for some dba rotors maybe gtr calipers.

Good pads and fluid will be half your battle run and done.

I only upgraded calipers on mine because S13s have such shitty brakes.

Though with your power you're going to get some speed up so slotted and vented rotors would be a good addition, at the least up front. I think rears are usually just slotted but still solid for the entry level stuff.

Fair enough dude. Unfortunately I kinda sorta have the mentality of do it once do it right so I think ill have to go a bit better than the solid rears. I don't usually try to cut corners. Except if I miss the apex and then it's like "f**k it, clutch kick!!"

Nah I do what I want! Apparently it was sitting in a paddock well the car was. With no bonnet of course.

I'll give it a clean up and a lick of aluminium paint though.

Or just sandblast.

Edited by Nomnomnom

Is the gearbox from an NA 300zx! If so most likely will be in good condition!

Yeah man of course it's na! There was bugger all clutch dust in the bell housing and everything seems to be smooth But yeah though, I'm not sure if you saw the picture, but there's not a turbo in sight :P 'sall good

I did the same and the box was in top condition.

Look into getting billet selector forks from PPG as these do tend to break on the Z32 boxes. Can get them for 1-2 and 3-4 and if your drifting and smashing it from 3-4 a lot, then it's a worthwhile investment.

So I haven't been very motivated lately but yesterday I managed to take some measurements on the bell housings.

Here are the two different input snouts. The right is z32 and left is s14

7B31DEBA-384A-4058-91C8-7417A7BF006F-228-0000001BB7306253_zpsdee27818.jpg

So interestingly, it looks like Nissan have done another brain fart and put two fork pivot locations on the z32. All I need to do to retain the standard slave cyl position now is to mill the other location to the same height, drill and tap. Thank you Nissan!!

25A7C19B-6617-41D2-A41E-E7F001604B39-228-0000001BBF01F93D_zpsc38c911c.jpg

Now here's a couple of measurements which I need to keep in mind, mainly the flange face to pivot distance needs to be the s14 distance if I'm keeping the s14 slave location, which I do want to do.

9B909192-53E8-44BF-ADC9-C330E5D9520D-228-0000001BCA94303F_zpsd2356bf3.jpg

So hopefully I can cut the bell housings up this week and get them milled to the right height ready for welding.

So yesterday I had my aligning plate that I drew up laser cut. It's perfect!

573E6B52-B70A-42A8-9E31-49CC552C27A7-1139-00000163BDF99DBE_zps30012555.jpg

Just gotta bore 1mm out of the centre hole because it's a fine tolerance diameter and ream two dowel holes.

579C32CA-7AC7-4D06-A220-6D9288C22A09-1139-00000163CAB5B887_zps56d43473.jpg

Today I managed to bore the hole to the correct size on the plate and ream the two dowel holes. When I got home I made sure it fit.

1BB91828-EFAC-408D-87B2-C4439AC37F25-452-0000003DC75B39C7_zpsddbf1642.jpg

This one is just of the plate aligned with the tool and holes located correctly to check it.

E64F699E-ACAB-4C3A-8202-6F9DCDF7AF11-452-0000003DCDD0BB68_zps0da59035.jpg

Sign in to follow this