Sign in to follow this  
zaz96

Written off status question?

I recently bought an S15 that has write off history.

I am unsure of what the damage was however the car is 100% straight.

I did a REVS/PPSR check at the time of purchase and it came up with write off history in NSW in 2004 with the type as "Inspected", the car has been registered since then.

Here is a screenshot of the REVS/PPSR:

PPSR.jpg

http://s10.postimg.org/kzi9nsp1l/PPSR.jpg

Will I have any problem re-registering this vehicle?

Edited by zaz96

Should be fine if it has been registered since. Most likely a financial/repairable write off.

Only Dickson can tell you whether it can be re-registered. Friend of mine bought a Skyline and it came up as a repairable write-off economical in 2004, took it to pits and they failed him and said his chassis was bent, even tho it drove straight, was registered (NSW)

For your sake I hope it's 100% straight cause Dickson can be mean and picky with things.

took it to pits and they failed him and said his chassis was bent, even tho it drove straight, was registered (NSW)

Did it ever get fixed though? It 'driving straight' isn't really a good indicator of a bent chassis, just of good wheel alignment. It also could have been crashed a second time.

Edited by _R_J_K_

took it to pits and they failed him and said his chassis was bent, even tho it drove straight, was registered (NSW)

Did it ever get fixed though? It 'driving straight' isn't really a good indicator of a bent chassis, just of good wheel alignment. It also could have been crashed a second time.

One would assume it got fix cause it was registered (from the sounds of it, the last owner and new owners of it seem to know someone in NSW that just passes it for some extra cash)

Personally if it'd be me looking at buying a car and it came up as repairable write off, I'd steer clear.

Personally if it'd be me looking at buying a car and it came up as repairable write off, I'd steer clear.

Best advice ever.