Sign in to follow this  
ActionDan

Budget CA S13 Track Car - Upgrades time...

I run 245 wide on all 4 wheels. 17x9 with +15 offset. I run Origin 40mm wider front guards and 50mm wider guards on the rear.

A050 in 235 wide for $600 sounds amazing value, go for it. Too easy. :)

They were a 2014 date tyre and I wanna run a few days before I bother with nicer rubber as I assume my suspension will take some tuning before it's right.

Pickup rear pads and called my spray painted to work out how much it';ll cost me to have the front bar on the GT-R done again because a mate changed lanes on me and fucking sandblasted my fresh bar into oblivion. Won't have to worry about chips from a track day now...

Looking at cams/springs and some nismo engine and trans mounts for the GT-R also.

Silvia will get front end put back up, get those high misalignment tie rods in, slot the LCA mount to increase track to match the rear and then we're off for an alignment.

Looking at flare and guard rolling options, one of the local Silvia boys managed to get a 255 under there without a flare.

Even sitting up in the air you can see the extra track, pic coming.

As you can see, increased track is visible. Will drill a new mount for the front LCA to match.

Also found a way to make some little brake ducts for the rear, this is attached to the RLCA so will move with the hub.

15327544_10155462123594838_1696338224_n.jpg15310320_10155458877629838_1105001257_n.jpg15293411_10155465880409838_2081707076_o.jpg

Got the front end up in the air, wheels off etc and start disconnecting arms so I can look at the LCA mount. I can't just re-drill a hole that's 5mm further out to match the increase in the rear track width as the bolt hole is too big for that.

When looking at the stock track widths;

S13; front 1466mm

rear 1461mm

S14; 1480mm

rear 1470mm

I'll now have 1470mm in the rear and currently 1466 up front.

I'm thinking I'll go a bit wider in the front, but also a touch lower on the k frame for a little more roll centre correction and hopefully to avoid going too wide on the redrill.

Maybe a touch under what the S14 runs factory.

Front: 1475-1480ish

Rear: 1470mm

15609180_10155533255959838_123498362_o.jpg

Edited by ActionDan

Finally got back to this - still playing with GT-R

Not going to bother slotting LCA mounts, just want to put the car together and drive it.

Steering column solid spacer is in the too hard basket as I can't be stuffed dropping the whole column and i can't seem to do it in the engine bay.

I have used a die to extend the thread on the rack ends also as the GKtech high misalignmnent tie rod ends take up too much space/thread so you either need to do this or buy new rack ends.

All that said, is anyone even on this forum any more?

Good to hear that there is progress again.

It seems to be a ghost town here now.

I assume everyone else is one FB?

SAU build threads are still fairly popular.

SAU also works better though. I find that a lot of links don't work for me first time, new tab helps, and I never get notifications for anything any more.

Edited by ActionDan

Tie rod ends and braided lines done.

Swaybar end links must have been munted during install so will need some new ones.

Lining up fabricator for exhaust modifications. Arranged a nice bleeding kit to do brakes and then will get alignment.

Need to spend some time on the gearbox as it has a few leaks from various spots.

20170319_133600-747x1328.jpg

20170319_140538-1328x747.jpg

Did you have any trouble getting the OEM brake lines off? I tried to do mine and couldn't get them to budge and thought i was gonna break something.

You have trust yourself.

I did need to use multigrips on of them and I put little WD40 on the thread to help.

The nut on the hard line needs to be cracked anti-clockwise with a 10mm.

Think I'm gonna relocate this build thread to SAU.

Will post a link when I do, probs over lunch.

Sign in to follow this