Sign in to follow this  
Skidsfordays

Jzz30 1jz turned Jza80 1jz build thread

Shuld b gud.... Luv wot uv dun wif it m8.... Manny conv wil b heeps beta.... Yeh....

yeah will be heaps more fun to drive when its manual... Heaps faster through the corners...
  • Downvote 1

Bought my new turbo setup comes in 2 weeks... Bought a Precision 6262 .82, 6boost manifold and 45mm gate...

had to put off turbo conversion till after manual conversion...

so you never bought it in other words

• Upvote 1

Bought my new turbo setup comes in 2 weeks... Bought a Precision 6262 .82, 6boost manifold and 45mm gate...

had to put off turbo conversion till after manual conversion...

so you never bought it in other words

no i did... Just had to put off putting it in... Turbo should get here monday hopefully...
  • Downvote 1

I put a second hand diff in it for now... Will send the broken one off to get rebuilt with a kaaz 1.5 way center...

Bought a few more bits and pieces this week... Still waiting for my r154 to show up though... cant wait...

null_zps30b80d4a.jpg

new fuel pumps... Twin Walbro GS341...

null_zpsb2b3cad7.jpg

Billet Thrust Washer

null_zpsfa117e9e.jpg

High Grade Alloy 3-4 Shift fork

null_zps45632920.jpg

Billet 1-2 shift fork

null_zpseb252f59.jpg

High Grade Alloy Bearing Retainer

Looks good. A tad dark on the tint imo, but hey, if you don't reverse into garbage bins then it's all good.

Looks good. A tad dark on the tint imo, but hey, if you don't reverse into garbage bins then it's all good.

Yeah at night its a little on the dark side... But during the day its awesome... Keeps the car so much cooler does get scoulded by everything in the car anymore... Haha

just drove soarer for last time for a while... shes officially off the road... gunna be a long few months but will be worth it... next time shes on the road she'll be manual, and single turbo:)

null_zpsb11a961c.jpg

The twins

null_zps0c390374.jpg

Currently N/A as f**k... :P

Will be mocking up the single turbo today to check clearences and wastegate location... Then its hold for 2 weeks till it goes to castle hill exhaust to get some of the exhaust made...

Mocked up turbo and manifold... One clearence issue with water outlet housing but easy fixed...

null_zps7fc83139.jpg

null_zps898ab528.jpg

null_zpsc02bfb24.jpg

null_zpse61ba404.jpg

so that radiator hose will last all of about 5 mins like that

Yeah im cutting the neck off the water outlet and welding it back on at a better angle... Plus manifold is getting ceramic coated for extra heat protection...

What ecu/injectors you going to use?

PowerFC and 800cc

Edited by V8 import

ill be honest.

surprised its actually coming together. good wheels and a big drop will help it in the looks department though haha

ill be honest.

surprised its actually coming together. good wheels and a big drop will help it in the looks department though haha

Well, it's not really that much of a shock. Irrespective of how sensible the infamous Pulsar build was, those guys sunk a good amount of time and cash into it. In comparison, bolt-in engine swaps and turbo conversions are a hell of a lot less effort, and are just a cash obstacle.

Edited by pmod

ill be honest.

Well, it's not really that much of a shock. Irrespective of how sensible the infamous Pulsar build was, those guys sunk a good amount of time and cash into it. In comparison, bolt-in engine swaps and turbo conversions are a hell of a lot less effort, and are just a cash obstacle.

Thanks for noticing the effort we put into cars... This car is just a money pit... Even with a lot of the work being done by myself... Cant wait to see the finished product...

ill be honest.

Consentrating on go fast parts atm... Wheels and body come later...

I don't know if you've ever driven a car with a screamer pipe, but it isn't fun and doesn't really suit a luxury GT cruiser like a Soarer either, unless your idea of a good time is to stay off boost 24/7 when driving in the city. In the two weeks I had to tollerate driving with the screamer pipe that came with my external wastegate (had no opportunity to get it plumbed back in), I have never driven my 180sx slower. Scaring children and old folks on the sidewalk gets old quickly, and you just end up driving around wondering when a cop will jump out of a bush and pork you in the arse :(

Edited by pmod