Sign in to follow this  
Sadistic

Can you get 4 stud wheels redrilled to 5 stud?

As per topic, I have a set of 4 stud xd9s which I love but now im going 5 stud, is it possible to get these re-drilled to 5 stud making them effectively multi-stud?

It depends if there is the room/space on the front and back of the rim centre for drilling. A lot of jap rims have a recess between the bolt holes on the rim and can't be redrilled.

I've never looked at the hub side o a xd9 rim so can't say for sure.

Ah, didn't consider that. Thank you for the first proper reply, I'll have a look. Do you happen to have any suggestions on which companies can re-drill?

Just checked out a 5 stud xd9 and if 4 stud has the same holes between the studs, then no can't be drilled

Where abouts are you located?

But most proper wheel repair shops can get rims redrilled, or find a company that distributes cheap shit wheels as most come blank with out holes and are drilled in house

Xd9's are a dime a dozen these days. Cut your losses, sell the 4stud ones and buy 5stud ones to suit.

Many engineering shops will turn you away as drilling alloy wheels can put hairline cracks in it, making the wheel a ticking time bomb of when it could fail. Steel wheels, whole other ball game.

Edited by -Truck-

South of sydney, Wollongong. There is a wheel repair place in Unanderra who may do it but I cannot recall the name.. Looks as though I'm back to the original plan, sell the 4 stud xd9s and buy 5 stud wheels.

As truck said, that's probably the best plan.

4 stud ones aren't super common any way so should be easy to sell and even easier to find the same in 5 stud.

I wouldn't bother asking Spot on in Unanderra to do it, sell them on & buy new wheels if you are certain you're going five stud.

Why would you switch to 5 stud and buy the same wheels? if you're upgrading brakes you can get 4 stud rotors from midnight mods for the S15 calipers.

it can be done if it has a flat face where the hub sits. they use one of the existing holes, 4x114.3 to 5x114.3 can be done, but 4x114.3 to 5x100 can't be done.

will look like this

drift_tek_gold.jpg

Was just wondering myself if there are any 5 stud to 4 stud as there is vice versa? Have some wheels off my s13 that I wouldnt mind chucking on the s15 till I save some cash.if someone knows of some unknown place that sells them?

In all fairness he asked a question and didn't get an answer.

He didn't ask why he should upgrade to 5 stud now did he?

Thread tidied. People come here for help guys - answer the question or GTFO.

Was just wondering myself if there are any 5 stud to 4 stud as there is vice versa? Have some wheels off my s13 that I wouldnt mind chucking on the s15 till I save some cash.if someone knows of some unknown place that sells them?

The only "easy" way of doing that with non-multistud wheels is to use conversion spacers. Almost certainly a defect in Australia (like every mod), but people say they're safe enough to run.

http://www.ebay.com....hash=item2c6a8d6aee

I'm sure if you hunt around you could find some that are the reverse. I only ran a quick search.

It should be noted that there are a lot of really nice 5-stud rims going cheap, so even though I know the feeling of having 4-tud rims you want to retain, there's really no reason not to simply sell and buy a set of 5-stud rims.

Edited by pmod

You can go from 5 stud to 4 stud. But this all really depends on the wheels you get.

These below DO NOT allow you to to drill as there is not enough area space (next to none) between the holes. These are hollow in between and do not provide enough support to take the pressure of the wheel.

IMAG0553_zps3a0edd06.jpg?t=1348100823

See below, These wheels can be redrilled (not exactly these ones) because of the wheel structure itself. see how there are no gaps in between the stud holes, it is completed solid.

Hope this answers your response.

style264.jpg

Has anyone tried drilling forklift wheels and slapping on some tires?

Would have the biggest dish. =|

industrial-wheel-rim-forklift-rim-wheel-10-5ix12-21839715.jpg

Has anyone tried drilling forklift wheels and slapping on some tires?

Would have the biggest dish. =|

industrial-wheel-rim-forklift-rim-wheel-10-5ix12-21839715.jpg

GTFO

If that is the style of wheel you are after, SSR MkIs and Centerlines already come with dish and correct stud pattern and would weigh about 1/4 of the forklift wheels)

/facepalm

Are SSRMkis forklift wheels?

Or centerlines?

No.

I put it up there as a sarcastic comment. I know there are mega dished wheels around.

Don't be up set boy.

Or centerlines?

No.

I put it up there as a sarcastic comment. I know there are mega dished wheels around.

Don't be up set boy.

yo cambers, how many cambers can you roll in an hour?

Or centerlines?

No.

Don't be up set boy.

Sorry I have low tolerance to idiots