Sign in to follow this  
Tbetts

***Apple Vs Android *** Who gets your vote?

Do you prefer Apple or Android?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer Apple or Android?

• Apple Iphone
    • Android (Samsung,HTC etc)

i voted for apple... i was a past android user and didnt like the lag time, battery hours i got out of it. i was using a htc. i moved on to apple and never looked back.

i know a mate that moved from the iphone 4 to samsung galaxy s2 as everyone was braggin about it. but nuh.. told me about the lag, and battery life... so now he's moved back onto apple with the iphone 5

what annoys me the most is that, the majority of ppl that criticise the iPhone, have never used one properly before. their opinion does not count.

what annoys me the most is that, the majority of ppl that criticise the iPhone, have never used one properly before. their opinion does not count.

I was an apple user for 2 years then switched to the galaxy S2 and would never go back to apple unless they did something UNBELIEVABLE! Plus there is so much more freedom and customization and I f**kn hate i tunes!!!

Sure it does. There are tons of people in the "I didn't want to pay Apple's rediculous prices and my basic low cost phone that isn't Apple does exactly what I need it to" boat.

Using the iPhone is just one aspect of why people may or may not like it, obvious others like cost and durability are valid reasons for liking or not liking one product.

Last night phone was on 75% turned off all apps, went to task bar and memory, closed all background apps and it said 4 programs have shut down (used to say 15) woke up and its on 39%

whats so bad about iTunes?

It is an incredibly invasive piece of software.

It is also quite offensive that crapple have locked down their phone so that you cannot do anything with the phone on your pc without iTunes.

It is just another way for crapple to say "we own you" by forcing you to do something that is completely unnecessary just because they want more control.

:edit:

Nisskid you cant, i just watched that on the train and couldnt stop myself from laughing at some of those priceless comments.

Thank to you people on my train think im crazy.

Edited by Chappy

"Why are you lining up for this phone instead of ordering on the internet?"

"B'cos i dinnt wan get screwd ovr by da innrnit"

"So you stay off the internet?"

"Yeah"

"So what features do you want to use on this phone?"

"Da innrnit"

:lol:

How can you use an iPhone "properly"... You either use it or you don't... It doesn't lend itself to varying degrees of using.

I just use the Mrs' one to play Words with Friends, aka Dirty Words with Her Friends :P

That would only make me a casual user, wouldn't it?

It is an incredibly invasive piece of software.

It is also quite offensive that crapple have locked down their phone so that you cannot do anything with the phone on your pc without iTunes.

It is just another way for crapple to say "we own you" by forcing you to do something that is completely unnecessary just because they want more control.

iTunes on a PC def sucks but on a Mac it runs way smoother, If you just let iTunes manage your library it can actually be a major benefit. I used to sort all my shit into folders upon folders but clicking through heaps of sub directories trying to find what I wanted was becoming a massive pain. I have spent alot of initial time setting up my itunes library so everything is categorised, but now it all works fine and I don't have to worry about where I'm going to put videos/music anymore. To be able to search for what I want by Genre/artist/rating/title is great and once you learn how to setup "smart" playlists you'll wonder how you ever lived without it.

The icing on the cake has def gotta be the Apple TV playback, we have about 5 in our house and I can play music to any of them simultaneously and individually control the volume for each from either my computer or phone (pretty handy for parties I must say).

So you ppl who bag iTunes either haven't given it a chance or are prob running it on shitty hardware. Also i'm not saying iTunes is the be all and end all of Media management and it def has some flaws but there's not much else out there that offers the same flexibility or media organisation, the only other program I can think of that comes pretty close it "Plex".

I am not griping about the features dude (i havent played music on my PC for years) i am griping about the things you are forced to use it for.

I had one brief experience with iTunes back before the iPhone existed when i installed it on my PC to let a friend use their iPod.

It injected itself into the most disturbing places within Windows and i was never able to fully rid my PC of iTunes until i formatted it.

That bothered me enough to vow never to install that pile of shit on a computer i own ever again.

Last night phone was on 75% turned off all apps, went to task bar and memory, closed all background apps and it said 4 programs have shut down (used to say 15) woke up and its on 39%

Dude, download the app that I provided before. It will tell you what is killing your battery or your battery is fùcked and needs replacing.

eh, i know more about iphones then there users at times and i don't even have 1.

My workplace has iphones and not because it was a decision made between Android v Android v Nokia v BlackBerry v Everything.. We previously had BlackBerry which from an Enterprise enviroment suck at being managed once the iphone came out it had amazing abilities in comparison to the BlackBerry or other devices.. and the Mail feature which these phones are mainly given to staff for was easier to manage.

Although we completely block everything from the phones and no PC has iTunes.

The Advantage with Android is really only understood once you properly use it, the Google experience is not just Android it everything begins to tie in and work perfectly, I often see iOS people complain about loosing contacts.. All my contacts are stored on Google none on my phone, The interaction between all my other android/pc devices is awesome.. The theme/skin ability out of the box without rooting is a winner and once you do root the phone modders have access to everything.

I can easily admit that android does have a larger smarter user fan base since its ability to unlock and give access to everything, whilst iphone will forever be the fanbase of It does everything i want.

The only issue that Android suffers is Fragmentation, where there are so many devices running Android all on different versions and hardware that people say 'Oh my android experience was shit, but thats cause they have a overall crap Android service in comparison to people who get a Good Android phone like Nexus which is updated very fast.

These kind of issues are slowly dissapearing as Google puts pressure on the brands and the fans put pressure to get them to work harder and release the updates as soon as google is ready to release it and not 6months later.

Some Android phones out there are still on very old releases purely because the Manufacturer just says No we will not be investing anytime to focus on implementing this Upgrade into the phone, so people hack it and do it themself with custom roms made to suit.

Edited by antonioシ

that's a bit of a bullshit rule. facts and figures make up a cohesive argument and if the facts and figures weigh up, then either side has the chance of winning, regardless. and anyway, if what you say was the case, then most of the Apple users opinions on Android doesn't count either :S

iTunes on a PC def sucks but on a Mac it runs way smoother

So you ppl who bag iTunes either haven't given it a chance or are prob running it on shitty hardware.

I think there might be a point of contention about what makes "shitty hardware" :lol:

Some Android phones out there are still on very old releases purely because the Manufacturer just says No we will not be investing anytime to focus on implementing this Upgrade into the phone, so people hack it and do it themself with custom roms made to suit.

and those manufacturers will slowly phase out of Android deployment because nobody will buy their stuff any more :) that's one of the reasons why samsung is doing so well in the android market, compared to other manufacturers.

Edited by pyro

Your kidding right??

Maybe paying for music only to find out your borrowing it.. Or that you can even drop a avi file on your phone and they ban apps that allow you to.. Don't even get me started on the all that f**king syncing bull shit.. New f**king version every couple of months. I could keep on going.

With android its copy, then paste.

Edited by e rock

How much can you customize the S3? In terms of "Jailbreaking" I've no clue on androids.

You don't have to jailbreak an Android phone.

That's why I put "Jailbreak"

If you also read, I've no clue on androids you could have been helpful and explained what the process is for androids. All I know is jailbreaking because I'm a long time apple user and never used any other phone. (Apart from brick nokias)

I've heard of Rooting? or someshit like that, is it the same as what an apple user would do in terms of jailbreaking?

Bloke you don't have to answer, your heads filled with sand.

All I was saying is that there isn't as much of a need to root an Android phone as there is to jailbreak an iPhone.

The Android OS does not have the same compatibility and usability limitations as iOS.

i dont have any troubles with iTunes.. and yeah im on a mac. everything seems fine to me.

and yeah i stand at what i say. if u havent used both phones before dont bother commenting. really..

but anyways if i had to complain about the iphone 5 and iOS 5.. it would be siri.. alice http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=f5d922d97e345aa1 is more entertaining...

Your kidding right??

Maybe paying for music only to find out your borrowing it.. Or that you can even drop a avi file on your phone and they ban apps that allow you to.. Don't even get me started on the all that f**king syncing bull shit.. New f**king version every couple of months. I could keep on going.

With android its copy, then paste.

u must be doing it wrong.. i copy and paste.. easy.

all i do i download the album from pirate bay. then drag the folder to itunes and wifi sync. voila..

Edited by HYPA13

^Or you can just drag the file from pc straight to your music file on a samsung via wireless.

All I was saying is that there isn't as much of a need to root an Android phone as there is to jailbreak an iPhone.

The Android OS does not have the same compatibility and usability limitations as iOS.

I understand, I'm more leaning towards the customization of android. Is it similar to the iOS jailbreak where you can customize almost anything?

You can customise it a fair bit without perfoming a root on it.

Mine's got a stock standard operating system on it, yet every app I have is free, and all do everything I need (spirit level, unit converter, digital UHF-style radio streaming, OBD scanner, etc). Want free music? No worries, there's an app for that, and everything lands in the standard music player.

Sweet as cheers. Really wanted to know if it was customizable.

Time to hit up telstra and see what contracts they have :woot: