Sign in to follow this  
Tbetts

***Apple Vs Android *** Who gets your vote?

Do you prefer Apple or Android?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer Apple or Android?

• Apple Iphone
    • Android (Samsung,HTC etc)

I got it on a plan. My battery end of day rarely comes under 50%. When I'm driving, my phone is connected to the head deck whilst charging, when I sleep my phone is on charge so really I don't even think about low battery

I use smart phones cause I find it easier to manipulate texts

I've had HTCs on both WInMo and Android, and use my Mrs' iPhail4 a bit as well.

I think I'll stick with my HTC Desire. Does everything I need it to do. Has all the apps I need, and I've not paid a single cent for any of them, or the music that they may/may not allow me to acquire. Best of all, it's never given me an ounce of trouble in over two years of ownership.

had an iphone since the 3G (3G, then 4, now 5) and theyve been nothing but awesome.

Dont know what rolled cambers is talking about when it comes to support. book appointment, go to apple store, get phone swapped with a replacement under warranty. If you drop it/dunk it in water, you pay the idiot tax ($150-250 depending which phone) and you get a replacement.

android does a pretty good job of emulating the experience but it lacks the polish of iOS. in terms of build quality iphones have always felt better in the hand than other phones. metal and glass > plastic.

dude at work has a note and its comically huge. not a fan.

I'm waiting for note2... i struggle to use my gf's iphone since buying an sgs2 and even then i want more room!

that said, i use my phone in a similar fashion as a tablet all the time, so a note makes sense to me, especially if needing to reply to emails etc.

Been with iphone since 3g, then 4 and now s3 and not going back.

The s3 seems like the perfect size for a phone.

Now when i use or see a iphone it looks small and stupid

The Note2 does sound like it would be a good option. I just bought a Nexus 7 which i carry to all my meetings/work/home. So I can understand having a "bigger" phone.

I still can't think of a logical reason as to why I would get an iPhone, apart from the huge range of accessories available. However that is changing quickly.

I played around with an iPhone 5 this morning and to me it was exactly like a iPhone 4. It's so boring. I like being able to easily customize widgets and their size on Jelly Bean Android to suit my uses. I unlock the screen and i have animated weather, appointments, emails, news, fb, twitter... All on one "home" Page.

China doesn't really have slave labour anymore. It's too tightly regulated.

Tiny manufacturers sometimes get away with it, but it is really minimal. You won't have that problem with Apple, Samsung or any other larger corporate company.

That's totally different to workers being treated well though.

Chinese workers are sometimes restricted to their factory compound (where they have accommodation blocks attached), but that's because it's quite common for young adults to go to the big cities to work for a few months and then vanish back to their farms with enough money to last them 9months. It's a tough situation for manufacturers.

had an iphone since the 3G (3G, then 4, now 5) and theyve been nothing but awesome. Dont know what rolled cambers is talking about when it comes to support. book appointment, go to apple store, get phone swapped with a replacement under warranty. If you drop it/dunk it in water, you pay the idiot tax ($150-250 depending which phone) and you get a replacement. android does a pretty good job of emulating the experience but it lacks the polish of iOS. in terms of build quality iphones have always felt better in the hand than other phones. metal and glass > plastic. dude at work has a note and its comically huge. not a fan.

Go and put an iPhone5 in your pocket with Keys and watch it scratch..

Oh your going to say 'Put it in a different pocket'

Galaxy S3 i dont care which pocket it doesnt scratch.

Drop an iPhone4 it will destroy the front glass or the rear glass.

Oh your going to say 'Put it in a case'

Galaxy S1/S2/S3 drop it anywhere on any surface never any serious damage.

Who cares about the material its made out of i compare a phone to what i use it for, If i wanted something that looks good but was shit id have a Louis Vuitton bag with a iPhone inside of it.

had an iphone since the 3G (3G, then 4, now 5) and theyve been nothing but awesome. Dont know what rolled cambers is talking about when it comes to support. book appointment, go to apple store, get phone swapped with a replacement under warranty. If you drop it/dunk it in water, you pay the idiot tax ($150-250 depending which phone) and you get a replacement. android does a pretty good job of emulating the experience but it lacks the polish of iOS. in terms of build quality iphones have always felt better in the hand than other phones. metal and glass > plastic. dude at work has a note and its comically huge. not a fan.

Who cares about the material its made out of i compare a phone to what i use it for, If i wanted something that looks good but was shit id have a Louis Vuitton bag with a iPhone inside of it.

I'm all for android, but i think you might be wearing some rose tinted glasses there.

The S3 is many things, but one of them is sure as hell not durable!

I also find that my iPhone4 scratches just as easily as my S3.

So if I flash my iPhone with android iOS, if I drop it its not going to crack?? Is this about phone structure or running systems?

ive been using a nokia n8 for 2 years so far, seems to do everything all other phones can do, just has frig all apps on ovi store but thats ok coz it has a 12mp high defnition camera which is actually a good camera and records good sound. And you can plug it straigh into ur tv through the hd out on the phone,

Havent owned an ifail and never will, can't like itunes no matter how hard i try, and so far this phone has been a pain in the ass but its bullet proof.

I've dropped it many many times, it just bounces, all made of metal except the front screen which is gorilla glass, very bendy shit. Im about to buy the new nokia lumia 920 when it gets released, looks pretty sharp. Havent owned a samsung galaxy either, but ive played on a mates and they are pretty decent i think.

But anyways, i vote one for the new lumia 920!

Edited by DRE20

I'm waiting for note2... i struggle to use my gf's iphone since buying an sgs2 and even then i want more room!

that said, i use my phone in a similar fashion as a tablet all the time, so a note makes sense to me, especially if needing to reply to emails etc.

I have a Note, best phone ever, best size for emails and day to day business usage..

So if I flash my iPhone with android iOS, if I drop it its not going to crack?? Is this about phone structure or running systems?

I think that is an important distinction to make.

Is this thread about iOS vs Android or is it Apple Vs the world?

Android is a far superior operating system to iOS, especially since ICS, and the only reason why iOS seems to work so flawlessly is because it's designed specifically for the device it's on whereas Android is blanket developed for a whole range of devices.

To get the best user experience from Android you need to use it on flagship devices, such as the SGS3, Note2, Nexus 7, etc. I recently picked up an SGS3 and absolutely love it. Have even purchased a Nexus 7 for the wife for her birthday.

Seeing a trend here. IPhones are gay.

And that's as useful as I'm gonna be in this thread.

I voted apple cause like I've said in other threads, I use my phone for calls, texts, music and torch. I haven't taken a photo on a phone for over a year and haven't downloaded any apps besides the torch

In saying that I have seen the s3 and it does seem nice but for me, it's like buying a car with aircon and l live in Antarctica. Just not feasible.

then why the hell would you pay apple prices? lol

i bought a generic phone running android the other day, $130 outright new from JB, is fast, big screen, camera is meh but ok, everything you need in a phone. never have i found myself not being able to do something on it, all this wank about new iphones or S3 sounds like people with nothing better to do with their cash then spend it on wank. f**k, $700 or some shit? go on a f**king holiday instead, jeez...

Edited by nisskid

my iphone5 is $7 a month on a 2yr contract. my iphone 4 was $150 up front, and my 3G was free.

not everyone buys phones outright. Frankly, its dumb unless youre one of them jokers still using pre-paid like a teenager.

This is weird. I have never put keys in my pocket with my phone, or anything else actually. I guess Im just careful? I take care of my stuff. even in the nokia 3310 days I wouldnt put coins or keys in the same pocket as my phone, but i put my phone, keys and wallet in the same pocket every time. OCD maybe?

Dropped my iphone 4 once. it slid off the roof of my car because my brother slammed the door. face first onto pebblecrete and it survived with no smashed glass. no case either. Just gave it to my brother and its still kicking along. has no scratches on it either.

I find it pretty dubious to claim a plastic phone impacting on concrete isnt going to damage the plastic housing, but android guys tend to over-exaggerate.

say what you want about build materials, my apple products, especially the stuff you have to touch (keyboards, phones, tablets, mice) are always comfortable to hold and enjoyable to use. I find myself holding my iphone5 just to hold it. feels good man.

Edited by Varvs

^^ or engineer legs??

I voted apple cause like I've said in other threads, I use my phone for calls, texts, music and torch. I haven't taken a photo on a phone for over a year and haven't downloaded any apps besides the torch

In saying that I have seen the s3 and it does seem nice but for me, it's like buying a car with aircon and l live in Antarctica. Just not feasible.

i bought a generic phone running android the other day, $130 outright new from JB, is fast, big screen, camera is meh but ok, everything you need in a phone. never have i found myself not being able to do something on it, all this wank about new iphones or S3 sounds like people with nothing better to do with their cash then spend it on wank. f**k, $700 or some shit? go on a f**king holiday instead, jeez...

Who said I paid for it?

my iphone5 is $7 a month on a 2yr contract. my iphone 4 was $150 up front, and my 3G was free.

not everyone buys phones outright. Frankly, its dumb unless youre one of them jokers still using pre-paid like a teenager.

oh sorry, i didn't realise it was a sign of having my big boy shoes on to be on a contract that locks me into some ridiculous deal with a bunch of hidden details.

oh sorry, i didn't realise it was a sign of having my big boy shoes on to be on a contract that locks me into some ridiculous deal with a bunch of hidden details.

you should have.

Who said I paid for it?

hey if it's free then cool, only reason i was ever turned off apple was their prices were ridiculous, not the worst unit to work with, especially if you're used to their interface. i have nothing against apple unlike half the people in this thread, i loved my ipod2 back when they were really the only decent option, it was strong, lasted ages, and only broke because it was dropped for the billionth time.

cool, you must have the hookups bro, quick search and these costs look fun:

http://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/mobile-phones/iphone/iphone5/index.htm?ti=TR:TR:September12:iphone5launch:iphonepage:banner

:lol:

Stewy comes in here and schools the lot of us.

FWIW, I'm still using pre-paid. Got the handset for free. I can't justify going on a plan when my phone rings more than it dials.

It is usually cheaper to buy the phone outright and go on a BYO plan than it is to get the phone on the plan.

You always end up paying more on the plan with a phone than if you had forked out the money at the start.

i find that Iphones are generally for dumbasses.

android for peeps that like to tinker/f**k around with stuff... i love my galaxy2. had it since htey came out and only had minor issues (and must be one of the only people in the world to break a g2 screen haha)

i cant use any of my mates iphones... they just feel tiny, the screens are cluttered and to hard to change bits and pieces.