Sign in to follow this  
kriss

EBISU MATSURI DISCUSSION THREAD

Thought it might be a good idea to introduce this thread and maybe sticky it?

instead of starting new threads for every event

who's going to the next one?

past experiences?

advice for first timers?

cars for sale?

general info from accommodation to transport ?

Who's got what cars?

How many sluts did you manage to spit roast with your best mate?

Edited by kriss

good idea kriss, we heading over in November for the first time, seem to have all accommodation booked ect, any recommendations of stuff to check out while where over there? we in tokyo for a week, then sendai for a few days then off to ebisu! we still trying to get a car just waiting on more stuff to come up, andy said there will be some good jzx's come up this coming week so fingers crossed!

Edited by pig513

Where in Tokyo are you staying?

Entered G1?

If anyone wants to sell their cars after matsuri is done come see me.. I'm always keen

Where in Tokyo are you staying?

Entered G1?

We staying at Sakura Hotel Jimbocho or something I'd that rings any bells? And yeah got confirmation for g1 the other night! Gotta say I'm rather excited about it!!

My wife and I are in Tokyo for a week before going up to ebisu to spectate at G1 and the weekend matsuri. We are staying in nihonmatsu at the urban. I am yet to work out if we hire a car or not. It would be so much cheaper to car pool with others. I won't be buying a car to drift because it's just not financially possible right now and I'd rather spend up in Tokyo. Maybe another year I'll do a boys trip.

I'd recommend a hire car dude we paid $600 for 10 days from the airport, alot cheaper than taxis, train ect and you see a shit load more

Trains is good in tokyo and getting too and from osaka, fukashima ect

but once you try and go rural or to any other tracks a car is needed

exacarry why we were only hiring in nihonmatsu.

me and some of the guys from marvel are heading over for november. staying at the drifters lodge, then after matsuri we're heading down to osaka and hiring a car then back to tokyo for our last few days

should be sweet!

just found out today from a dude on facebook that its $53 to get from tokyo to nihonmatsu buy trains if anybody was wondering.

True that, Getting to Nikko Circuit by taxi is a good $70 off memory and its not that far at all, which isnt to bad if your with a group..

Getting to Fuji Circuit from the station by Taxi would cost easy $150-200+ so the only cheaper way out is to catch the Bus and then swap to a taxi if needed.

cost us less tht $100 to hire a car for 6h and drive to nikko from the nearest shinkansen station

just found out today from a dude on facebook that its $53 to get from tokyo to nihonmatsu buy trains if anybody was wondering.

That would be if you took local trains instead of the Shinkansen, which I wouldn't recommend. Has this guy actually done the trip that way?

You would probably need to change lines about three times at Utsunomiya or Kuroiso or somewhere like that, which can get a bit confusing. Even if you get it right, it will take about six or seven hours.

The Shinkansen takes a bit over two hours including the local train into Nihonmatsu and is about $100.

There are express buses that go from Tokyo straight to Nihonmatsu, but they cost about the same and drop you off on the expressway bus stop, so you'd need a taxi from there as well anyway.

Getting to Nikko Circuit by taxi is a good $70 off memory and its not that far at all, which isnt to bad if your with a group.

Getting to Fuji Circuit from the station by Taxi would cost easy $150-200+ so the only cheaper way out is to catch the Bus and then swap to a taxi if needed.

A taxi from the nearest station (Ujiie on the JR Tohoku) to Nikko Circuit is about $40 each way.

For Fuji Speedway, if you get the train to Suruga Oyama station, there are buses that run directly outside the Reien gate about once an hour. Problem is, that gate is usually not open unless there's a big event on, and you'll need to walk about 2 kilometers to the other gate.

thanks a lot Alexi, he has not been there, it was just off a certain website he looked at. it is called hyperdia.com or something.

the extra cost might change my mind about hiring a car from tokyo now.

Alrighty, just booked a hire car from thrusday 7:30pm til sunday 7:30pm from Akasaka and it was just $250. thats cheaper than the train for my wife and I, even after fuel and doesnt factor in the cost of taxi's we would have had. total freedom too.

Alrighty, just booked a hire car from thrusday 7:30pm til sunday 7:30pm from Akasaka and it was just $250.  thats cheaper than the train for my wife and I, even after fuel and doesnt factor in the cost of taxi's we would have had.  total freedom too.

Perfect. Hoping to do the same.nezt year with x5 of us.Anyone care to share what they have paid for their matsuri cars? And what 'goodies' did it come with?Emailing PV and getting info but wanting to know what you guys have pickes up

Alrighty, just booked a hire car from thrusday 7:30pm til sunday 7:30pm from Akasaka and it was just $250. thats cheaper than the train for my wife and I, even after fuel and doesnt factor in the cost of taxi's we would have had. total freedom too.

I should have added that expressway tolls can add up if you drive around a lot too.

It's ¥6400 each way (about $80) from Akasaka (Kasumigaseki interchange) to Nihonmatsu, so make sure you have enough cash on you, and drive through the green tollgates, not the purple ones.

Edited by Bakadesu!

Yeh was gna say the tolls for the week will probably cost more than the car hire

Well tolls from Tokyo to Mt Haruna was $3000 each way,

So like $80 au for a day trip

That's assuming you get on at the start of the Kan-Etsu at Oizumi Interchange, which is already about a 40min drive from the middle of Tokyo. Actually getting on the expressway in the middle of Tokyo (or anywhere on the Shutoko) going to Shibukawa Interchange (closest exit to Haruna), is going to cost ¥4400 one way (~$53).

Whenever someone tells you how much something is in Japan, budget for a bit more, as they might have known something you don't. Assume you will always end up paying more than you think to avoid confusion.

Speaking of that, I recommend always having at least ¥20,000 in cash on you, just in case. I once actually had to lend some Aussie bozo who made it out to Nikko Circuit when I happened to be there about twenty bucks to get on a train back to Tokyo because he had no cash on him and couldn't get any from an ATM. He never paid me back either. :S

well that was from ikibukara (spelling?)

Took us 1hour to get the 15km to the start of the expressway at like 10:30am :S

Yeah I took a bunch of cash that I exchanged before I left and just kept min 30000 on me and hid the rest at the hotel

To give you an idea of the comparison of hire car & tolls to train - the 2009 Club Outrun trip to Japan was 2 hire cars for about 12 days. In that time we went to Maze, Nikko, Ebisu, drove all around to organise cars, went to every bloody Up Garage in Tokyo, Crystal, Super Autobacs, finding hotels, fuel & tolls & damage to the hire cars we only just came out better off per person than if we'd got a rail pass. However, we wouldn't have seen/done half the shit we did without the hire cars.