Sign in to follow this  
joe180sx

I Need a New Job

Hi Guys

I'm after a new job. I own my own kitchen, joinery and renovation company at the moment and I am over chasing the work. I don't spend enough time with the wife and kids. It's been a tough year so I really need a change.

I'm a qualified builder.

I would like a job as a project home supervisor but I can't get in the door.

I have applied for many the say I don't have project home experience but I have been doing kitchen and bathroom reno's for many years.

I would love to get in the automotive industry but I have no experience.

I need about $100k

Any help or advise would be appreciated.

Thanks Peter

My parents are in the building industry, believe me when i say everyones taken a hit and is desperately searching for work. things are starting to pick up though we have found. in todays economic climate you might be struggling to find a 100k job in the construction industry.

Hey mate I should been more clear. My company has enough work to get by, that's not the issue.

The problem is I've been running my own business since I got my trade so I haven't been employed by anyone and no project home builder is willing to give me a go. There are these jobs out there as I have been aplying for them.

I need advise on how to get my foot in the door!

well you are gonna have to start at the bottom and work your way up, i mean 100k is a lot of money no business is going to pay you that unless your worth it - by the sound of it you could be worth it but as it stands now your not.

as said above 100k is a lot of coin 90% of people earn under 80k so you might have to be more realistic..particularly the hammering construction is copping.

good luck all the same.

Thanks mate I'll see how I go I just applied for another job as a supervisor

One of my best mates went out by himself in the last 6 months. Working 3-4 days a week on average making an easy $1500 a week minimum. Have you thought that maybe you aren't charging enough? Charge more, work less win win...

Also best thing about being your own boss is you work whenever pleases you. You are reaping all the rewards and not making someone else rich.

Yeh I know mate but the problem is I'm working 7 days a week and not getting anywhere. There's more money going out then coming in. I can't charge anymore cause I won't get the jobs.

I was hanging to go to the NS meet on Sunday but had to work.

I will see what happens but thanks for all the advise

It been 4 years now and I think I'm to anal, I keep getting rid of my workers cause they don't do a good job so I end up doing everything myself

Perhaps you should consult a financial advisor / business analyst to see where your going wrong or what could be improved rather than throwing the towel in

Or other people who are doing well. Success leaves clues!