Sign in to follow this  
sc s15

S13 Silvia Race Car. 2015 season finished.

If your going to use the 3071 make sure it's the full gt30 trim

The t3 external gate 60mm trim has got to be the most responsive turbo for it's power output I have ever come across and it does it so easily

.. I've read plenty of good feedback on the Kinugawa, but usually only after just being recently dyno'd.

I've also read good things about them on the interweb but all those reviews are people running them on low boost figures so no one had really put them to the test yet

I would like to see how they handle big boost levels

Mase, yours is the t25 internal wastegate version isn't it? How do you find it? Decent response still?

It's such a hard choice, The GT3071r is probably better, but not sure if it's $700 better. All the dyno charts I can find seem to be very similar, but obviously they don't show how it actually drives.

The T2 56mm trim 3071 does not compare to the full gt30 version

Yes mine is the T2 version.The torque goes up at about 75 degrees on the dyno graph at 3300rpm onwards. I had the intercooler upside down under the rad support to shorten the piping.

I found it quite responsive. I did have to port the internal wastegate path to get some better boost control at 23psi but it worked well. You could spend the $700 change on an E85 setup though for an extra 30kw's. My 2000cc injectors and high mount china fuel rail were $720 delivered.

I would get the 60mm version if i got the gt30.

That's a good point mase. Are you going to run pump or drum e85?

Pump, the price difference is significant. I think i'll just try and stick to the one fuel distributor. I haven't put too much more thought into it though as the car is a while off being finished, let alone running on E85.

Haltech Have a fuel flex sensor it's f+*king awesome !!

It adjust the tune According to the ethonal content of the fuel

It allows us to push the tunes all the way to the limit off the fuel where as before we had Leave a leeway incase the fuel was low in ethonal

For example if tuning on e85 the car was tuned to e75 to give the engine some leeway in case of lower ethonal content from the pump

Where as Now with the flex sensor the ecu will make adjustments to the mapping in real time it allows us to really push the limits of the fuel with out needing to leave any leeway of lower ethonal content

Yeah I saw that fuel sensor thing, looks like it would be a good bit of gear. I'm not in the market for a new ECU though.

Ended up buying a TD06SL2-20g today. I guess I'll find out in a month or so whether it was the right or wrong choice.

A few goodies arrived today. 6Boost manifold, Tial gate and Kinugawa TD06sl2-20g.

Won't be installed and tuned until after the middle of November once the season is over.

20121016_162058.jpg

Loving this build man keep the footage coming! =)

Nice work! Thanks for posting the insert pics, will help me with mine. :thumbsup:

Car is coming along nicely! Loved the video on your first post, what a shame you missed the gear. Keep the updates coming!!

Thanks guys.

Simonster - If you're doing a similar thing with your shocks and need some pipe I have heaps left over that you can have.

I've been doing a little bit of shopping lately, just purchased an S15 cradle and some GKtech conversion bushings/subframe risers and weld in subframe reinforcement plates.

Also bought some Z32 rear knuckles - for those that don't know they're aluminium and reduce unsprung weight by about 2.5kg per side. They bolt straight on apart from having to change the coilovers to fork mount.

And some Nagisa Auto front roll center adapters, one of the few brands that actually correct the roll centers by extending the ball joint shank, not just moving the ball up.

Edited by sc s15

A little project I've been working on for the last couple of weeks, making a wing that actually resembles an aerofoil.

It has turned out pretty well, although if I did it again it would definitely turn out a bit better.

Almost finished, just need to make the endplates, paint it and drill the holes for attachment.

It's definitely going to be stong enough and it's around the same weight as the carbon fiber one I'm using now.

20121010_165039.jpg

20121026_151556.jpg

20121027_095952.jpg

20121027_100056.jpg

hotsauce, great finish on the curves, ready in time for next weekend dya reckon? - should be able to run less angle for the same DF level, less drag = win

Edited by scooby36

Yeah, definitely finished for QRDC next weekend. Hoping i'll be able to run a lot less angle than before.

Thats very cool indeed I'm guessing you've done some sheet work prior to this?

Yeah, I used to be a boilermaker so I have a fair amount of experience working with metal, not much with stuff this thin though. Anyone with half decent hand skills would have no problem making one though, apart from welding the uprights to the tube.

hey man, It is good to know there are other dudes out there tracking there cars!

I am keen to do a few races in my track 180sx also, next year is the year!

sweet ride mate!

What does it cost to run at these race meetings ?

are there different categories to enter in ?

I would almost bring my car up and do a few events up there next year !!

It looks great but why didn't you just do the lazy man thing and buy a $50 wing off boost if you wanted it like that? What is the internal structure made of? Ply?

Race meetings are about $200 for the day, not much more expensive than sprint days. I run in Outlaws sports and sedans, we basically have no rules, run whatever you want, modified however you want as long as it originally had doors...

Internal bits are made of ply, I figure it was good enough for planes for 50 years it should be good enough for me.

I was looking for a decent wing but all the ones I've seen that were under $1000 don't look like they're made to do anything, just for looks.

I've basically used a profile between the Kognition wing and APR gtc-500.

This has cost me under $100 to make so it's no big deal if it isn't perfect and I have to remake it, I guess we'll see how well it works this weekend.

Fair enough mate. The blades on some of the cheapy wings look a little similar to that which is why I asked. Great job on the fab skills. What are you going to make the end plates out of?

End plates are 2.6mm Aluminium. All mounted and ready to go, just need to paint it if I can be bothered.

Made it adjustable from 0 to about 18 degrees AOA.

20121029_164241.jpg

Thanks guys.

Simonster - If you're doing a similar thing with your shocks and need some pipe I have heaps left over that you can have.

I've been doing a little bit of shopping lately, just purchased an S15 cradle and some GKtech conversion bushings/subframe risers and weld in subframe reinforcement plates.

Also bought some Z32 rear knuckles - for those that don't know they're aluminium and reduce unsprung weight by about 2.5kg per side. They bolt straight on apart from having to change the coilovers to fork mount.

And some Nagisa Auto front roll center adapters, one of the few brands that actually correct the roll centers by extending the ball joint shank, not just moving the ball up.

Thanks for the offer!

That's good to know about the Z32 knuckles- all the little bits of weight reduction help!

The wing looks a decent shape- anything close to the GTC-300/500 should be reasonable. You may find the rivets will have a dramatic effect on aero- I gather you still have the template you used for the formers? It would be a lot more efficient if you we able to make it out of fibreglass ie use the formers like you have but lay some layers in fibreglass and dope it. I plan to do something very similar to mine.

Yeah the rivets aren't ideal. This wing is a bit of a prototype just to see how it turns out and how well it will work.

It should be fairly easy to remake it still using the same basic frame though if it doesn't work that well.

It would be great if I had the skills to make something like this http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1306900 , carbon fiber with a foam core. I don't think I'd have the patience for it and I suck at fiberglassing, at least I have some sort of idea with metals.

I couldn't open the link but yes foam core would be the ideal solution.

bump- Sam and I are racing both days this weekend in the Outlaws class at QR - on track from 8.30am on both days. So come out and say hi and watch us stick it to the v8s :D

Entry cost $20 for sat or $30 for sun. heaps more racing on sat so it doesnt really make sense

http://archive.awebe...TION_SET_TO.htm

Edited by scooby36

Thanks Cal.

Tried to finish getting the car ready for this weekend today.

Found that one of the CV shaft boots has split and grease is everywhere. Luckily the s15 subframe I bought came with the same 6 bolt shafts, so I'm just going to use one of those. If I can ever get the nut on the hub end off that is :(.

Also found out that the rubber stop that pushes on the brake light switch has broken, bodged that up for the weekend as well.

Maybe I should've looked at the car more than 2 days before the race meeting...

Sign in to follow this