Sign in to follow this  
Cooper

Boat people dont want help from Indonesians

If that is true

I'm f**king outraged

They shouldnt get any assistance period

If they can't make it on their own that's their problem

This country is a joke

the problem is, if they don't get assistance, a lot will resort to crime, or simply import their poverty to our country, creating some pretty f**ked up slums. they really just need to be sent back.

Well thats a given

90% of the credit card Internet fraud from S.A I see in my job is done by Sudanese people, I can only assume they are refugees

f**king scamming black *milkshakes*

lol at michael smiths coment at the end ( Australia can do more, f**k off)

great episode. ep1 just uploaded on http://www.sbs.com.au/goback/

best fb comments lol

"Ironic that Michael can't accept a 13 year old boy wanting to flee his war torn country after faking his death to avoid execution, yet when he is told he will be visiting he is absolutely shitting himself?"

i wonder if any of you have spent a day in the life of an asylum seeker, the fight for survival they go through on a daily basis, many from the day their born.

see its too easy to sit here and say F*k them, send them back, let them drown etc when you'll prob never experience what they go through.

here's the problem, yes it's a hard stance, but it's a necessary stance. it sucks that there are people living in those situations, yes it does, if we could viably destroy poverty and dangerous living situations would we? yes obviously. the problem is, we can't take them all, so we have to be very picky who we take in, which is why we have official avenues for this stuff. should we open our borders and let everyone who can get on a boat and reach our shores to live in our country? do you honestly believe we have the infrastructure, economy, resources or social strength to deal with that influx? if you say yes you are a retard and we may as well finish this right now, we would basically adopt all their poverty and social issues, if you say no, then tell me other than to have an official process, how do we regulate how people come into our borders? is it as simple as, if you have the money to pay a human trafficker to get you across then you should be allowed in our country, ie boat people? that hardly seems a fair, consistent, or safe way about it. so give us your solution.

If your solution is to simply allow more people in through the official process, well that doesn't stop boat people, while there is anything less than a free ticket to Australia, there will always be people who want to skip the process and will do it at any cost. So i want to know how we are meant to deal with these boat people? do we just accept every person on a boat, and display a message to others that if you want to skip the official process and just come here on a boat, then no worries, we will open you with open arms, please flood our cities with absolutely no restriction, create neighbourhoods that completely segregate themselves from the rest of the country except for the reliance of resources from our government. their integration is already so shit as it is, can you imagine if these people came in even higher numbers with even less incentive to integrate as their secluded communities increase in scale?

the solution is to do as much for these people as we can, IN THEIR COUNTRY. as a country we already do a lot for them, however that seems to go completely unnoticed as soon as we try to stop some line-jumpers from illegally arriving on our shores.

Australia is one of the least popular destinations for assylum seekers. Furthermore, the number of Assylum seekers that Australia takes in is relatively small in comparison to other countries, take the UK or US for examle. The topic regarding 'boat people' is misunderstood however. You should take note that the majority of assylum seekers come by air and not boat, yet the political debate only focuses on 'boat people'. Assylum seekers are not illegal. It is not illegal to seek assylum. The majority of people that come by boat do so because they are stateless and are not able to obtain visas to come to Australia, therefore they come by boat and claim asylum. Iraqis and Afghanis are amongst the top 3 people that arrive by boat, so do you not find it ironic that Australia should be closing the door to them when you take into consideration the role Australia played in the invasion of these two countries and is partly responsible for the situation they are in?

We should accept that war and persecution is a part of today's world instead of instead of fearing. We are a wealthy country on the global scale and are able to assist these people. In my opinion assylum seekers is a fairly minor issue, it is just our media that has decided to blow it up into this huge topic. There are more important things to focus on than Assylum seekers should have place in our society as they do in many parts of the world. Are they seriously affecting your daily life that much??

Many of seem to be misinformed regarding the topic and i recommend you delve into the topic further with an open mind.

i wonder if any of you have spent a day in the life of an asylum seeker, the fight for survival they go through on a daily basis, many from the day their born.

see its too easy to sit here and say F*k them, send them back, let them drown etc when you'll prob never experience what they go through.

here's the problem, yes it's a hard stance, but it's a necessary stance. it sucks that there are people living in those situations, yes it does, if we could viably destroy poverty and dangerous living situations would we? yes obviously. the problem is, we can't take them all, so we have to be very picky who we take in, which is why we have official avenues for this stuff. should we open our borders and let everyone who can get on a boat and reach our shores to live in our country? do you honestly believe we have the infrastructure, economy, resources or social strength to deal with that influx? if you say yes you are a retard and we may as well finish this right now, we would basically adopt all their poverty and social issues, if you say no, then tell me other than to have an official process, how do we regulate how people come into our borders? is it as simple as, if you have the money to pay a human trafficker to get you across then you should be allowed in our country, ie boat people? that hardly seems a fair, consistent, or safe way about it. so give us your solution.

If your solution is to simply allow more people in through the official process, well that doesn't stop boat people, while there is anything less than a free ticket to Australia, there will always be people who want to skip the process and will do it at any cost. So i want to know how we are meant to deal with these boat people? do we just accept every person on a boat, and display a message to others that if you want to skip the official process and just come here on a boat, then no worries, we will open you with open arms, please flood our cities with absolutely no restriction, create neighbourhoods that completely segregate themselves from the rest of the country except for the reliance of resources from our government. their integration is already so shit as it is, can you imagine if these people came in even higher numbers with even less incentive to integrate as their secluded communities increase in scale?

the solution is to do as much for these people as we can, IN THEIR COUNTRY. as a country we already do a lot for them, however that seems to go completely unnoticed as soon as we try to stop some line-jumpers from illegally arriving on our shores.

Australia is one of the least popular destinations for assylum seekers. Furthermore, the number of Assylum seekers that Australia takes in is relatively small in comparison to other countries, take the UK or US for examle. The topic regarding 'boat people' is misunderstood however. You should take note that the majority of assylum seekers come by air and not boat, yet the political debate only focuses on 'boat people'. Assylum seekers are not illegal. It is not illegal to seek assylum. The majority of people that come by boat do so because they are stateless and are not able to obtain visas to come to Australia, therefore they come by boat and claim asylum. Iraqis and Afghanis are amongst the top 3 people that arrive by boat, so do you not find it ironic that Australia should be closing the door to them when you take into consideration the role Australia played in the invasion of these two countries and is partly responsible for the situation they are in?

We should accept that war and persecution is a part of today's world instead of instead of fearing. We are a wealthy country on the global scale and are able to assist these people. In my opinion assylum seekers is a fairly minor issue, it is just our media that has decided to blow it up into this huge topic. There are more important things to focus on than Assylum seekers should have place in our society as they do in many parts of the world. Are they seriously affecting your daily life that much??

Many of seem to be misinformed regarding the topic and i recommend you delve into the topic further with an open mind.

And yet none of this has any relevance to my argument nor have you attempted to answer my questions. Typical hippy approach to any serious topic, reply with poetic statements about the present but make absolutely no attempt to create a feasible solution.

Before you say it, "helping them" isn't a solution, it's a broad statement with absolutely no useable information to it.

Deal directly with my argument, or don't bother replying, i have no interested in people trying to argue with me with statements that don't relate to the specific argument at hand. I don't care if we don't let many of them in, i don't care if the media exaggerates our perception of them, that has nothing to do with the arguments i posted, so why even both quoting my post. Tell me, what is your solution?

Edited by nisskid

I reccomend you f**king go to some of the mini afghan citys they are setting up around this country, its total f**king bullshit. I'm all for people bettering their life but stats dont f**king lie, over half of the crime in Victoria is from Afghans and the like.

I have not got a problem with just boat people, f**k if they are comming over by plane i want to know about it.Look, its not that we shouldnt help them or whatever, its just the fact that this country will be over run by these f**ked up *milkshakes*. I want my children, and my grand children to have the quality of life i had growing up. The quality that my great grand dad fought and died for. I dont want them growing up with mini slums set up around the country, full communitys of these people that have NO english writing on most shops.

So by all means, give them money, set them up somwhere else. NOT HERE.

Its just f**king shit.

Edited by INMATE

One more bleeding heart preaching the pitiful emotional argument.

You have done nothing to address the fact that the majority of these people are not genuine refugees and have no desire to assimilate or even work.

Nobody in this thread has expressed disagreement with useful and productive members of society coming to this country. The problem is that most of these people would not know what useful and productive was if the government was to hand them a "dole bludgers guide to priductivity" with every welfare cheque.

here's the problem, yes it's a hard stance, but it's a necessary stance. it sucks that there are people living in those situations, yes it does, if we could viably destroy poverty and dangerous living situations would we? yes obviously. the problem is, we can't take them all, so we have to be very picky who we take in, which is why we have official avenues for this stuff.

As i said before, most of the people that arrive by boat are stateless, or have not been granted refugee status, meaning that they can't follow 'official avenues'. Nonetheless, this does not mean that that they are not under threat. Why is it a necessary stance? We do not have to take all of them, but we shouldn't refuse them entry either. We as a country are more than capable of taking on refugees. Shit, since the 1940 i think we have taken on over 700,000 refugees. So why are you kicking up a stink now?

do you honestly believe we have the infrastructure, economy, resources or social strength to deal with that influx?
we are more than capable of handling a few thousand assylum. We aren't talking millions, mate.

we would basically adopt all their poverty and social issues, if you say no, then tell me other than to have an official process, how do we regulate how people come into our borders?

We wouldn't adopt all their poverty, and or social issues. You are over generalising. While there may be cases, i think the majority of them would have no trouble assimilating into society. If they have a genuine case for asylum, then let them in, within reason of course. This does not mean simply let every single person through

is it as simple as, if you have the money to pay a human trafficker to get you across then you should be allowed in our country, ie boat people? that hardly seems a fair, consistent, or safe way about it. so give us your solution.
see above, however, we shouldn't simply 'stop the boats'.

If your solution is to simply allow more people in through the official process, well that doesn't stop boat people, while there is anything less than a free ticket to Australia, there will always be people who want to skip the process and will do it at any cost. So i want to know how we are meant to deal with these boat people? do we just accept every person on a boat, and display a message to others that if you want to skip the official process and just come here on a boat,

As i said before, if they have a genuine case for assylum, then we should help them. Again, i stress that this does not mean simply letting everyone through.

then no worries, we will open you with open arms, please flood our cities with absolutely no restriction, create neighbourhoods that completely segregate themselves from the rest of the country except for the reliance of resources from our government. their integration is already so shit as it is, can you imagine if these people came in even higher numbers with even less incentive to integrate as their secluded communities increase in scale?

you seem to think that your opinions are facts.

the solution is to do as much for these people as we can, IN THEIR COUNTRY.

LOL! yes, lets try and help Afghanis and Iraqis in their war ravaged countries. Nice solution chief.

as a country we already do a lot for them, however that seems to go completely unnoticed as soon as we try to stop some line-jumpers from illegally arriving on our shores.

yeh, we do a lot for them. Like helping F**k their countries up and then having a whinge when they start coming to your doorstep. Nice mate, real nice.

I reccomend you f**king go to some of the mini afghan citys they are setting up around this country, its total f**king bullshit. I'm all for people bettering their life but stats dont f**king lie, over half of the crime in Victoria is from Afghans and the like.

I have not got a problem with just boat people, f**k if they are comming over by plane i want to know about it.Look, its not that we shouldnt help them or whatever, its just the fact that this country will be over run by these f**ked up *milkshakes*. I want my children, and my grand children to have the quality of life i had growing up. The quality that my great grand dad fought and died for. I dont want them growing up with mini slums set up around the country, full communitys of these people that have NO english writing on most shops.

Its just f**king shit.

Do you have a sook every time you go to china town?

over half of the crime in Victoria is from Afghans and the like.

I'm not sure of the facts but if you could lead me to some that would be great.

Way to over dramatise. 'Our country will beover run by these f**cked up *milkshakes'. What is the quality of life you had growing up? and how will your children bee affected?

Oh no, they have set up a few stores. God help us!

One more bleeding heart preaching the pitiful emotional argument.

You have done nothing to address the fact that the majority of these people are not genuine refugees and have no desire to assimilate or even work.

Nobody in this thread has expressed disagreement with useful and productive members of society coming to this country. The problem is that most of these people would not know what useful and productive was if the government was to hand them a "dole bludgers guide to priductivity" with every welfare cheque.

I think the majority of them want to assimilate and work. While they have not been classified as 'refugees', this does not mean that they aren't.

The problem is that most of these people would not know what useful and productive was if the government was to hand them a "dole bludgers guide to priductivity" with every welfare cheque.

That's your opinion mate. It wont be easy for them off the get go, but i think they will integrate just fine. I see it everyday.

Your just going off on a bleeding heart rant so im going to keep it brief compared to your Essay.

We have room and can accept some right? But you don't seem to understand that it doesn't stop there, if you don't make it near impossible for these people a few thousand a year turns into several-hundred-thousand a year.

We look to have it pretty sweet thanks to world/social media and it's no different to say for example having rich kids in a toy store and unfortunate kids outside looking through the glass.

If you think you can build your own toy store that lets everyone with a shady background from

A broken part of the world in then by all means find another island and sing coom by ya.

All that aside many have there own reasons why we feel we have enough already.

•They don't fit in well,

•They rarely want to work

•Many come over with arrogance and bitterness (refer constant riots/"FREE food strike")

•They breed like rabbits and clog up the schools/child care services that's all paid for by you fyi

•There religion is not tolerant of the one this country still recognises

•Crime is normal where they come from, they want what they see yet haven't worked for and commit crime to get it.

The more i think about it the more i just wanna tell you to f**k off, but your entitled to an opinion.

Mine is we already have too many, but I work with them most days so I see it first hand.

[name=vozdra' timestamp='1346201826' post='6687957]

I think the majority of them want to assimilate and work. While they have not been classified as 'refugees', this does not mean that they aren't.

I'd love to see your proof. Sounds like a load of bullshit from you bleeding heart. Would you work if the government would happily supply you with money?

I'm all for accepting a certain percentage of asylum seekers under the following conditions;

- A certain percentage of those accepted must do the jobs that most Australians think they are too good to do and that must be filled with foreigners flown in from other countries specifically to do the jobs. Give them to these asylum seekers and it goes back into the economy instead of heading back overseas with these workers to their families. If you aren't willing to do the jobs then tough shit you go back home.

- In Qld there is currently a 40,000+ skills shortage and well over 100,000 Australia wide, send them to school to learn to do these jobs (pending IQ/intelectual ability testing and what not), cheaper than having them sit on Government welfare and helps the economy.

- If you want to sit on Government welfare instead of attempting to get a job, then you do full time unpaid work for the Government, don't want to do that then no money.

I used to have a bleeding heart attitude and want to let them all in until i actually did some reading and formed my own opinions. I have the same opinion of Australians that don't want to work and sit on the dole.

I also think that the refugee visas should be very conditional, if you break the law you go home, don't want to work you go home etc. etc.

Its just f**king shit.

I guess the Aboriginals said the same thing...

get over the fact about keeping aus the way it is...500 years from now australian race will prob not even exist

[name=vozdra' timestamp='1346201826' post='6687957]

I'd love to see your proof. Sounds like a load of bullshit from you bleeding heart. Would you work if the government would happily supply you with money?

I would work personally. I have seen time and time again people assimilate successfully. I think it doesn't help their cause with the amount of racist Australians that never give these people a go due to the amount of main stream media that has been shoved down their throat. I think some of you still live in a world where you think the white Australia policy is in place.

I don't have a bleeding heart but i do feel for these people, in particular Afghanis and Iraqis due to reasons i explained above.

I agree with the fact that they should not simply be on the dole and content with that. I never said that. I'm all for them assimilating into our community and not isolating themselves. I don't however paint it out to be a black and white case as some of you like to think it is.

I have the same opinion of Australians that don't want to work and sit on the dole.

I also think that the refugee visas should be very conditional, if you break the law you go home, don't want to work you go home etc. etc.

I agree with everything you said, In particular the 2 paragraphs iv left in your quote. + 100

I want my children, and my grand children to have the quality of life i had growing up. The quality that my great grand dad fought and died for. I dont want them growing up with mini slums set up around the country, full communitys of these people that have NO english writing on most shops.

Its just f**king shit.

I agree with this 100%.

In the end i would love if we were able to help everybody who was displaced by war, famine etc. but it is simply not economically feasible especially when the statistics say that over 60% of them are still relying on Government assistance after 5 years.

I don't doubt that anybody in this thread would want to accommodate people if we actually could, but we're talking entire countries of people that would want in.

You have to draw a line somewhere.

Couple that with people being a little over there "I'm coming anyway" approach followed by the "if you wont let me in I'll kick up a stink" attitudes, I'd say a lot of us are just purely over there shitty mentality and outlook.

Edited by brent47

I don't doubt that anybody in this thread would want to accommodate people if we actually could, but we're talking entire countries of people that would want in.

You have to draw a line somewhere.

Couple that with people being a little over there "I'm coming anyway" approach followed by the "if you wont let me in I'll kick up a stink" attitudes, I'd say a lot of us are just purely over there shitty mentality and outlook.

Maybe our politicians should have though about that before they agreed to help destroy some of these countries.

That's a very uneducated excuse and given that's all you could pick out since your last rant your back footing.

None of us really understand the ins and outs of world politics well enough to comment, but i will say that even if there were drugs/oil/money behind it they are purely side affects.

Dictators have fallen, people liberated and alot of help has also been given.

All aside, before any interference they still had a much lower quality of life compared to modernised societies.

If white Australia wasn't formed, the indigineous Australians would still be chasing food barefoot with a spear, poor example I know... But the countries your referring to would be doing what they were before any western nations presence.

That's a very uneducated excuse and given that's all you could pick out since your last rant your back footing.

None of us really understand the ins and outs of world politics well enough to comment, but i will say that even if there were drugs/oil/money behind it they are purely side affects.

Dictators have fallen, people liberated and alot of help has also been given.

All aside, before any interference they still had a much lower quality of life compared to modernised societies.

If white Australia wasn't formed, the indigineous Australians would still be chasing food barefoot with a spear, poor example I know... But the countries your referring to would be doing what they were before any western nations presence.

WOW! I don't even know where to begin. The ignorance of your post is baffling.

I'm all ears mate, so far you're the one that has lacked more and more substance in your posts as the thread has gone on.

Don't bother blaming the government solely for driving people from 3rd world countries though, it's such a cop out. This is much bigger than just the Australian government (that still runs a country and provides the rights you obviously love enough to stay here)

Address the world stage or stfu.

Edited by brent47

Bingo, sheltered cultures that stick to themselves don't promote progress as they don't share ideas between each other. so...

Is completely correct.

More so we've gone through a lot in the 300 year development of our country most noticeably our "tradition" (therefore culture) of the Anzac spirit which was achieved through sacrifice and suffering. People who haven't been brought up to understand this concept (along with others that we Australians enjoy) don't understand it and as such assimilation is near impossible as they don't (perhaps can't) respect things/society/community the way we do because of our history. Stewy implied this with all they have is crime and that's all they can offer.

Edited by TheApothecary

I'm all ears mate, so far you're the one that has lacked more and more substance in your posts as the thread has gone on.

Don't bother blaming the government solely for driving people from 3rd world countries though, it's such a cop out. This is much bigger than just the Australian government (that still runs a country and provides the rights you obviously love enough to stay here)

Address the world stage or stfu.

Look mate, I'm all for a good debate but it's clear from some of the things you have written that you are not willing to look at some things objectively. I am worried by some of your 'big' points e.g 'Dictators have fallen, people liberated and a lot of help has also been given' and your misunderstanding of some aspects. I don't have the time or energy to try and debate it with you as it would take up too much of my time. I don't claim to know everything but i am willing to look at these aspects as objectively as i can.

Bingo, sheltered cultures that stick to themselves don't promote progress as they don't share ideas between each other. so...

Is completely correct.

More so we've gone through a lot in the 300 year development of our country most noticeably our "tradition" (therefore culture) of the Anzac spirit which was achieved through sacrifice and suffering. People who haven't been brought up to understand this concept (along with others that we Australians enjoy) don't understand it and as such assimilation is near impossible as they don't (perhaps can't) respect things/society/community the way we do because of our history. Stewy implied this with all they have is crime and that's all they can offer.

And if indigenous Australians chose to still be chasing barefoot with a spear, why would that be a bad thing? This country isn't simply about the 'ANZAC' spirit. Immigrants have played a major role in turning this country into what it is today, like it or not.

Just because people don't live according to the values you have does not mean they are living incorrectly.

Is completely correct.

And if indigenous Australians chose to still be chasing barefoot with a spear, why would that be a bad thing? This country isn't simply about the 'ANZAC' spirit. Immigrants have played a major role in turning this country into what it is today, like it or not.

Just because people don't live according to the values you have does not mean they are living incorrectly.

There is a difference between immigrants that come through the proper channels and illegal asylum seekers. To get a visa to live here via the the legal channels you need to have skills and/or be a student. THESE people are the ones who actually contribute to our country, not the ones who come here and refuse to assimilate, and live off government welfare, which is the MAJORITY of them. Statistics do not lie.