Sign in to follow this  
Red_Gem

New Classifieds

Please dont tell me it's staying like that. There is all sorts of junk and you can't even select page 2 on any of the pages.

We have only just implemented it and will be making a heap of changes over the next week

The Bottom Line

Forums are getting quiter accross the board due to the advent of social media such as facebook.

Platinum / Regular members who contribute and have a "voice" on the forums actually only equate to less than 5% of the total hits on the site.

Of the 500,000+ people that visit the site monthly, there aren't that many that contribute.

Most people that visit the site would only come back every week or month.

Parts forums do not appeal to this wider general browsing audience, it worked if the site was just a one make site, but i want a centralized classifieds that spans all sites in the hardtuned network.

Right Now?

Yes, i realise the new classifieds are broken...

i will be working flat out so that they are better and easier to search and use over the next week.

i liked the other one better :lol:

it was much easier and not too confusing

most of the time I just get an error with a reference to boostcruising, loz having a laugh?

I can't even see them. Every time I go to look at the classifieds I'm given some site message telling me to login.

So so disappointing. Now we will need to dig through hundreds of pages of commodore stockies and truck turbos to get to anything of interest.

works fine for me

For some reason it works fine for me on hardtuned.net, but not nissansilvia.com

Fatal error: Call to a member function css_inline() on a non-object in /home/websites/1/www.boostcruising.com/forums/sources/classes/class_display.php on line 1313

is all I get.

Haven't tried on my computer yet but the mobile version is sending me to a wierd login screen I've never seen but then when I go back to menu I'm already logged in.. :/

its not as easy to navigate as the old system, last night for some reason after I clicked on the classifieds, every ns.com page I opened loaded up the classifieds.

Loz sold nissansilvia.com/hardtuned.net to boost cruising. Twas a long time coming.

NO we have not sold hardtuned to boost cruising.

We have simply moved hosts to be in line with boost, and are intergrating some of their software to bring out members a better classifieds, and HELP members sell their parts by opening their adverts up to a wider audience.

The fact is that boost and hardtuned (stats wise) have always been alot bigger than the rest of the australian car forums .

By working together (from a technology perspective) it is the way forward if we are to compete with the big boys (ie. gumtree/ebay/carsales etc.)

none of the menu setups are working properly yet, and i will be churning them in the next couple of days.

we have ported all hardtuned classifieds this new classifieds setup and will be working hard at building it so that it works better than any classifieds we have had before.

I will be keeping the beloved parts forum though.

Moving forward i believe this is the best option, we are not looking for input or feedback at this time.

new features include :

A wider audience:
your adverts will be available to well over 1 million buyers nationally per month

bumping.... go in and bump your adverts!!!

(
http://classifieds.n...CP&CODE=selling
)

mobile phone tagging / fraud prevention

dynamic searching: try typing "
volk wheels melbourne
"
or "
silvia nsw
"

advanced catagories & metadata tagging

and more....

I like the old old for sale section, was way better then anything else.I guess things have to change, most people who are a member here are a member of boost too. theres fark all good for sale on that site anyway. Miss the NS.com old days.

^^ Thats only qld members your talking about. it's different in other states.

the old old classifieds were simply a forum.

they were shit and only good for people who refreshed the site every hour and were scouting for bargains..

(to which there is still the parts forum if people really desire it)

anyway.. not arguing about it, it's done and we are moving forward... !

LOL. Nothing more to say.

NO we have not sold hardtuned to boost cruising.

Haha. Only stirring the pot. Let's hope the wider audience is gonna sell my Sprinter....

shits junk should have just left it with putting the old parts section back up

I've always hated boost for sale section and avoided using it, I would advertise everywhere but there :(

And now I'm stuck with it and I can only see the first page (won't open the second page) and when I try to access the forum sales section it takes me to the same place fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu

Sorry loz, hopefully it gets up and running correctly

any eta on when its going be running? tried three different computer and my phone and still cant get onto it... just get that same error message?

Spotman go to boostcruising.com you can be disappointed from there also.

I'm still stuck on the first page still, there's 5 comodores, a supercharged vn and what appears to look like a god damn 202 red motor...... Do I dare click on the pic and confirm this is real life :D

Loz can you create an option so NS members can choose to block anything they don't want to see? You've created a Facebook 'like', the option to follow threads, etc why not give us some true options and let US choose what we do and don't want to see?

Fairly well known that BC is heavily QLD based. Great for the QLD NS members. Shame about the rest of aus

Now CJ motor accessories can annoy a whole different customer base with their spamming

i brought every part for my car, including the shell on the parts forum and old 'new classifieds' everyone i brought from was happy to help me out as i was fellow ns member and also knew what they were talking about....

Dont really see this new boostcruising thingo being the same and as humble..

Altho Loz did i see you said the ns classifieds and still going to stay here as well as this?

You "tried to improve" the classifieds last time and it ended in everyone wanting it back to how it used to be. Now you've gone and "tried to improve" the classifieds again and it's just as bad, if not worse. I know I for one am not pleased with the new layout.

Change is not always for the better.

Spotman go to boostcruising.com you can be disappointed from there also.

I'm still stuck on the first page still, there's 5 comodores, a supercharged vn and what appears to look like a god damn 202 red motor...... Do I dare click on the pic and confirm this is real life biggrin.png

Oh yay. We have to go through 40 pages of commodore parts to find somthing we need that is most likely stolen or busted.

i brought every part for my car, including the shell on the parts forum and old 'new classifieds' everyone i brought from was happy to help me out as i was fellow ns member and also knew what they were talking about....

Dont really see this new boostcruising thingo being the same and as humble..

Altho Loz did i see you said the ns classifieds and still going to stay here as well as this?

I'm the same, i built my 180 ground up from the old forum style for sale section. I loved it, was quick and easy. I think most older members would prefer the forum style. Maybe if we all just used the normal forum style classifieds that Loz has left, as long as we are all in the know and use it.

This is retarded, you can actually buy from NS and get things posted and be fairly confident they'll turn up, it's not the same on boost, heaps of scammers and time wasters. It's going to be all about the swaps for fishtanks and vl bonnets.

Since the part forum has been back i've sold 10+ things from the forum, when there was the eBay style listings I sold nothing over 2 months from here. (same items)

The parts forum actually works, comes down to the old saying: if it isnt broken don't fix it

If I wanted to view boost classifieds guess what, i'd go to boost!