Sign in to follow this  
TheDave

I'm putting my big boy pants on. Who wants design discounts?

After a lot of time and effort, I've finally got my design website live. I'm just chucking it up here mainly to get some feedback from you guys, but if anyone needs work done or knows of someone who does, then I'll give 30% off to anyone who says they're from ns. If I'm not allowed to put this up due to some heavy regulations from the Board of Important Stuff, feel free to delete it.

http://briefport.com

Anyway let me know what you guys think

Cheeeers!

The site looks and functions well IMO. Are you planning on putting some samples of your work linked to the current client's page?

The site looks and functions well IMO. Are you planning on putting some samples of your work linked to the current client's page?

He's got to do some first :D

Good luck with the site mate! looks pretty schmick!

a couple of things bro..

on the main page, the 'what we do, our work, and get a quote' description things under the main buttons are a bit hard to see..

also, this

North Shore Graphic Design For Your Small Business

needs to maybe be bold or something?? it seems a bit thin and i just noticed my eyes straining a bit when looking at it..

otherwise looks good brosef, if i had a business i'd get you to make me some sweet business cards..

maybe just make me a set of these

tumblr_ljym399sKt1qf2x5co1_500.jpg

neil_se: Yep I'll be putting up samples very shortly. :-)

Kez180: haha, I do have previous client's work to put up soon. The "first 5" is for the new business, Briefport.

Pete: thanks man! I'll be in touch when I need some bushes for my hairdresser mobile. And a front lip..

richiez1983: For sure, keep me in mind mate!

harris.: thanks for the feedback man, I'll look into changing those a bit.

Edited by TheDave

tumblr_ljym399sKt1qf2x5co1_500.jpg

Hahaha, analyst+ therapist = analrapist. God I love Arrested Development.

Anyway, on topic, the website looks great mate!

got msn / gtalk / skype?

Yep feel free to add me to skype: briefport

You may not want my advice / constructive critisism but I will give it, bare in mind its been years since I have activley done web design, but I am currently studying visual communication at design college australia so I will note some things you might want to look into.

- The website as it stands visually, looks very much like a letterpress cut/paste job. (thats not actually a bad thing, lots of letterpress sites look good) but still has that generic feel to it!?!?!

- Might want to ramp up the quality on the background image, as it is, very pixelated and comes across lack luster.

- On your home page, with the rotating images, something that sticks out is the contrast in type faces, for the business cards image you have a nice sophisticated looking transitional serif typeface, then on the next two images you have a very bold linial typeface, yet one image has it in italics and the other does not, so thats 3 variations of type scrolling infront of you, id suggest trying for some unity between them.

- On the services/client/contact page, you have the lines in italics, (north shore...) and (click on a product..) etc, it comes across a little bland, I would suggest turning those lines into a graphic with a bit of style and unity across the board, that way you have control over the kerning as well.

and just a question about the business cards, what GSM will you be using, and will you be doing it in house or farmed out? having access to a letter press and being able to have a point of difference with the business cards will do wonders for you e.g being able to use say spot colours or foils etc with impressions, adding a level of texture and depth to a business card screams quality over a lot of the cheap crap that is going around these days.

The previous logos look pretty nice, something to look into more is the kerning i mentioned before.

Hope that helps a little, which is all I am trying to do, help. :) Best of luck, from another Dave.

Edited by koguchi

Koguchi: Thanks a lot for putting in time to actually give solid feedback man, much appreciated. I've sent you a PM

The site looks and functions well IMO.

aple.jpg

orange.jpg

^^^ What's with this guy repeating stuff someone said. Did it to me in my for sale... Post count for spam?

Oh and site looks good, just need to sort out that empty portfolio. Pricing is great!

The site looks and functions well IMO.

aple.jpg

orange.jpg

^^^ What's with this guy repeating stuff someone said. Did it to me in my for sale... Post count for spam?

Funny if he's attempting to get his post count up, seeing as it doesn't count in Off Topic lol

Just thought I'd let you guys know that for the next 2 weeks or so I can get 1000 business cards done for the same price as 500, if anyone's interested. Not sure exactly how long for but definitely 2 weeks atleast. If you do, email me through my website and just let me know you're from ns.com so i don't charge you normal price :shades:

Looking to get some designs done for our drift group?

That something you can help us with?

Just a few different logo styles that we can use with stickers and clothing, etc.