Sign in to follow this  
EVOLVEDGSR

My 180sx....s14a front

Hi guys im Nate been following NS for ages done a few cruzes in my CC GSR "EVOLVED' some of u may have seen it around Adelaide, anyways jus thought id throw up a few pics of my latest project that i finished before i moved over to the UK.

Im a qualified Autobody repairer, been in the automotive trade for about 12 years, involving crash work, restoration, race and classic cars...currently living in the uk building race, custom and protoytypes.

http://www.roachmanufacturing.co.uk/

Bought the 180 from melb with a s14 series 2 engine and gearbox already in it running a microtech LS10, and decent retrimmed interior.

Started out as a full rice boy as you can see from the pics, and i decided to tidy it up a bit and give it a quick respay...sort of got carried away!

Being very fussy i was not keen on a fiberglass front end with all the problems associated with poor fitting panels so i decided to do a steel s14 series 2 front, guards, bonnet and including radiator support. And i chose the aussie front because i wanted the saturn black lower front lip to go with my orange/black colour scheme, gave it a ford focus 'electric orange' re-spray with custom black xurellic pearl roof and matching r34 gtr wheels....has usal mods coils,exhaust,pod,ss manifold, walbro, s15 t28. Have 720cc incectors and a 2871r .86 sitting in a box at home ready to go on when i get back.

hope u guys likey!

post-62750-0-39630100-1338928448_thumb.jpg

post-62750-0-84261600-1338928460_thumb.jpg

post-62750-0-39592700-1338928498_thumb.jpg

post-62750-0-23851800-1338929335_thumb.jpg

man it was low before, i like it either way. S14a front looks pimp. Well done. Looks like it was meant to be.

Nice man. I dont usually like front end conversions but this looks really good. Well done!!

neat conversion

but the side inicator looks too high and a bit wierd, would have looked nicer without it

Personally not a fan of the ADM bar, but I recon even a black JDM honeycomb grill will suit it alot better

Would like it to be fair lower but 25mm spacers on fronts cant go too low :( plus the bobbys aint too keen....not like it stands out or anything ha ha.

Thanks guys, i put a fair bit time making sure all gaps were mint, as good or better than factory and oxy welded front guards and filed them up also took 15mm of the whole lip to give me a bit more room under the arches and pumped them about 35mm. With the GTRs and 25mm spacer they sit right on the edge...lucky guess!

Making it look like factory was exactly wat i was after it went over ID check at regency (without coils+rims)

They were jap guards without indicators, i would have liked to leave them clean too but to pass over pits needed side marker. Its actually recessed through the feature line, to match the door handle and petrol cap, it sits flush to the body its a mitsubishi flasher.

Definately agree with the honeycomb grill :thumb: ......black!

Went with the US/AU bar cos i didnt think the sharp lines of the jap bar would match the rounder 180 body :thumbsup: if rear bar was changed too it mite have suited, its got type x pods+skirt on rear and nismo sideskirts.

And also having the black sonar headlights, black wheels, and roof i think the lip makes it.

wow you turned the most ugliest 180 into the nicest s14/180 !!

love the orange/black theme.

good stuff

Nice car mate, looking at doing the same conversion. Apart from the obvious (front bar, guards, bonnet and lights) what was needed to complete the swap and make it all fit?? Don't wanna jump into it completely blind.