Sign in to follow this  
The New Guy

Red goes faster 180SX UPDATE - 250kw, E85, Poncams

Reasonably gangster man, are they the same size front and rear?? What ECU do you have??

Reasonably gangster man, are they the same size front and rear?? What ECU do you have??

Needs lip and some skirt lol. Wheels are 9 front and 10 rear. Nistune.

Not much of an update on mods but I just bought myself a camera and took the car out for a drive up the hills and went past these beautiful trees and couldn't resist but stop and take a few shots.

180sx-autumn-leaves4-WEB_zpseb24c537.jpg

180sx-autumn-leaves2-WEB_zps16c83d68.jpg

180sx-autumn-leaves5-WEB_zps07192e39.jpg

180sxautumnleaves6WEB_zps0ffa913d.jpg

180sx-autumn-bw-web_zpsa3c2f03a.jpg

Sonny :D

man that looks good. type x tail lights asap!

Tail lights are on the card mate, just no cash hahaha.

Sick photos man!!!

Thanks mate. Love those rims on your green machine.

How'd you go with the E85 setup?

Just a small update on the car.

I've always liked big brakes on cars, and it was the intention to put some bigger brakes when I converted the car to 5 stud pattern last year. So while AP Racing was too expensive, I had a look at going Wilwood but, then these Brembo from an Evo 8 popped up so I bought it. Now the fun parts begin hehe.

The plan is to pair the Brembo with R33 GTS-T 2 pot rear. See how we go, but here's some pics.

IMG_2061_zps9cc6fcc4.jpg

IMG_2062_zps9f9f7552.jpg

Some how the Evo Brembo all seems to be off colored when they get old, but hopefully some paint will make it look like new.

sick car man! needs the rest of the typex kit and maybe some more camber!

There's a set of cheap rear 33 gtst brakes with hand break cables on driftsales, voyz180 I think on here, Peter voy something.

Yeah it really do nêed the type X kit but finding one for a tight ass price is kinda hard :P

There's a set of cheap rear 33 gtst brakes with hand break cables on driftsales, voyz180 I think on here, Peter voy something.

Thanks for the heads up man, but I already bought the GTST brakes off this guy from ebay so hopefully it will arrive next wêek. It cost me $250 for the whole rear brake kit but it will nêed reconditioning just to be safe though.

Yeah it really do nêed the type X kit but finding one for a tight ass price is kinda hard :P

Thanks for the heads up man :thumb: , but I already bought the GTST brakes off this guy from ebay so hopefully it will arrive next wêek. It cost me $250 for the whole rear brake kit but it will nêed reconditioning just to be safe though.

R33 brake arrived woohoo :)

Rotors looks like DBA or RDA slotted and plenty of pads left so I might just use what's there.

IMG_2064_zps9fff99e1.jpg

Plenty of pads left. Still yet to check what brand they are though.

IMG_2065_zpsd10d51dc.jpg

Did some sanding on the rear calipers today so it could be painted.

IMG_2124_zpsfe364f0a.jpg

This will be the rotors that will go onto the car.

IMG_2132_zpsa42be30b.jpg

Blue and red combo looks kinda interesting lol

IMG_2133_zps19e76be5.jpg

My HFM BM57 BMC to go with the whole conversion. See how it will hold up.

IMG_2134_zps84705b8d.jpg

So the only thing left now is to wait for my Brembo adapters and braided lines to arrive. Should be interesting :)

That ass needs type x lights and rear pods

Edit : and side skirts

U won't see much of that blue center hub on the disc once the wheels are fitted over it

Just wondering what disc are they anyways?

Very clean street car tho

Nice work

I throught it would of made more on e85 tho

Normally see a 2871 make those sort of power levels on 98 octane so I would think it has plenty more left in it on e85

That ass needs type x lights and rear pods

Edit : and side skirts

U won't see much of that blue center hub on the disc once the wheels are fitted over it

Just wondering what disc are they anyways?

Very clean street car tho

Nice work

I throught it would of made more on e85 tho

Normally see a 2871 make those sort of power levels on 98 octane so I would think it has plenty more left in it on e85

I've been looking for some Type X exterior parts for a while now, but nothing seems to pop up anymore or I'm not looking hard enough :)

The disc brand is ProConcept.

I was under the same impression that it would make more power on e85 also with that setup, but I had issues with boost spiking and tapering which the tuner suggests might be due to me using Turbotech bleed valve so after the brakes are done I will be looking up at replacing the boost controller with an EBC and replace the wastegate actuator with a higher psi rating, then go for a re-tune. I might wind it up to 20psi because at the moment it taper off to about 17psi at higher rev range.

This is just an update so I can keep track of things later down the track.

Lines for the brake setup arrived today

S13 front and R33 rear braided lines from HEL

lines2_zps2648e5a2.jpg

lines_zps531fb59b.jpg

Also BIG thanks to Jesse Streeter for getting me the Type X lights.

TypeXlights2_zps9b8952b9.jpg

TypeXlights_zps4c2bcc20.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note currently driving my brothers' EVO 6.5 around ( Bloody hell Evos are so damn easy to drive near the limits) since my Tein SS decided to shit itself a few weeks ago.

6478d277-811c-4a3a-93a2-29f7c30e4cb4_zpsecdee2c9.jpg

As for the suspension f**king up, I decided to go with MCA Blue series so lets see how they perform if I ever find time to put them on LOL. Free time don't come easy when you have so much shit to juggle hahahaha.

I'm quite excited about how these will perform once fitted. Just to show how excited I am I took a shitload of pictures :hypo:

MCAcoilover-2_zps50d0d6fa.jpg

MCAcoilover-3_zpse7f630f0.jpg

MCAcoilover-5_zps77820956.jpg

MCAcoilover-9_zps94da9333.jpg

MCAcoilover-10_zps0c4ace9b.jpg

The MCA Blues look good interesting to see how they go. We just ordered a set for a friends 180 also.

The MCA Blues look good interesting to see how they go. We just ordered a set for a friends 180 also.

Give me some feedback on the blue when your friend puts them on the car, so I can take notes and compare settings if you can :)

Finally worked on the brakes yesterday afternoon and got the front on first, it was quite simple to do, then I moved to the rear which proves a bit of a pain in the ass but it was getting dark so I'll do them later.

Anyway here are some progress shots :)

Quite a big difference in size between the Evo rotor and the Nissan.

IMG_3832_zps94345923.jpg

Here I have to trim off some of the dust shield for the rotors to fit.

IMG_3833_zps4abedb98.jpg

Test fitting

IMG_3834_zpsaa7070a4.jpg

Looks quite nice hehehe

IMG_3836_zps00fb0176.jpg

Anyway the front was easy but I know the rear will be a lot harder to do.

• Upvote 1

The rears are finally in, they took a bit longer to work on than I had hoped for but good thing i had help from my younger brother with bleeding the brakes. I love how these fill up the rims on the rear, Nissan should have done this at the start instead of the tiny ones that came with all Silvia.

IMG_1896_zps7814657e.jpg

Also fitted the MCA suspension as well, and took the car for a quick spin around the block and instantly it's better than the Teins SS. It feels comfortable but planted, but it's just a quick initial report on these. Will need a bit more time to see how these really perform.

IMG_1895_zpsa79eb546.jpg

Well nothing much had happened since my last update beside enjoying the car for the last year as a daily car. But a couple of weeks ago my luck finally ran out when I was buying some things at Bunnings Nunawading when I was leaving I notice a white Holden driving up pretty fast, and my instinct was correct that it was indeed a highway patrol car.

I got defected for too low, too loud, rims too wide and full RWC plus a nice chubby fine to start my day :)

I had a week to think of what I want to do to the car and figured I'm getting too old to be defected by the cops and didn't want to donate my money to Vicroads anymore. So I decided to de-register the car which is quite sad really considering I had enjoyed it for 11 years on the streets but now I can actually focus on my driving skills instead with a track car.

The plan now strip the interior, maybe sell the Works wheels, Get a weld-in cage, and some more cooling aids, power will remain the same hopefully it can last a bit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are a list of thing that I'm thinking of changing to the car:

- Strip the damn interior

- Put a cage in there

- Get rid the R33 GTR seats

- Get a bucket but dunno which brand yet

- Add some gauges to monitor the car

- Get a Koyo radiator

- Get a Oil cooler

- Change the water pump

- Buy a BIG ass wing

- Maybe sell the Works Meisters as I don't know it this will be any good for track work (not serious just some fun)

- And a new diff for now.

Feel free to add any suggestions fellas as I pretty much know bugger all about making this stuff all work as a track car :)