Sign in to follow this  
sleepr

Fortune 500 Coilovers

Anyone using these Fortune 500 series coilovers for daily duties and minor spirited driving? They seem above average for a Taiwanese coilover. Opinions.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fortune-Auto-500-Series-Coilovers-Nissan-S15-Silvia-200sx-Authorised-Dealer-/221005900177?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3374fa6991#ht_1334wt_1166

junk coilovers, for the price of reasonably good jap coilovers (silkroads, depending on current market value) or proven cheep australian distributed items such as HSD hr's or BC's

Get Silkroads, can't beat them on bang for buck.

500 Series Features

• Digressive 50mm piston mono tube design (57mm case diameter), all others on the market use 44-47mm pistons and 50mm case diameters.
  • Custom valving is done to suit your car and your needs, whether it is for comfort, sport, or race applications.
  • All shocks are dyno tested before being sent to you which ensures all sets are matched to spec.
  • IP Synethic Shock oil for superior heat dissipation – 5w for most street applications and up to 10w for race.
  • Separate Nitrogen Chamber (floating) pressurized to 100-200psi depending on application and valving – This prevents cavitation in the shock oil.
  • USA made Shim stacks (5 shims usually used) depends on valving and application.
  • Double O-ringed piston housing lids. 2 o-rings are used in case of o ring failures. We also use high performance o rings that are designed to be used with synthetic oil in high temperature environments.
  • Floating ball nitrogen refill cap. This allows us to easily rebuild or revalve the coilover. Its also allows one to refill the nitrogen chamber with out taking apart the shock. This design is only found on fortune shocks.
  • Compression blow off valve. (for berms or rumble strips)
  • S45C Chrome Piston Rod.
  • 30-way adjustable dampers.
  • Pillowball mounts – Noise Free.
  • Forged aluminum locking collars.
  • Cold Forged aluminium bottom mounts.
  • Fortune Auto coilovers also offer a Swift spring upgrade. These are one of the most superior springs on the market with technologies others don’t have.

WHA-PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Or maybe you could bung em up and they'd be like

pigeon27edqr5.jpg

ok then thanks for the feedback........btw that's one plump pigeon

junk coilovers, for the price of reasonably good jap coilovers (silkroads, depending on current market value) or proven cheep australian distributed items such as HSD hr's or BC's

I'm assuming you haven't used them nor been in a car that has them; so what makes you say these are 'junk' coilovers?

I'm assuming you haven't used them nor been in a car that has them; so what makes you say these are 'junk' coilovers?

Not disputing anyone's reply as all feedback is appreciated and I have zero experience with this product,but I too am curious as to why they are junk or why their specs are bs? I know you get what you pay for at the "cheap" end of the market but sometimes paying a bit more doesn't always mean a better product at this end of the market.......does it?

Has anyone actually used them??

http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/showthread.php?39847-Phillb-Enterprises-Fortune-Auto-500-Series-Coilovers

http://www.phillbenterprises.com/

Philb has put a few sets in cars here in sydney ^^ he is the aus distributor

actually a good looking product. well made etc etc

i gone for a ride with them in a car and they feel fine but this is hardly a detailed shock graph / back to back race comparison

they will keep your car offf the ground

after plying with the adjustment they have noticable variations for the dampning whitch is nice unlike some of the tiwan crap ive put in cars.

seem to be a notch above some other stuff in similar price range, can get them valved to suit your requments too according to their website (apparently they come with a shock graph too whitch means that a shock graph was used at some point in their development whitch puts them 10,000+ above most china)

meh buy a set see hwo they go?

edit: read some more can be rebuilt in usa, and are valved / set up in USA so for the money probably alot better than similar shocks

edit edit: http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/mrp-ltd-manon-racing-products/72326-fortune-auto-coilovers-500-series-50mm-digressive-shock-technology.html

each set is graphed and tested for tolorance before shipping so QC looks good

edit edit edit: has japonease stretch bearings and seals so should be reliable too

Edited by Biggie

Give Phil a call. He is a well respected guy.

• Custom valving is done to suit your car and your needs, whether it is for comfort, sport, or race applications.
  • All shocks are dyno tested before being sent to you which ensures all sets are matched to spec.

These two points alone make them more atractive than any other similarly priced coilovers. I had my coilovers dyno tested at Heasmans (Bilstein dealer) a little while ago and it does provide some good information. Of course you should look into this a bit more to understand how 'customised' the Fortune 500 actually are but its a great starting point for a coilover of this price.

Thanks SRS13, def going to give Phil a call. Like I say not expecting anything groundbreaking but I am looking at options to the usual brands at this end of the market and these seem to stand out. Cheers.

http://forum.jdmstyl...eries-Coilovers

http://www.phillbenterprises.com/

Philb has put a few sets in cars here in sydney ^^ he is the aus distributor

actually a good looking product. well made etc etc

i gone for a ride with them in a car and they feel fine but this is hardly a detailed shock graph / back to back race comparison

they will keep your car offf the ground

after plying with the adjustment they have noticable variations for the dampning whitch is nice unlike some of the tiwan crap ive put in cars.

seem to be a notch above some other stuff in similar price range, can get them valved to suit your requments too according to their website (apparently they come with a shock graph too whitch means that a shock graph was used at some point in their development whitch puts them 10,000+ above most china)

meh buy a set see hwo they go?

edit: read some more can be rebuilt in usa, and are valved / set up in USA so for the money probably alot better than similar shocks

Thanks Biggie as those points you've made are correct.

Anyone using these Fortune 500 series coilovers for daily duties and minor spirited driving? They seem above average for a Taiwanese coilover. Opinions.

http://www.ebay.com....#ht_1334wt_1166

Hey Guys,

I am happy to answer any questions or queries you have in relation to this product.

The first reason as to why I became a distributor of Fortune Auto products was there build quality and there ability to stand behind there name.

Fortune Auto have a well recognised reputation in the US World Time Attack serious and Formula Drift.

I have most recently installed these in a couple of "S Chassis" cars and have been extremely happy with the ride and results to date.

Secondly, if you are building a car for a specific purpose i.e. Drift, Circuit or Drag. Fortune Auto can customise the set up to suit your application by:

• Swift springs upgrade available
  • Rebuild-able in the USA
  • Re-valveable in the USA
  • Manufactured in the USA

*Every Fortune Auto coilover is extensively dyno tested and matched within specifications to insure a consistent and uniform set of coilovers.

My goal is to provide quality parts and services at an affordable price and will be proving this by actually using my own products in my own cars.

Feel free to check out some of the video's on Vimeo to see what sort of R & D goes into these coilovers.

https://vimeo.com/fortuneauto

Or have a look at my Facebook page & FATBEN's S14 onevia which is also running Fortune Auto 500 Series Coilovers.

Cheers

Phillb

www.phillbenterprises.com

Edited by Phillb

They sound pretty cool...but I was fairly dissapointed when I clicked the eBay link and saw some pictures. Why do all these brands have to make a point of using the most out there f**king colors?! I don't want fluro coilovers ffs :(

yes I agree a plain black option would be the go

All the brands use color.. Cusco, HKS etc.. Etc..

My preference was to find a high quality product, regardless of color.

Coilovers are not something you look at everyday..

thought there made in taiwan or use to be?

edit:

They buy all the parts from watop and make them self

Edited by Just_About_Beaten

Hey Guys,

So I thought I would throw my 2c in on this convo about the Fortune Auto Coilovers.

I got a set off of Phill B back in January when I was swapping shells and decided to go coilovers, I thought for the price they looked good when compared to other brands as they have a bigger piston and the same features as anything else on the market.

Installation was simple with no issues.

Changing the height of the car is a breeze as they are base height adjustable, ive had to raise and lower the car a couple of times since installation and its been easy.

Ive also had to play the with the damper settings on both the front and rear due to dropping the car so low. Originally there was some slight scrubbing from the front and rear on the original damper settings (softest is the default setting).

So after a bit of mucking around with the dampers I have eliminated the scrubbing issues, and can actually feel the car sitting on the road harder when compared to the softest setting.

I had Teins in a previous car of mine and I like the ride of these a lot better, they handle hard bumps quite well and don’t send a massive jolt up your spine when you do inevitably hit a pothole, at the same time they are hard enough for the car not to scrub at its height.

Handling wise the car is awesome, almost no body roll and sticks to the road great.

All in all im extremely happy with them and would recommend them to anyone whose looking for an entry/mid level coilover for street/track use.

Hey people, just wondering if anyone has installed these coilovers since the last entry on this thread? If so what do you think of em?

Have you even read the above comments?

c'mon settle down.......I asked since last entry on the thread

Edited by sleepr

i have them in my s13 i think there great,i have had greddy type s,tein,g4 coilovers and these seen to ride like my greddy ones,i have the dampning set 4 clicks from soft and drifts fine at qr and archy

spring rates arnt as advertised they say 7kg front and 5 rear i think but i got 8f 6r,i dont give a shit though they work mean,its on a daily and ive done about 4000km on them