Sign in to follow this  
iiO

DRIFT SCHOOL 2012 - 29th April.

Next Drift School will be Sunday April 29th 2012

Drift School at Mallala Motorsport gives those new to drift the opportunity to learn from experienced G1 Drifters the art of drifting and the opportunity to drift the Mallala circuit and new skid pan.

Instructors will teach both the theory of drift and the practical side on track. They will cover lines, angles and car positioning. They will teach the art of tandem battles and personally give pointers of how you can improve your drift technique.

Spots fill quickly, so make sure you get your application in early...

Sounds like the perfect event for me wont get as much track time as matsuri but i will get help and advice on what to do so it will be better money spent.

anyone else planning on entering?

or has done it in previous years and thought it was helpful?

Link - http://www.mallala.c...s/other-events/

Edited by iiO

firstly, you get a stack of intense track time. last year was my first and i had a blast, learnt heaps and the help you get is totally worth it .

only mistake im not making this year is forgetting names as i felt bad for not thanking the trainers afterwards.

also setting car up alot better now so this one will be insane.

as of the 28th april i will be homeless and actually a queenslander but will definately stay for this before moving .

Awesome cheers for the review my forms are filled out gonna send them in on Monday. 29th of April will be the death of my car.

Tossing it up, looks pretty good. Will an LSD equipped sr20de go alright at mallala or should I not bother till I have some more horses?

Tossing it up, looks pretty good. Will an LSD equipped sr20de go alright at mallala or should I not bother till I have some more horses?

For what you're gonna be learning you'll be fine.

I did it about 3-4 yers ago in my RB30E 31, the only let down I had was the terrible stock handbrake.

Would be interesting to see who the instructors are!

I'm going in my sr20det s13 with nismo two way so I will probably have to much power.

Sending my entry in on my way to work I'm so keen.

Yeah I gotta sort my handbrake issue.

emailed in my application today.

there goes half my fortnights pay =/.

you'll being doing some tighter stuff on the skid span most of the day if its your 1st time, don't worry to much about trying to link the whole track and focus on learning what the car does when you drift

i might enter again this year if some friends do it, i really want to do the turn 4 hairpin the wrong way again, so much fun doing it :wub:

160 entry plus 25 day permit plus 10 on the day

So 195 for the day.

Think we get access to a garage for free.

Defs entering!

If my cars not done i will rock up with the stock 4k KE and a weldie lol

Kind of interested maybe not in this one but a future drift school but i am not sure if I / the car is suited.

I have one hand but two arms so i drive an auto. Its a 7mgte powered ma70, with tein HA's it will quite happily get sideways in the dry coming out of the corner if i throw it right. Although i have never tryed it i suppose i could remove the button from the handbreak, but i heard that its bad for the auto.

I have no intention of ever completing in drift, or getting a track car, i am just looking to increase my car skills and have some fun in a safe and legal environment.

And also this car is my pride and my daily, so i wouldnt be keen on rubbing panels in a tandem with someone else . ( i dont have any problems if i put it in a wall because i made a mistake, because that would be my fault).

Does it sound like this would be for me?

I dont think you'll be running any tandems in drift school?

Is this just a basic course? Or do you go into more technical stuff?

you can choose what you want to do really, last time skid pan was doing donuts and figure 8, i spent most of the day last time doing turn 1-2 and the esses then at the end of the day there was 2 30min sessions per group doing the full track

instructors weren't allowed in the cars the last 2 times but they'll still give you some useful info and try to guide you in the right direction, also there should be some experienced drivers drifting on the day to learn from as well

Any one with 6-7 drift days uber your belt still recommend these days?

you can choose what you want to do really, last time skid pan was doing donuts and figure 8, i spent most of the day last time doing turn 1-2 and the esses then at the end of the day there was 2 30min sessions per group doing the full track

instructors weren't allowed in the cars the last 2 times but they'll still give you some useful info and try to guide you in the right direction, also there should be some experienced drivers drifting on the day to learn from as well

Ah okay thanks, yea think I might give it a miss. Probably not a great deal I could take away from this, think I would rather wait for a full praccy or comp to come over and drive :)

save your cash and do a prac or prjvate day

save your cash and do a prac or prjvate day

Cheers :)

I thought if u do drift school they have a prac afterwards n u fo that aswell

Hey guys anyone that has done this before or done drift events before how many tyres am i going to be looking at taking and is there someone to fit the tyres to rims on the day or will i need to bring them already on wheels?

I have a bunch of junker wheels and tyres in my shed 3 pairs that still have tread but was just wondering what type of numbers i should be looking at.

complete beginner so will be doing the basic stuff all day if that helps.

unless your really frying the tyres, id say you will only need a pair should be enough. just take a spare set to be sure.

Awesome hopefully i can save up for a new pair of tyres for my skid wheels then if they run out of tread ill just swap to my shitty wheels in my shed.

got my info pack today and ive been given garage 6 so come in and say hi

how are these prac days? any good? wanna try one but not sure if my cars adequately equipped to slide and if I have enough spares and stuff.

What are the basics that are needed for a whole days track work?