Sign in to follow this  
A31Cefiro

2012 Soundwave

tickets are pretty pricey but this will be worth it. $165+BF

well worth the price. id knew the would jack the price up

soad. manson.slipknot playing 90 min sets too apparently

294169_10150329123386588_643386587_7964273_1835417295_n.jpg

second announcement.. nothing great really (wed13 is pretty dope however.)

f**k YES Heaven Shall Burn are coming......best band there. I seen them live in Germany and they are simply amazing.

System Of A Down

Slipknot

Limp Bizkit

A Day To Remember

Lamb Of God

Trivium

Lostprophets

The Used

Dashboard Confessional

Dillinger Escape Plan

Underoath

Enter Shikari

Hatebreed

Heroes For Hire

Chimaira

Unearth

Shadows Fall

f**k yes to the bands above.

Hopefully i can get free tickets again. (thankyou to the GF) have gotten them last two years.

Got tickets for the first time f**k yeah

Quite a few bands that i was into a few years ago that worth checking out along with ones like enter shikari that im loving atm

went yesterday to the bris show. shitty weather but was f**king wicked. i didnt really go to see the headliners like slipknot and system that were on the mainstage but i watched slipknots first 4 songs and the sound was pretty shitty. volume kept going up and down and sometimes all the higher frequencies would stop and u would just get the bass.

highlights were meshuggah and lamb of god for me. LOG finished with "black label" and it went f**king off. the crowd split in half ready to go to war and when the guitars kicked in we just rushed the other side just smashing *milkshakes*. then randy tells everyone to make it rain with the empty cans and bottles on the ground. looked awesome seeing hundreds of cans thrown into the air and everyone cutting loose in the circle pit.

Edited by Marko

went yesterday to the bris show. shitty weather but was f**king wicked. i didnt really go to see the headliners like slipknot and system that were on the mainstage but i watched slipknots first 4 songs and the sound was pretty shitty. volume kept going up and down and sometimes all the higher frequencies would stop and u would just get the bass.

Usually it's because

1) The direction the speakers are faced in, is done so that the entire crowd may be able to hear at least 'some' noise from the band. It's f**king stupid. Same deal with all open air day-festivals

2) The quality of the speakers they use doesn't allow for this directional capacity, and definitely not over the sparse nature of their stages/the crowd span.

3) There was probably alot of wind I'm guessing. This is the biggest issue, and carries sound all over the place.

Yeah ditto on the slipknot, I don't like them anymore but I watched for old times sake and it was horrid, same with Dillinger esc plan.. It was so loud you couldn't hear anything, I shoulda watched Manson instead.

Dredj were great (hadn't heard them prior to the show), meshuggah were flawless as usual, underoath killed it but they only had a tiny shed and alot of fans missed out because it was too packed. Mastodon can't sing in tune, and that's a big minus for me but they played and sounded good. Devin Townsend was ok but I was pretty worn out at that point. In flames were good, sound was a bit bass heavy IMO, I didn't hang around for the whole set. Only other band I saw was unearth and they played well. If I wasn't trying to save $$ right now id go see underoath, meshy and dredj sideshows, they all killed it.

Edited by Spazo

jens said before they played "break those bones whose sinews gave it motion" that they'd actually never played this song together. typical meshuggah played it without any mistakes.

slipknot were pretty shit. i saw the first 4 which were all from the 1st album but was crap. i dont know why theres so many members in the band when half of them just jump around on stage. im surprised they dont have a guy there playing the triangle. I never heard unearth until they played an hour before lamb. was really impressed and i'll be downloading some of their albums

Yeah ditto on the slipknot, I don't like them anymore but I watched for old times sake and it was horrid, same with Dillinger esc plan.. It was so loud you couldn't hear anything, I shoulda watched Manson instead.

Dredj were great (hadn't heard them prior to the show), meshuggah were flawless as usual, underoath killed it but they only had a tiny shed and alot of fans missed out because it was too packed. Mastodon can't sing in tune, and that's a big minus for me but they played and sounded good. Devin Townsend was ok but I was pretty worn out at that point. In flames were good, sound was a bit bass heavy IMO, I didn't hang around for the whole set. Only other band I saw was unearth and they played well. If I wasn't trying to save $$ right now id go see underoath, meshy and dredj sideshows, they all killed it.

Do you remember InFlames setlist? It was pretty shit last time they came.

My mates in QLD said the audio wasn't too flash either. I don't think the open air concerts ever sound spot on but it's a good experience still imo.

Nevermind, just found a site where people put up the setlit for the brisbane show. http://www.setlist.f...2-53d6af1d.html

Argh, InFlames setlist is shit again. Why do they never play anything from Colony or Clayman anymore.

Edited by Pervy

Saw Lamb of God & In Flames last night as a sidewave in Canberra. They played one decent song - Only For The Weak.

Lamb of God, much like every other time I've seen them, killed it! There was a very brief interlude where one of the speakers blew but that was quickly resolved. I still can't f**king hear properly as it was insanely loud but everything was so clean sounding at the same time.

In Flames setlilst:

1. Sounds of a Playground Fading
  2. Deliver Us
  3. Only for the Weak
  4. The Quiet Place
  5. Fear Is the Weakness
  6. Where the Dead Ships Dwell
  7. (unknown)
  8. Cloud Connected
  9. The Mirror's Truth
  10. Take This Life

Lamb of God:

Desolation

Ghost Walking

Walk With Me in Hell

Set to Fail

Now You've Got Something to Die For

Ruin

The Undertow

Descending

Contractor

The Number Six

Laid to Rest

Encore:

The Passing

In Your Words

Redneck

Black Label

That InFlames setlist is a lot better than what they have been playing at Soundwave. I'm seeing them tomorrow at the Adelaide show and I hope they play Only For The Weak.

I know LoG will kill it, that's a given :P

Definitely looking forward to seeing both in flames and log tomorrow. Should be a good day.

Melbourne review:

Staind was awesome. Best sound I've heard at a live gig in that environment (under a shed). Singing was incredible. Set list was fkn PERFECT aswell.

Limp Bizkit rocked. Sound was shithouse and then they slowly nutted it out throughout the set.

Marylin Manson was average.

System of A Down had great sound. Singing was also phenomenal. They were great to see live!

Layout of soundwave in Melbs was f**ked. Security was barely letting anyone into the mosh on the main stages. It looked empty as f**k. NEW BREED AUSTRALIA are all a pack of f**king wankers and arseholes (as are most security).. but these guys were seriously a new breed of f**kheads.

Went to the melb show, had an awesome time. I dunno how you can say manson was average..... that would be a massive compliment because he was f**king terrible. Slipknot and system were highlights for me, sound seemed to be pretty good for slipknot too. Was fkn wrecked by the end of the night. Got hammered on the fence seeing slipknot.

+1 for the shit security but was good fun watching them chase fed up people who jumped the fence and did a runner into the D

Saw Lamb of God & In Flames last night as a sidewave in Canberra. They played one decent song - Only For The Weak.

Lamb of God, much like every other time I've seen them, killed it! There was a very brief interlude where one of the speakers blew but that was quickly resolved. I still can't f**king hear properly as it was insanely loud but everything was so clean sounding at the same time.

In Flames setlilst:

1. Sounds of a Playground Fading
  2. Deliver Us
  3. Only for the Weak
  4. The Quiet Place
  5. Fear Is the Weakness
  6. Where the Dead Ships Dwell
  7. (unknown)
  8. Cloud Connected
  9. The Mirror's Truth
  10. Take This Life

Lamb of God:

35]Desolation

35]Ghost Walking

35]Walk With Me in Hell

35]Set to Fail

35]Now You've Got Something to Die For

35]Ruin

35]
Hourglass

35]The Undertow

35]Descending

35]Contractor

35]The Number Six

35]Laid to Rest

35]
Encore:

35]The Passing

35]In Your Words

35]Redneck

35]Black Label

f**k thats heaps more songs than i got to see at the brisbane show. was that 1.5 hours?

Adelaide today was pretty damn good.

As said previously.

Limp bizkit nailed it.

Manson was terrible. Just looked old, frail, and like he was about to die.

Slipknot like always put on an awesome show.

Heaven shall burn (L) highlight of the day.

Stupid Dan (wpn-x7) getting to go backstage.

i just got home dude. cheers for the ticket hook up!

phones dead and im dying in bed... to summarise my day.

soundwave was incredible.

cky was a bit mediocre.

four year strong were amazing. meet them after they played to.

manson was so f**ked up on everything and still managed a killer set.

limp bizcuit actually surprised me and were good. played only old stuff.

slipknot were arite. was only in the pit for half the set. got hungry haha.

enter shikari as usual f**king ruled. motherstep/mothership went off.

system of a down.. fuucckkkk. serj tanaken is a machine.

im sunburnt and hungover. such a good day.

Went to the melb show, had an awesome time. I dunno how you can say manson was average..... that would be a massive compliment because he was f**king terrible. Slipknot and system were highlights for me, sound seemed to be pretty good for slipknot too. Was fkn wrecked by the end of the night. Got hammered on the fence seeing slipknot.

+1 for the shit security but was good fun watching them chase fed up people who jumped the fence and did a runner into the D

hahaha man.. i honestly don't know how anyone expected him to be any better?

like.. he's just f**kED now. Isn't that the whole idea of his performance? I honestly think thats the best he can do. And he's upholding the manson image by still being a f**ked *milkshake* and coming out on stage to actually put on a performance. He can still stand, so thats something.

He's nothing like that *milkshake* out of the vines though. Manson can actually get some words out lol

Edited by Shark

Best Soundwave I've been too. Was hot for the first half then started pissing down later on lol. So sunburnt and sore all over but it was worth it.

Limp Bizkit's set was awesome. Wanted to see them since I was in school and this was my first time.

Played all their old stuff, didn't play a single song of Gold Cobra so that was awesome. So much funny shit happened during their set. A guy next to me stripped down to nothing but a pair of green jocks and started going off :lol: Then a guy was crowd surfing in a wheel chair. I have no idea how many people it took to lift him up and support him lol. Then some girl flashing her tits on the big screen. Another girl in front of me flashed her tits but the cameras didn't catch that one. She was pretty fat so no big loss :lol:

When Fred and Wes started drinking out of those pineapple cups a guy next to me went "Drink a beer ya faggots!" lol.

I got there early and was pretty close to the front.

423080_10150708219735767_534145766_11927800_1281604639_n.jpg

Inflames set was good. Still nothing off Clayman or Colony but they played The Quiet Place so I was happy with that. Take This Life always goes off live too.

Lamb Of God were great again. Decent circle pit happening through Black Label while it was raining. Even one of the security guards was getting into it, must have been a fan of them.

Slipknot were great. Fire and crackers going off were sweet. I think the audio stuffed up a couple times but overall they sounded good. I couldn't get too close to them as LoG's set overlapped with theirs by 10mins.

Only stayed for about 3/4 of SOAD's set. Both the gf and I were sore as f**k from being there all day and night. Not a massive fan of them but it sounded good and the setlist was decent.

Did anybody see Meshuggah, Hatebreed, Mastodon or anything that wasn't Limp, Slipknot or SOAD? All I seem the read/hear is how good the big favourites were.

Only saw last couple songs of Mastodon before LoG came out. I don't like Meshuggah so didn't see their set.

I hope they don't bother with Manson next year. He got terrible reviews in every single state. Waste of a spot.

in brisbane meshuggah was good. just chugging out those fat guitar riffs and they play so well together. bleed as usual was the closing song and everyone lost their shit. mastadon was alright but their voices were a bit off tune. i tried to stay away from the main stage. all those acts are weak lol. manson should just go and OD already, too painful to watch his shit

Anyone go see zak wylde black label society? i saw about 30min of them and it was pretty good. he did a 5min guitar solo which was alright but nothing on malmsteen or paul gilbert.

Did anybody see Meshuggah, Hatebreed, Mastodon or anything that wasn't Limp, Slipknot or SOAD? All I seem the read/hear is how good the big favourites were.

I saw Hatebreed / Heaven Shall Burn / Black Dahlia Murder.

Was f**king mad!

Also saw Slipknot / SOAD / Limp Bizkit

Marilyn Manson (for about 15mins)

Four Year Strong

Steel Panther (for about 15mins)

Wanted to see AVA / Raised Fist / Machine Head / Dashboard Confessional / Enter Shikari but all crossed over each other.

Edited by (OO)SKYLINE(OO)