underground32

NEW CIRCUIT ON ITS WAY IN NEWCASTLE!

Hi Guys,

As the title says plans have finally been lodged for the much anticipated Motorsport facility at Ringwood Raceway just north of Raymond Terrace near Newcastle.

click on this LINK to access:

http://www.ringwoodraceway.com.au/index.php?module=home

If you do a bit of hunting around the website you will find a CGI video of a hot lap of the track and the track design.

Make sure you sign up to the announcments and updates.

This is going to be the best thing to happen to NSW motoring enthusiasts in a very long time.

CANT WAIT!!!!!!!

map1.png

There is a contact us section on the site... might be worth asking.

I thought that they already tried lodging applications for this facility over the last 10 years and it got knocked on the head by

environmental impact reasons? (as recently as 12 months ago). I remember signing petitions, writing a letter of support and everything, but to no avail.

I really hope this new application succeeds, we really need a new racetrack in NSW and very much so in Newcastle.

FYI the current owner is not the owner who lodged the application that was refused by the council and subsequently the land and environment court.

I actually took the time to read the ruling by the L and E court and although the environmental considerations were a factor the greater issues related to traffic off the pacific HWY and the affect things like drag racing would have on the neighbours.

This particular proposal is for a club level motorsport facility to minimise the affect of all of the issues raised previously.

You won't be seeing a round of the V8 supercars here but for guys like us it will be heaven.

BRING IT ON!!!!!

Thanks. Cool! Fingers crossed this one gets approval.

Yeah bring this on.

Another track would be great. Would certainly ease the pressure on EC and Wakefield and the variety would be great.

You'd think they'd need the big boys like supercars to rake in enough dosh? Sounds unreal signed up for the email updates!

You'd think they'd need the big boys like supercars to rake in enough dosh? Sounds unreal signed up for the email updates!

You might think, but most race circuits actually make money every day of the year, and in some cases lose money running V8SC rounds.

Edited by AusMik

You might think, but most race circuits actually make money every day of the year, and in some cases lose money running V8SC rounds.

Why would they loose money when ten of thousands of spectators turn up and pay to get in on top of hiring the track fees and entry fees for competitors?

Where as club days they only get money from track hire?

Doesn't make sense unless I'm missing something?

im fairly sure this has backing by Nathan tinkler.... he is the mining millionaire who has bought the knights and the newcastle soccer team, he is investing alot of money in the Newcastle area, hopefully now that government money isnt needed to build the track it will get off the ground

Why would they loose money when ten of thousands of spectators turn up and pay to get in on top of hiring the track fees and entry fees for competitors?

V8's don't pay you to use their track, you pay the v8s to come and play in your backyard, just like the F1's but on a slightly smaller scale.

V8's don't pay you to use their track, you pay the v8s to come and play in your backyard, just like the F1's but on a slightly smaller scale.

Interesting so ticket sales then have to cover everything then I guess. They'd be kinda f**ked if all the tracks flipped it on them and demanded a better deal...

.... They'd be kinda f**ked if all the tracks flipped it on them and demanded a better deal...

Not really, would just give Cochrane more ammo for Street Circuits, which none of us can use and takes away any money that Government might put into local circuits that the club level guys like us can use!

Most of the pro/v8 drivers all hate the street circuits as well but say it in very toned down "diplomatic" ways on camera :P

Interesting so ticket sales then have to cover everything then I guess. They'd be kinda f**ked if all the tracks flipped it on them and demanded a better deal...

Yeah, pretty much. But VESA do take a cut of the tickets too... dry.gif

It would be great if the tracks said you can't play here, but not all of them have the balls to say that to the "greatest show on wheels" :rolleyes:

im fairly sure this has backing by Nathan tinkler.... he is the mining millionaire who has bought the knights and the newcastle soccer team, he is investing alot of money in the Newcastle area, hopefully now that government money isnt needed to build the track it will get off the ground

he is worth 1.1 billion now. hes holds enough sway (and $$$$$) to actually make it work. if its true he is interested.

UPDATE!!!

Council have put the DA on exhibition.

What this basically means is that the council have received everything they need for the lodgment to be satisfactory and now the public get the first opportunity to have there official say direct to council. This exhibition will last about a month before all of the public submissions are reviewed by council and a date is set for the council meeting for determination.

If anybody is serious about making a submission pm me and I will forward you the details.

Not long now!

That's excellent news about Ringwood. My 2 work colleauges & I are all members of the MG Car Club Newcastle & have been to the hillclimb a few times. We've always talked about how they should make an EC style circuit up here.

underground32, if you could PM me details about the submission all three of us will put in one. We definitely want to see this go forward!

Cheers & bring on the Ringwood Raceway! :hypo:

Everybody on this site should put forward a professional submission. Any volunteers to draft one that members could use as a base model?

Edited by A31Cefiro