Sign in to follow this  
YogiR33

VicDrift Announcement - Drift Attack Rnd 2 2011

Congratulation Mr Yoshi and the VIC Drift crew, all the hard work is paying of big time guys.

This will definitely be a big one for sure. We really cant wait for this one.

So where is the after party going to be lol???

Ahhh I was just trolling Yoshi dudes! Trilled him real good on facey about running Winton backwards, many lols hahaha!

great work vic drift.

Any chance of future prac days there? Info would be GREATLY appreciated!

Entry fees on par with usual drift attack prices?

wow....looks like there has been some real interest with the event..... FYI this should go off

^^^ LOL yeah entires will be on par ish..... "i can has cheese burger?"

Backwards in the back section is mad. Over the hill entries!! Just not as good for spectators I guess.

QFT

cheezburgers :quagmire:

This is just awesome news. Like old times. Congratulations guys.

any indication of when entries will be opening?

WOOHOO for CALDER!

takes me back to the 2004/2005 days! need to get my hachi sliding! :-)

Time to rip out some old school footage circa 03 i reckon! haha

An email just went out to those on our mail list with some very recent shots of Calder National Circuit and some info on the preparations!

Will the layout be the traditional one, or are you using the old pit entry as the final corner? Apologies if this was covered in the email you sent - I'm not on the mailing list.

Will the layout be the traditional one, or are you using the old pit entry as the final corner? Apologies if this was covered in the email you sent - I'm not on the mailing list.

the original "hell boy" im hoping is going to be used

Given the new venue we still working out the details in terms when entries open, pricing for drivers, prize money breakdown and so forth. The board is meeting up tonight and hope to cover off a lot of this and have info you everyone by the end of the week. It will be different in comparison to Winton given the increased fees and equipment required.

Track layout will however be the same layout as Driftfest and Fulllock Drift Nats, clockwise rotation, startline on back straight with judged corners being turn 6, 7, 8 and 9. Pit entry will not be used as part of the drifting.

http://www.calderpark.com.au/venue/map.aspx

Is drifting onto the drag strip going to be a problem or there happy for that to happen?

I don't think they can deny it really, if your judging Turn 9 which leads onto the Drag Strip(Turn 10) its got to be done, But i would except they will run a slow down point once you hit the straight so people don't try and scando the whole drag strip.

For those not to familiar with Calder Park (interstaters)

Turn 6/7/8 are all around the sand trap(top right hand corner) Turn 8 is actually that little kink at the end of the sand trap then you continue straight for a brief moment then onto Turn 9 for a bit of a sweeper(the 1st right hand turn, the last right hand turn is known as a "pit lane") then onto turn 10 which is the Drag Strip straight.

Calder_Park_2.jpg

Thanks Antonio! Appreciate the Intel.

Community Assistance Needed!

If anyone has any bright ideas that may help with the event, companies that may be interested in sponsorship or any other avenues that will help this event really take flight we are always open to your input. Feel free to email me: jos@vicdrift.com

Thanks

Jos

VicDrift VP

I don't really care how much more it is than Winton I'll be there 100%

Will there be big entry comp?

Coz the back straight into turn 6 is perfect for spectators on top of the hill

+1 I'll be there! Miss the old days there.

Gotta get my ass into gear and get a car ready.

looks like Calder would work well for a "Matsuri" next year whistle.gif

could have 3 sessions going at once, one in normal section, one doing the big corner in the middle off the straight and one inh the back section soing the S at the bottom of the hill and into the big corner near Thunderdome

Nah just full track no slow points!

Take it one step at a time I guess.

looks like Calder would work well for a "Matsuri" next year whistle.gif

could have 3 sessions going at once, one in normal section, one doing the big corner in the middle off the straight and one inh the back section soing the S at the bottom of the hill and into the big corner near Thunderdome

Its actually like you read my mind! It would be horrible to manage though!

Thanks Antonio! Appreciate the Intel.

Community Assistance Needed!

If anyone has any bright ideas that may help with the event, companies that may be interested in sponsorship or any other avenues that will help this event really take flight we are always open to your input. Feel free to email me: jos@vicdrift.com

Thanks

Jos

VicDrift VP

make sure there is music for whenever there is downtime, good commentators that get into it, and can be heard as well. good food.

Its actually like you read my mind! It would be horrible to manage though!

would be f**king awesome though, full open track is a good idea aswel like nic19 said

make sure there is music for whenever there is downtime, good commentators that get into it, and can be heard as well. good food.

this si one thing i was going to bring up, will the be food van or something at the top of grass hill, fair walk from the other side of the track to where the canteen is for people to get food