Sign in to follow this  
jonesl

Kinugawa turbo's (kando) comparison.

Lol. So HKS, Trust, precision, Borg Warner, apexi, blitz turbos arnt keeping up but kinugawa is?

No not at all. Mass

Produced turbochargers at an affordable price, no not really. Yeah I wish to spend like $4000 on a hks turbo, or have a cheaper yet reliable turbo that's easy to find & cheap to buy.

Dude you get what you pay for, they are just copies I would hardly say they are keeping up lol.

So you say im incorrect then state they are copies..

Im not bagging them I've considered trying one out for the hell of it, for the price who cares right, but I think people should take a step back before saying they are keeping up.

Gotta admit I'm kinda sold on one of these.

Thanks Donny that's basically what I was getting too.

They are keeping up and from what I have seen the casting is flawless and I'm about ready to sell up my Garrett gt2871r and test one of tgese L2 td06 units that every1 is raging about, for bush bearing twin cooled the power curve is unbelievable. Kinugawa FTW. I'd take one of these over a $2400 twin scroll gtx3071

300kw for under $1000, that's nothing to sneeze at. Especially when it's all been good feedback and positive reviews. Even Garrett would have crawled before it ran true...

If you're paying $2400 for at TS GTX3071, I'd suggest you start shopping elsewhere.

Ive got the T2 style SL2-20g and it bolted up perfectly to the stock manifold and sits under all the stock heat shields.

Ill never go back to a GAYrrett turbo after this. Ive already busted two Garrett turbos that just ended up in the bin.

The quality is up there. they also come with all the lines and metal gaskets too.

So many optioned wheels too. Wheel spec

-       Compressor wheel: 60.5/78 mm (25G Wheel)

-       Turbine wheel: 54.1/61 mm (TD06SL2 / 11 Blades Inconel Wheel)

This has SR written all over it

Jarryd as you have seen them up close and held them in your hand im sure you would agree these dont look like cheap turbos

Agreed, definitely not some poorly made turbo. Quality is up there with the best.

Try finding a bad opinion about these turbos from people who have used them.

Maybe they should start charging $1800 for a turbo. It might change peoples minds.

Guys im looking at the td05 18g for sr20det all basic bolt ons power fc etc. Ive searched and looked at the specs and it looks simular to the t517z bit bigger, and like a gt2871r am i seeing it correct. Street car maybe track days later down track.

Thanks looks like td05 18g is way to go for street 230kw at 19 pound not bad.

Just gotta save for some 740s z32 and can go for tune.

I wasn't ragging on these turbos at all. I have a kinugawa td06 l2 in trust housings so I'm not bagging them. Just seemed like Bradshaw was saying that these are the only turbos keeping up with Garrett. I disagree. Had nothing to do with quality or price

You cant disagree with people on NS dont you know this :ph34r:

Out of interest , which one of these are comparable to the gt3071r (.64 internal gated) ?

just bought one of the tdo6sl2-20g's will let you guys know when its in and tuned should be by the end of the month. It will be in a s15 with hks step 1 cams, ras, z32, 740s and the usual exhaust front mount and intake. What you guys reckon ill get on about 20psi?

just bought one of the tdo6sl2-20g's will let you guys know when its in and tuned should be by the end of the month. It will be in a s15 with hks step 1 cams, ras, z32, 740s and the usual exhaust front mount and intake. What you guys reckon ill get on about 20psi?

sorry forgot to add its the t2 internal gate low mount one with s15 front cover

What's the deal with a 1.5 bar suggested running pressure and 2.8 max with a "Performance Thrust Bearing Kit with larger thrust ring and flinger" ??

These are starting to show some worth considering iv never really been happy with any Garrett purchases or how long they last *sigh*

Slammed14 keep us posted.

Just got brand new Z32, power Fc, nismo 740's and walbro in so we'll be running pretty similar setups except for tomei 260's 12.0

If the S15 comp cover t2 model cant reach 290-300 would bee keen to try get it with top feed and E85 as a comparrison

Isn't HKS essentially a Garret turbo? a Trust mitsubishi? If so are they copies as well?

To me, I don't give crap about the name, if it works it works.

I am just interested to see how the kinugawa turbo holds up on a sprint car and running constant laps. Any experiences??

I wasn't ragging on these turbos at all. I have a kinugawa td06 l2 in trust housings so I'm not bagging them. Just seemed like Bradshaw was saying that these are the only turbos keeping up with Garrett. I disagree. Had nothing to do with quality or price

I was a bit brief but Donny covered what I was getting at.

slammed i would say 260-270

thats around what i was aiming for so fingers crossed. How rsponsive are these? i know that they are no disco but are they somewhat comparable lag wise to a t2871r?

My goals are a genuine 12sec street car and with that power im pretty sure i will achieve that

and to the other guy with the similar set up will keep you guys posted, im mates with the guy that posted up his result for the td05 18g and after seeing what he got, i sold a disco i bought to try these out plus the money i got for the disco i got the td06sl2 20g and a z32 afm haha bargain

Definantly a fan of these! Had a Garret on my sr only lasted a year, and costs as much to rebuild as it does to buy a new one.

Got a kando t67 25g to go onto my rb25. They are super cheap and just as cheap to rebuild. As for on par with trust they are near identical in every part. Can't wait to get my car tuned and see how much it makes.

hey joel i think it will be a bit quicker than a 12 second street car more like a 11 second car