Sign in to follow this  
Aus Silicon Direct

Drifting Scene over here

Hey guys/girls,

We have just moved over from Tasmania to Western Australia and would like it if some people could share some information about the Drifting Scene over here.

Headed out to the Drift Practice night tonight and had a look, pitty about the shit weather though! Still all the drivers looked like they were having a ball out there.

Is there usually that amount of people who enter, around 20-25? The people who entered does the 4 cars out on the track at the one time give you a good track time?

A few other questions:

Did I see that you are allowed passenger at a Practice Day, if so what are the requirements?

On average how many Droft Days do you get, Monthly, 6 Month, or yearly?

Any information would be great, it seems to be different from Drifting in Tassie and my pride and enjoy is sitting back at home collecting dust, so is it worth bringing it over here or isn't there a great deal of Drifting happening.

Look forward to peoples replies and also thoughts about it all. Thanks in advance also for the information shared!

Cheers,

Barnzy

Aus Silicon Direct

www.Driftwa.com.au is the main forum for the drift scene over here, im also new to Perth and i am yet to get out to a track day as my car isnt 100% running yet but soon enough. But the forums should be a good help to you hopefully.

Thanks for the info, will check the website out for more information.

Can anyone help with the couples of questions about passengers and all that?

Cheers,

Barnzy

Aus Silicon Direct

Thanks for the info, will check the website out for more information.

Can anyone help with the couples of questions about passengers and all that?

Cheers,

Barnzy

Aus Silicon Direct

Hey

yeah head over to driftwa.com.au website no one really gets on here

but basically there is 1 prac a month sometimes two, goes all year... we have a 6 round WA state drift series as well. There are also 1 or 2 comps down in Collie 2 hours south of perth and also usually 1 two day 'drift matsuri style' event down there a year. So you can get to drift about 20 times a year if you want !

Not many people go out when its wet and alot of the top guys dont practise here in Perth at all. 20 would be the minnimum ive seent here but gets to around 30 - 40 once it stops raining.

The only passengers allowed are registered and approval trainers from the Clerk of Course ie: long standing drifters and or the top guys that go in a help people. Other than that no passengers allowed.

We used to run 5 laps at a time but they have just changed it up a bit, dunno why but hey whatever

Hi Guys in perth, I hope to get my drift practice in perth somewhere in Mar 18 to 21st 2012, this year! i am from singapore and curious to find out if i can rent a drift machine in perth for track day? i been to website and facebook of driftwa.com and enquire but to no avail.

Please help Thank you!! :)