Sign in to follow this  
JoeyTA22

Fabrication Pics Thread

most exghust shops could do it,the pipe bender at work has heaps of flairing dies.cant go to big tho.

http://www.dieselex.com.au/ in adelaide might have some, look on their site or call them, ive used them for pipe before. If you can find stainless ones they wont be cheap

Yeah this, Diesel Exhaust Systems has cone and flared type reducers.

I think if seen kemp make his own before.....

few things i have made over the past few months,

bash bar

post-58509-0-21001200-1333617384_thumb.jpg

hydro handbrake wrc style

post-58509-13165939697891_thumb.jpg

tig welded up water holes,collectors i made for my 1jz manifold.but rough as i had to cut the welds to make them shorter then reweld them.

577615_391583490880099_1405681891_n.jpg

i practiced for bout 20 mins the other day, and these are the first welds ive done after that 20min practice. i was pretty hppy with them :)

Got a heap of scrap steel to practice on with tho before i start taking the welder to the car

weld1.jpg

weld2.jpg

have you watched/had any tutorials on welding? your welds seem to have good penetration, so i assume your welder setting are pretty good. try different techniques, i.e moving forward into the bead, away from, the 'half moon', 'spiral', etc. but always practice :P

also it helps to try welding different shapes, types of joins, and material thickness (also welding different thickness material together). the more the better i think.

-dan

Try to weld the plates together with only the corners touching. It gives you better penetration and a stronger join. You can do that technique from 0.5mm to 50mm plate joins.

i always found that doing pad welds on both side of a peice of steel helps alot, yes it may be boring and repeditive after a while but man by th end of it the improvment is huge. then after that going into butt etc etc, once youve downpacked a pad weld everything is easy!

Google image search pad weld.

Its a good technique for learning how to do a continuous weld that's for sure

pad weld,butt weld,plug weld,vertical down/ups.look them up

Multiple layers...

ie. 3 or 6 runs.

Slapped together a ghetto trolley for my TIG...

welder2.jpg

welder1.jpg

Next up is a welding bench, thinking 900x900 with 10-12mm plate steel top. Needs to be mobile so will get some big ass castors.

^ thats a really good idea i might knock one up as well

10mm top,f**k that would never move it.i made a bench with like 2mm top just add some cross brakeing.dosent dint or anything.

10mm top,f**k that would never move it.i made a bench with like 2mm top just add some cross brakeing.dosent dint or anything.

Im used to using 16-20mm tops at work, its sooo much better than thin shit. Saw a bench with a 1000x1000x40 plate steel top at an auction a few weeks ago, would have bought it if i could move it! the thing was over 400kgs...

http://www.dieselex.com.au/ in adelaide might have some, look on their site or call them, ive used them for pipe before. If you can find stainless ones they wont be cheap

you end up using them? i got afew there last week and only cost $5 each. just gotta speak to the right person there

Ive used dieselex before they are good to deal with, ive never looked at purchasing reducers etc never even needed them all my piping is 3" or larger. that's good they do them for cheap.

just finished making this for my 1jz,still have to weld a gate pipe to it.not bad for my first go.welds are prity rushed as i had to do them in my lunch brake.

post-58509-0-18673400-1339744297_thumb.jpg

lol. went there today and stainless reducers are $28 +gst.

lol. went there today and stainless reducers are $28 +gst.

did you end up getting cut off saw?

yeah. now i need a die grinder to clean up the burrs.

i sell die grinders ;) im going to be coming to use your cut off saw sometime haha

well when i get my tig....

yeah. now i need a die grinder to clean up the burrs.

fyi i just buzz over the edges with angle grinder, usually with one of those hard sandpaper disks. takes a few seconds per piece.

if its smaller then 3" you might have a drama getting inside properly using that method, luckily all miine is either 3, 3.5 or 4". the one time I did work with 2.5 i put it in the vice and did it by hand, which i dont mind really, wasnt going to buy a grinder id use for a day.

Edited by R32GTRS

shore is dead around hear

anyway some stuff i have been playing with

post-58509-0-68716300-1340268456_thumb.jpg

post-58509-0-89291600-1340185212_thumb.jpg

403460_405179666187148_317138775_n.jpg