Sign in to follow this  
JoeyTA22

Fabrication Pics Thread

idk man,just was an ezy place to do it.

i really wish u guys would re-size your pictures before uploading them aye

idk man,just was an ezy place to do it.

its not ideal.. it pushes the castor rod mount further out also. better off lengthening them between the ball joint and castor rod mounts

Get firefox :P Automatically resizes them.

iam using firfox

just hate waiting for it to load because people are uploading huge sized pictures

iam using firfox

just hate waiting for it to load because people are uploading huge sized pictures

Better speed :thumbsup:

I found an old exhaust of mine out the back, I cut it in half and then stick welded it back together. (Just practicing more)

I'll post pics soon :)

anyway less talk more pics.

here's some of my finished drift products. Lengthened LCA's, and modded steering knuckles.

p1020504g.jpg

p1020505t.jpg

p1020506g.jpg

p1020507.jpg

p1020508t.jpg

p1020509o.jpg

i use a tig for everything... its such a pain in the arse to do the LCA's with the tig as it just doesnt burn properly due to the trace contaiminats from paint and grease.. doesnt seem to matter how much i grind them back or clean beforehand.

^ your the same as me I only ever use a tig I do how ever wanna get a mig for chassis work but that's the only thing I would ever use it for

ive got a cigweld 175hf DC tig.. its fantastic and will do those thick steering knuckles no worries on full amps. but im thinking bout selling it or trading it in for one of those 3 in 1 cigweld's that i posted in the other thread. or do i keep the DC tig and buy a standalone mig? i never use arc..

My tig is a Ac/dc hf and is also a stick welder as well

Think your better of with a stand alone mig

..It's not okay for a cheapie. This is the 2nd one that's blown on me. It keeps blowing the transformer inside.

Going to return it tomorrow and get a 3rd one.

Now that it's blown twice, and I expect the same thing to happen to this other one.

Can someone tell me what I'm, or the machine is doing wrong?

It seems to struggle pushing out the wire at the start, I know the wire is el cheapo flux core brand that came with it, so I'll be changing the wire, the wire burns out quick and all I do is splatter.

Now I know it's not me that's causing it because I've used a "Pro" MIG before, and made nice welds with it.

Anyways, what might be the problem? Not enough electricity? I fed the wire through wrong? Not grounding the clamp right?

This is real annoying as It's the only MIG i can afford right now and I have some projects to work on.

Don't wanna use stick only if that's the last option.

Someone help me out! :(

This is the welder here.. Same body, same switches, toggles, everything apart from the maker.

Here.

Push and pull type wire feeds are so much easier to use

..It's not okay for a cheapie. This is the 2nd one that's blown on me. It keeps blowing the transformer inside.

Going to return it tomorrow and get a 3rd one.

Now that it's blown twice, and I expect the same thing to happen to this other one.

Can someone tell me what I'm, or the machine is doing wrong?

It seems to struggle pushing out the wire at the start, I know the wire is el cheapo flux core brand that came with it, so I'll be changing the wire, the wire burns out quick and all I do is splatter.

Now I know it's not me that's causing it because I've used a "Pro" MIG before, and made nice welds with it.

Anyways, what might be the problem? Not enough electricity? I fed the wire through wrong? Not grounding the clamp right?

This is real annoying as It's the only MIG i can afford right now and I have some projects to work on.

Don't wanna use stick only if that's the last option.

Someone help me out! :(

if its doing all that then its a piece of shit.. my comment was based on face value that it has more adjustment then most cheapies... BIN IT

Found out why it kept blowing fuses.. I forgot to switch the polarities. Right?

It is a gas and gasless welder. I had it on gas..

Now when I get the refund.. 3rd time's the charm right? Will it keep burning out?

If it does, I'm getting money back and not exchange only, can anyone recommend a cheap but good gasless mig?

Sorry for posts with no pics :(

I've recommended and used these for a while now!

No shit, it's ridiculous how good this machine is for the money!! They are about 1700ish now I think.

i was thinking about going stainless lobster back piping but didnt want the extra weight but still love the look of it tho

this my intake pipe at the moment

IMG_0950.jpg

hey kemp! why on the bends is the pipe cut in half and welded? i ALWAYS see this on piping but never understand why put the extra weld in?

cheaper to buy in half donuts and then weld together yourself i think

i was thinking about going stainless lobster back piping but didnt want the extra weight but still love the look of it tho

this my intake pipe at the moment

IMG_0950.jpg

hey kemp! why on the bends is the pipe cut in half and welded? i ALWAYS see this on piping but never understand why put the extra weld in?

aluminum donut

basically weld to donuts together then cut the angles u want

Just been practicing doing some stick welding.

Slowly getting there lol.

Tried for the first time to cut 2 pieces and make a T, turned out pretty good for a newb haha.

Also welded an exhaust, grinded half and left half lol, let me know how I'm doing.

Tips are most welcome :D

IMG_3838.JPG

IMG_3843.JPG

IMG_3845.JPG

its pretty bad.. you must have a shakey hand or something, theres no steady weld fillet on the T pieces and too much splatter. looks too cold also. turn the head up and focus the weld a bit better

I was trying to do moon cresents LOL failed I know.

Theres no option to turn amps up or anything :S