Sign in to follow this  
koguchi

Cannon 550D

Hey Guys,

I am looking into buying a Cannon 550D this week coming to begin taking photos yada yada.

Just wondering if anyone has any exp wit this specific camera?

From the videos about the product it appears to be a really good entry level camera to purchase.

If possible, please let me know your opinions of this camera or cameras like it.

Just bought mine. I love the thing. Been filming with it recently. Was really suprised at the quality.

I have one it's a really good entry level cam with all the specs, takes great pics and decent vids light weight and easy to use/learn 3inch screen is great.

There pretty cheap now and you won't be disappointed.

What price did you guys pay?

one of the shops I was in had the 550D and its 18-55mm lens + a 55-200mm lens as a kit for around $900

I personally have one in the household and highly recommend it, I was going to buy a second 550D because it was my brothers.

Good button layout and feels "ok" to hold for a long day

Good image and video quality and dont think you'll need to upgrate anytime soon, unlike buying a cheap 1100D.

But I bought had a 550D and a 18-135mm which is different price, so I'm not sure if 900 is cheap or not, but on ebay they go for around 900, so it sounds like a good deal.

Go for it, you won't be disappointed :thumbsup:

Yeah I'm seeing massive price variations online, some places have it for $1200, some have it for $1900..

Something tells me that the reason I am seeing this for $900 in stores is due to end of year financial sales...so now might be the perfect time to buy it.

Bought mine for like $1200 I think from teds about 6-7 months ago with the single lens kit and some filters a bag etc etc. Then bought a tamrom 17-55 off eBay cheap cheap and it's does the job all round.

$900 is pretty good.

I picked up the 550D today..unfortunatley I got the prices mixed up with the 550D and 1100E or something.

ended up spending $1300 on it inc a good camera bag and extra 8gig SD card.

snapt a few shots straight away, awsome camera, cant wait to get to know it better :D

i got the 550D, with a 18-200mm lense... fantastic camera!

Yeah I was having a play around with swapping the 18-55mm & 55-250mm...awsome stuff...bit dissapointed that it was a very overcast day haha

Glad to hear its a good camera.... might pick one up a bit later this year...

the 600D is also available now, so I can assume the price of the 550D will drop more soon.

yeah cheapest ive found it is $948 with twin lense kit so thats a good price as for the camera dont know i went higher then that lol

loz y u no post this 2 days ago.

It's not a 550D but the specs are pretty much identical from what I can see.

Canon EOS 550D/EOS Rebel T2i/EOS Kiss X4

All the same camera:

550D = Australia

Rebel T2i = USA

Kiss X4 = Japan

Sorry! didn't see the post - Camera Paradise is very cheap though, have boughts stuff from there before no dramas!

Wow thats cheap, may get one sooner than expected... Now to sell my d50...

Canon EOS 550D/EOS Rebel T2i/EOS Kiss X4

All the same camera:

550D = Australia

Rebel T2i = USA

Kiss X4 = Japan

Sorry! didn't see the post - Camera Paradise is very cheap though, have boughts stuff from there before no dramas!

That might be why it looked like the same specs :lol:

I guess I will have to keep that in mind for next time.

AU$ 660 With 1 lens:

http://cameraparadis...yword=&pg_num=1

Cheap =D

But you have to take account of the shipping which is $45-50, and then the 55-250mm which is another $200 ontop.

So works out to be about the same, if not more :P

All Jap / Aus/ Us model are the same as far as I know, only difference are the badge and choice of language

Sign in to follow this