Sign in to follow this  
TrackBattle

Australian Drifting Grand Prix

Hey everyone

Instead of your typical show and shine at the Australian Drifting Grand Prix we're looking at having a big car meet where multiple different car clubs attend, with a certain amount from each car club and give it more of a car met vibe. The best thing is, the cars in the car meet will get prime position parking. What we want to know is, what would interest you guys?

WOuld you rather see the best 20 cars from each club nominated and attend?

Would you prefer:

1 - paying normal spectator fee but only invited cars can attend

2- Pay extra and anyone who pays can attend

put your ideas forward for what you want to see or get out of a car meet/ show and shine at a motorsport event as many have failed miserably in the past

pay extra let anyone attend that way no pointless squabbling about whos car deserves it more etc and blah blah

Make it like a meet, then let the clubs/forums decide who can come along under their name. The best things about drift are the inclusiveness/community aspect, so play on that & it'll work.

I remember a drift nats years ago at Calder where an AE86 club came along & took over the show & shine. Cars came from all over which made for a cool atmosphere & a really impressive display.

I'll start a thread on AE86DC!

I'd really like to see some sort of reserved spaces for clubs entering the show and shine and a separate area for everyone else, that way the clubs stay together and you have similiar cars grouped up which looks better and it allows everyone to enter, clubs and punters!

Maybe clubs entering could be free and individuals pay like $5 or something?

Edited by KurtHS