Sign in to follow this  
gulrez

180 Type X 292rwkw 98 OCTANE street + track car

Hey guys. So I've been meaning to make a build thread for a while now, just havent got around to doing it. I bought a fresh off the boat import in January this year. A very clean '97 180sx Type X with (allegedly) 61,000 kms on the clock and nothing but a cat back exhaust...but that's what i was after, a very very stock car. Yeah it's heaps costly to build from scratch but to me buying a built car was never an option, i wanna make something of my own =D Also had some ghey chrome lights which i changed to normal type x's lol...

Since then I've added the following:

- Turbotech MBC

- Greddy Spec LS FMIC

- Custom intercooler piping

- Custom intake pipe

- Z32 Front Calipers

- Custom 4 stud RDA rotors to suit

- ADM T28

- K&N Apollo Enclosed Pod

- 3" turbo back exhaust with flex pipe and decat pipe

- Walbro 500HP Fuel Pump

- EBC Redstuff Brake Pads all round

- 17" Volk Racing GT-P Rims with Falken ZE912 tyres

I reckon i'm prolly putting down about 160-170 kws? If that?

Heres the interesting bit though, I've bought a fair few new bits to go in and now I'm just saving up for a haltech fitted and tuned from Powertune =D Going for the Haltech Platinum Sport 1000 kit so that eliminates the need for an AFM or Boost Controller =D

Bits waiting to go in:

- GCG Custom Turbo

- Greddy Adjustable Type R BOV

- Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams

- Brian Crower Valve Springs and Retainer Kit

- Brian Crower Adjustable Cam Gears

- GKTech Rocker Arm Stoppers

- Exedy HHD Clutch

- 2000cc I.D Injectors

- Shift - I Progressive Tacho Shift Light Gauge

Sucks so much cos all these parts are jst sitting around waiting to be put in...but just gotta gather the coin for the haltech n tune hahaha!!! SOON!!!

Kemp does all my custom work if anyones interested =D Bloody clean work if u ask me and really high quality. I'm going for a stock looking setup so my engine bay will hopefully look the same as it does now if possible. I still have the stock airbox which i will be whacking back in instead of the Apollo.

216450_10150592659850054_865720053_18549077_7141595_n.jpg

221786_10150592672650054_865720053_18549213_6399192_n.jpg

226742_10150592671245054_865720053_18549193_6766623_n.jpg

226809_10150592665365054_865720053_18549112_1084070_n.jpg

229099_10150592670830054_865720053_18549186_1626046_n.jpg

229744_10150592660770054_865720053_18549093_1898049_n.jpg

230657_10150592669600054_865720053_18549167_1991258_n.jpg

IMG_0339.JPG

IMG_0341.JPG

IMG_0343.JPG

IMG_0345.JPG

IMG_0419.JPG

IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

Very clean bud keep us updated! Thank god you got rid of those ricer lights lol!

Very clean bud keep us updated! Thank god you got rid of those ricer lights lol!

yeah at least now he can drive around with no shame

was funny cos when i started looking i had one thing i was so adamant about and that was no gay clear lights...but this car was so clean and stock that i hoad to snap it up...felt dirty driving it around like that...urgh

Haha yeh well lights are an easy change. Finding an immaculate condition car is not as easy! So you did the right thing. Looking good. What plans do you have? Drifting it or just clean streeter?

I'm looking to keep it very streetable. I'm going to be tracking it but more circuit and time attack rather than drifting. Should be fun :) also planning to go VE as soon as I have the coin for it...

new turbo arrived from gcg today =D

IMG_05121.JPG

Hey man car is looking great. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you with your plans of modding.

A few mates and myself are planning to go to wakefield on Monday 27th June, if you can come along, it would be good to meet up with someone else on these forums

^ resizing the picture B4 uploading it would of been nice !

mines resized because i think about other people

selfish prick :P

IMG_0918.JPG

lol i dont even know how to resize...aaaaand it shows up jst fine on my 32inch monitor :P

Hey man car is looking great. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you with your plans of modding.

A few mates and myself are planning to go to wakefield on Monday 27th June, if you can come along, it would be good to meet up with someone else on these forums

that woulda been sick but unfortunately i have a uni exam on that day precisely lol...though what time are you guys planning on going? i might be able to join u if its later in the day?

that woulda been sick but unfortunately i have a uni exam on that day precisely lol...though what time are you guys planning on going? i might be able to join u if its later in the day?

Hey man we're planning to be there around 8:30. I'll be there all day till they kick us out :) i think everyone finishes up at 4-4:30

awww gonna have to give that a miss then eh...deffo join you's nex time but should have my build complete within a couple months..

UPDATE: going e85 now so buying ID2000 injectors, another walbro, new top mount fuel rail. Also bought some spitfires to go in :)

UPDATE:

Everything is finally in!!!

Sitting at Powertune waiting to be tuned. Sticking with 98 for now with a view to buy the powertune twin pump kit and go e85 soon after =D

watch this space!!!

^thanks mate =D

cars back aaaaaaaaaand made 292RWKW!!!!

ptune dyno.jpg

will uplload engine bay pics soon...big thanks to Kemp who practically put the car together...whole build was his idea and it turned out awesome =D

edit: pics

IMG_05771.jpgIMG_05781.jpg

thanks bro =D my goal is to keep it with as much of a factory look as possible...even when i hit the track...

very clean, especially the engine bay. im a big fan of the silver on the 180, i guess since my mate has the same one, looks sweet as!

alot parts going in, im in similar position, just waiting for all the mods and then putting it all in one hit.. good luck with it all

wooooah nice power, how much was it to get a turbo custom'd up for you anyways?

wooooah nice power, how much was it to get a turbo custom'd up for you anyways?

roughly 2g's

Next I'm prolly looking at wheels and coilovers and then e85 setup

Saw you looking for parking yesterday, and parked today!

So stealth :P

Haha. You say you didn't want to buy a built car... Then you get powertune to build it for you, using their ideas.... Doesnt make sense...

Saw you looking for parking yesterday, and parked today!

So stealth :P

Hahha on campus u mean?

Haha. You say you didn't want to buy a built car... Then you get powertune to build it for you, using their ideas.... Doesnt make sense...

Well I used them as guides? Turbo was all kemp pretty much everything else I arranged myself. Yeah I didn't actually physically out it together but made mist if the decisions relating to the actual build.

Sign in to follow this