Sign in to follow this  
Siddr20

May 2011 Photo comp

May 2011 Monthly Comp:

THEME: Portrait

Rules:

- Images can be taken at any time, but must be your own work!!

- Please relate your picture to the theme.

- Images can be in colour or black and white.

- Please submit only one photo.

- Keep photoshop to a minimum. RAW processing is fine, adjustment of curves etc are ok. BUT NO chopping images from other images etc.. Nothing extreme!! keep it as natural as your image can be!!

- NO HDR. That is a seperate theme.

- Please dont put a watermark that will identify you. You are more than welcome to put for eg) © Do not copy.

- DUE DATE: Monday 30th May 2011

- Photography's are to be PM'd to Siddr20 before due date ends (check due date above).. Closing time is midnight!! Please put the subject as: May 2011 Monthly Comp.

- DO NOT POST YOUR PHOTOS IN HERE!!!

- Read the rules

- Please try and re-size your photos to 900 max width and or height. If you don't have any tools to resize please download infraview (free program).

- ENJOY and good luck :)

- Prizes will be given to the winner (ns.com stickers and a lanyard).

This should be easy right??

Will actually try and get a pic in this month

After march i lapsed :P

Got a few for this, just gotta decide on one

Get involved people, i recieved goodies in the mail today from the March comp, Motive dvd and some dialled Hardtuned.net merchandise :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cheers Sidd and Loz

Alright guys so I have had 5 people pm with asking if its ok to post pics of objects or more than two of three people in the frame or pic of a bike etc etc.

To me portrait is a photograph or your own representation of a person, in which their head is the main focus!!

Taken from Wiki:

A portrait is a painting, photograph, sculpture, or other artistic representation of a person, in which the face and its expression is predominant. The intent is to display the likeness, personality, and even the mood of the person. For this reason, in photography a portrait is generally not a snapshot, but a composed image of a person in a still position. A portrait often shows a person looking directly at the painter or photographer, in order to most successfully engage the subject with the viewer.

Happy to argue this and if you guys are happy for people to post other things then I will accept the picture.

yep. that's a portrait. stick to the definition other wise it may as well be an open category.

Going to extend the entries till tomorrow night as I wont be on the computer all day and will most likely get home by mid-night.

So due 30th night mid-night.

THanks

Sign in to follow this