Sign in to follow this  
_PLEZA

2 stroke or 4 stroke?

:D think I'm gonna go either ktm, yamaha or Honda

like i said before, i have a KTM300 exc, if you find one in your price range, definitely look in to it! i love mine!

i have a mate that rides a 03ish model yz250, most reliable bike! he doesnt do any maintenance on it at all but it always seems to kick over.

like i said before, i have a KTM300 exc, if you find one in your price range, definitely look in to it! i love mine!

i have a mate that rides a 03ish model yz250, most reliable bike! he doesnt do any maintenance on it at all but it always seems to kick over.

how much did u pick ur ktm up for? And what yr is it

be prepared to ride a 2 smoke like u stole it and dont expect to be abl to pull up and dop some sight seeing without blipping the throttle 1 billion times and not to clag up plugs like u own ngk

4 stroke is the future lol 2 stroke is a icon from time gone bye when we loved o do petrol and oil mixes making us feel like a rocket scientist

and not to clag up plugs like u own ngk

:lol::lol:

I laughed pretty good when i read that ! Gold!

be prepared to ride a 2 smoke like u stole it and dont expect to be abl to pull up and dop some sight seeing without blipping the throttle 1 billion times and not to clag up plugs like u own ngk

4 stroke is the future lol 2 stroke is a icon from time gone bye when we loved o do petrol and oil mixes making us feel like a rocket scientist

If you turn your bike off while sight seein you wont have a problem with fowling up the spark plug.

Trust me 4 strokes are at there peak atm, they were/ are the cheapest option for the dirt bike companies. Dont be two surprised if you see in the next 5 years fuel/oil injected 2 strokes with differently configured motors with next to no maintence, its on the cards. They will be hella light and will kill 4 strokes!

best of luck _PLEZA finding your bike!

Edited by inmans12

Depends what fuel/oil mixture you run. my yz250 manuel says it needs to run 40 to 1, however the manuel needs to assume everyone is an idot and therefore puts in alot of room for error

I run 32 to 1, it doesnt affect reliability running this, however what it does mean is its alot harder to load up. My bike will sit for over 2 minutes before it might need to be reved to clear it out.... besides why would you try and enjoy the view with the bikes running?

no dude

moto gp and all others have ether tapered down or all together deleted 2 stroke becasue manafacturers arnt commiting to a dying breed

new 125 and 250 4 stroke class sez it all

If you know how to ride a 2stroke properly, and ride them in the powerband, then they are awesome. dunno wtf people are saying they 'arent as responsive' for.

It's similar to comparing a turbo and a supercharger imo.

its the whole thing of BAND....why would u wanna keep it in band when with injection and a 4 stroke cycle the power is there from any range

get with the times...learn how to jump a 4 stroke or ride one and 2 stroke will be a ...WHAT????

no dude

moto gp and all others have ether tapered down or all together deleted 2 stroke becasue manafacturers arnt commiting to a dying breed

new 125 and 250 4 stroke class sez it all

Moto gp and motorcross/ enduro are two very different classes. Yes they are a dying breed with some dirtbike manufactures. But look at ktm, husaberg, husqvana still developing there 2 stroke range and some of these bikes in this range are voted the best for rider friendly, especially from husaberg. A few years ago honda discontinued there CR range becuase of this 'enviromental' focus stuff, maintaining a high performance 4 stroke dirt bike would/does produce more emission than you humble 2 stroke bike. 4 stroke high performance dirtbikes were the easyier way forward.

its the whole thing of BAND....why would u wanna keep it in band when with injection and a 4 stroke cycle the power is there from any range

get with the times...learn how to jump a 4 stroke or ride one and 2 stroke will be a ...WHAT????

Yes 4 strokes are easyier bike to ride as the power is there down low and dont have to work as hard but if you know how use the clutch and shift properly a 2 stoke can go just as hard, it comes down to the rider.

Plus 2 stroke power band is hell lot of fun smile.gif

I take it you don't know how to 'ride' a two stroke properly then :lol:

Compare an RGV250 or aprillia RS250 to a CBR250RR :doh:

Why would you wanna keep it in the "BAND"? Because that's where it makes the 'most' power. Same as having a turbo'd car kept in the rev range near where it makes max torque/power/boost.

With the way most people ride, or 'think' they can ride, chances are what bike you have won't make much of a difference as to how quick you are.. unless you're talking about straight-line sweepers.

4 stroke > 2 stroke.

unless u have the time and dedication in maintaining a 2 stroke every weekend then goodluck.