Sign in to follow this  
ST41NS

Another Bike Learner

oh.. and www.netrider.com.au is a good site,

as is the SA bike site, www.ridingSA.com.au . owned and ran by south australians for south australians.

Yeh seems to me like it's not a wise idea anymore. Like yeh I can afford it, but I'm being told I shouldn't get one to RELY ON to get to and from work. To use on weekends sure no probs and I'll probably get one just for this still. And I may still ride a bike, but I gotta get a car first. Could get a piece of shit bomb and a bike and use car when weather is shit or need to do food shopping hehe.

mate of mine is currently in surgery. compound fractures in his leg. marion road 5:20pm tonight. unsure of what happened.

Mate if you can try to get 250cc + the 125cc would be fun to boot around town but if you going to do some serious distance the poor thing will start to sweat like a paedophile at wiggles concert.

Keep in mind if you looking in used market keep in mind that any thing around 20.000ks will be coming up close for new chain, sprockets, brakes, tyres and many more pricey surprises.

The KS aren’t real problem on most bike if maintained properly but you can use it to you advantage

when negotiating.

I put once over 40.000Ks on Cbr250rr and close to 70,000ks on my CBR1000RR I would still own it if not for work accident that rendered my spine almost useless, mate of my got over 340.000ks on one of his triumphs.

small capacity bikes = small kms on clock. i wouldnt buy any 125/250 with anything over 50,000km

Large capacity bikes on the other hand are safer a bit higher up.. but you still want sub 50,000km if you can.

my GSXR had 17,000 on it when i bought it. its got a few more more now ;)

my advice to anyone looking for a learners bike, dont ever, ever get a 125. you'll get bored of it in 3 weeks and then need to spend more money getting onto a 250 or lams restricted 600

is there any leaner legal dirt bikes that are worth their salt? good for a bit of off road/ light motocross?

everyone talks about the quickest learner legal road bike, anyone know the fastest dirt bike?

cheers

Edited by stupidlikeafox

heaps of them. you can legally ride a Yamaha WR450f on your learners basically a YZF moto-cross bike with lights, a slightly lower 1st gear and softer sprung suspension... will flog most/if not all learner road bikes off the line.. they top out at about ~150km/h.

Hyosung GTR650, blavk frame model (not the early series)..

Just be weary of who your buying from, you dont want to buy from someone thats learnt on the bike (amateurs tend to stamp on the gear lever, this bends shit.)

A mate got a worked silver frame model with 30k and decently worked for $4k.

Another mate got a black frame model with 40k but immac and owned by a older guy for same price, little slower but looked new.

Ill be buying a 2012 model.

^^ hyo's arent too bad.

I just picked up an '08 250gt Hyo.

Decent bike, but i couldnt imagine hanging onto it any longer than 6-12 months