Sign in to follow this  
neil_se

Neil's FD3S Sprint Car

Hey Neil it's looking good bro, good to see you back in an import!! Hopefully see you out at the track some time

man its coming together good, u painting it black hey? i wanna do my series one black too lol, what mods so far ?

No we're wrapping it in vinyl.

why did you decide to Vinyl wrap it instead of painting it? Economic? or you change your mind often?

I've got a signwriting business so the only cost for me is the materials and my staff can do it as they get time. The materials are more expensive than paint but there's no hassles like drop sheeting a shed, taking out lights, masking windows and rubbers, sanding, priming, paint runs, curing, clear coats, cleaning guns, etc, etc.

Man looks tuff as , keep the updates coming, but what of the engine at the moment ? what powerplant and bolt ons are happening with this thing ?

Mods are in the first post, I'll get it retuned in the coming weeks now that I've freed up the flow and fixed a few leaks.

Why did you do that to it( vinyl wrap) its a good job don't get me wrong but your was the first blue s14a I've ever liked

hey mate love your s14 like where its goin.

couple of questions, did you keep the hr coilovers and bought softer springs? was thinkin about doing this in mine as i find them too stiff.

and i've got the same c.e.s twin dump pipe and about to buy a hks gtrs, did the dump bolt up ok to that turbo? no issues with wastegate opening or anything silly.

thanks, thumbsup.gif

keep us updated will be watching this.

Your not wasting any time!!!

Car is looking good. I prefer the black over the blue. Car seems like it needs a kit to 'harden' it up lol

Why did you do that to it( vinyl wrap) its a good job don't get me wrong but your was the first blue s14a I've ever liked

The paint wasn't great up close, the roof was faded with peeling clear and the tops of the doors were going too, plus patches on the boot and lots of chips up front.

hey mate love your s14 like where its goin.

couple of questions, did you keep the hr coilovers and bought softer springs? was thinkin about doing this in mine as i find them too stiff.

and i've got the same c.e.s twin dump pipe and about to buy a hks gtrs, did the dump bolt up ok to that turbo? no issues with wastegate opening or anything silly.

thanks, thumbsup.gif

keep us updated will be watching this.

Yeah I put softer springs in with the HSDs. I haven't tried them yet but I just went for the proven 7/5 combo. The turbo and dump were in when I bought the car so I can't help you there sorry.

Your not wasting any time!!!

Car is looking good. I prefer the black over the blue. Car seems like it needs a kit to 'harden' it up lol

It won't be getting a kit as I want to keep it subtle and somewhat legal. I will fit a removable front lip with splitter and undertray, and rear wing but that's all I've got planned.

I've got a signwriting business so the only cost for me is the materials and my staff can do it as they get time. The materials are more expensive than paint but there's no hassles like drop sheeting a shed, taking out lights, masking windows and rubbers, sanding, priming, paint runs, curing, clear coats, cleaning guns, etc, etc.

Fair enough :)

Wrap is almost finished, just the tricky front bar to go. I've also paid for a C-West 1600mm long wing that I'll pick up in a fortnight.

babc78f6.jpg

U got any pics of the intake pipe? Where did you source it?

I got it off ebay USA, the casting inside is pretty rough, I'm not sure what the Apexi and HKS ones are like but this was about half the price. I've had to buy an extra 45 deg silicon bend to make it fit around the aircon pipes.

IMG_0227.jpg

Had a wheel alignment done today but I couldn't get as much camber on one side as I hoped (wanted 3.5, only got to 3). I think the lower half of the camber top might be backwards? The rears will need some work to tuck under, the fronts are alright but just rub a bit with compression at lock.

I sourced a 4.3 ratio today as well so I'll combine it with the S15 diff and install them in a few weeks.

I got it off ebay USA, the casting inside is pretty rough, I'm not sure what the Apexi and HKS ones are like but this was about half the price. I've had to buy an extra 45 deg silicon bend to make it fit around the aircon pipes.

IMG_0227.jpg

How much? Who was the seller?

Thx mate.... Need to get one for my z32.

I was able to give the car a short test at QR this morning and if found a few issues with tyre clearance and brake sponginess so I'll skip the sprints next weekend and aim to have it ready for the 20th April.

Hows this thing coming along now mate ? any more updates, also in regards to the wheels, u mentioned scrubbing, anything camber can fix at all ? and are you running spacers on this or not?

So whats the go with the vinyl wrap? How long does it last. Do you just treat it like normal paint in terms of cleaning etc?

nice car !

vinyl wrap is certainly interesting!

i've seen some MBs and BMWs vinyl wrapped before and it looked sweet!

The vinyl cleans just like you would paint, you've just got to be care not to scratch it gouge it as it's much softer than paint.

I've rolled the rear guards and raised the car up so it's 40mm lower than stock. This should solve the scrubbing and roll centre issues, plus I've ordered lower camber bolts so hopefully I can get -3.5 up front and -2.0 rear. I'll try to get the wheel alignment and braided brake lines fitted next week, then I need to swap a new gearbox in because the input shaft bearing is very noisy on this one.

I thought you'd be all penis-ed out after 2 weeks in Thailand checking out ladyboys?

Had the braided lines fitted today with full flush. Also had another wheel alignment and ended up with

FRONT

Camber -3.5

Toe +2mm

Caster 8 deg

REAR

Camber -2

Tow -2mm

Getting the gearbox swapped for a better one on Thursday.

Sign in to follow this