Sign in to follow this  
Jcook

Canberra projects

Hey guys noticed lately the ACT section is fair dead , so thought why not post a thread to see what projects people have going or builds that they are working on even dailys that are getting around canberra at the moment . Get some gossip going on about what you are doing and plan on doing to them !

So maybe post up a picture of what you have done ? what it looks like ?

Let us know what you plan on doing to it ?

What are you aiming for ?

( if mods dont appreciate this topic please feel free to delete it . )

Normally I'd delete it as the members' rides section serves the same purpose, but this may get some conversation happening in the section.

I deleted Scott's posts because they didn't read as though they were English.

My car parks so hard it sits in the garage and doesn't run.....

I was just thinking about starting a thread like this.

Here's a pic of my sil80

img8259m.jpg

Engine is now ready to go in, just need to wait for my mate to have some spare time hug2.gif

(Other than the s15 Silvia street/track mach (Need 2way diff, fmic fitted, ebc & tune) Always interested in parts etc for s15 so get at me if you got one.)

Im basically addicted to drifting, whether its in my s15, 3 wheeled huffy sliders, rc cars, dirtbikes., Im a cancer so i guess (crabs walk sideways).

Anyhow havnt hit the courtyard fora while with my RC drifter, but dead keen to get back into some late afternoon drift sessions.

Is there anyone out there who has a decent RC drifter that would be keen to come and slide some day? Ive got a cool ass courtyard that makes for some fun rc drifting, used to battle with a mate of mine and we would have hours of fun running door to door 1:10scale. Bit of electrical tape on the wheels and its magic on the pebble creet.

Also have the option of concrete grinding my rooftop and making an epic f1 style track up there for full blown rc drift day's.

ANyhow here' the lastest shell i painted, the old wrx 11-01d ready to rock and roll.

DSC00050.JPG

Good to see people took interest in this forum :) ,

-s14sx whats your plans mods wise ?

- nice niclol its looking good , i love the green on white im currently doing a blue on white look for mine ( if for any reason the engine has to come out it will be painted a cusco blue ) if you need a hand at all i would be keen to help out , always looking to learn about jap cars .

- caratgold15 should get some huffy drifting going i know some of the other guys on this forum have done it a few times we should start making it a meet ;) im buying one this weekend ! Never really gotten into rc drifting as most of my wage is going towards the car :) 2nd year rates arnt good enough to have 2 hobby's haha . But im sure there are some others that do it thumbsup.gif .

By the way just finished installing my Dual Blitz Electronic SBC and my z32 AFM . But it is definitely going to be a hard parker for a few months :(

Plans are Tomei m7960 low mounted running 250kw hoping mid this year i will have the car running perfect and using on a daily basis :)

My car parks so hard it sits in the garage and doesn't run.....

How is Maiden Sil's conversion going?

well i just bought another 180 few months ago but will be planning on getting it better/faster after i move back to canberra and get my wedding sorted :)

so far its stock besides tanabe g medallion exhaust and pod filter.

Daily Subaru;

Tien Coilovers

18×8.5 +36 Work Emotion XT7s

Various HKS shit

Prova Grilles

Pioneer Stereo gear

DSC00092.jpg

DSC00105.jpg

DSC00098.jpg

DSC00101.jpg

DSC00113.jpg

Project Subaru;

Whiteline Swaybars/Bushes/Strut braces/ALK/Diff mounts everything

STI alloy control arms front and back

STI Brembos front and back

R180 rear diff – Cusco 2 way

Cusco 2 way front diff

Custom Billstien coilovers front and rear

MY98 Interior

Earls braided lines fuel front to back

Bosch Fuel pumps

Overflow fuel tank

Vipec Ecu

STI 6 Speed Gearbox

Cusco 2 plate clutch

Cusco light weight flywheel

Eboost2 EBC

Haltech CDI

GTR Ignition Ballast

Custom engine loom

Custom 3 inch dump and front pipe

Custom 3 inch alloy full exhaust

Probably a zillion other things I cant remember

26082010027.jpg

26082010026.jpg

26082010025.jpg

I will probably never touch again unless I get lots of money Silvia. Big SR20DE build (cams, computer, intake, intake plenum, head work etc), 2 way, coils etc.

18042009002.jpg

18042009001.jpg

Wil... u have a car that drives???

i cant talk, my V8 conversion is about to hit 2.5 years :( which is fu cked considering Mick and i got the motor and gearbox mounted in a weekend !!!

at the moment, the car is sitting doing nothing... it has been primed and tai and i will finish painting it shortly... then back to neil to finish wiring in the ecu, shorten the rear half of the tail shaft and then boogie !!!!

if i had the time and money, after this one, id be starting on a mid mount VQ30DET 180... now that would be awesome !!

Wil... u have a car that drives???

i cant talk, my V8 conversion is about to hit 2.5 years :( which is fu cked considering Mick and i got the motor and gearbox mounted in a weekend !!!

at the moment, the car is sitting doing nothing... it has been primed and tai and i will finish painting it shortly... then back to neil to finish wiring in the ecu, shorten the rear half of the tail shaft and then boogie !!!!

if i had the time and money, after this one, id be starting on a mid mount VQ30DET 180... now that would be awesome !!

Haha, like you ever finish a project before getting bored and selling up. Me you and James are all suckers. Bought the B4 cause I was getting over it all and wanted something normal to drive around, sold the AE86, the BSA chopper, the XS650 chopper, the Subaru Legacy and the lancer. Im getting old and sensible.

my ke70 panelvan project-had this about 2 months now,coming along nicely..

P1020014.jpg

P1020076.jpg

P1020152.jpg

P1020124.jpg

my sprinter(for sale!)

P1020087.jpg

my s14a silvia i had sitting at home in ireland,sold it 2 weeks ago when i was home on holidays

ke70018.jpgke70023.jpg

ke70021.jpg

yeah, i'll finish this one.... one day... when its painted, i'll chuck some pics up... at the moment, it doesn't look like much as its in pieces

Well most of you will laugh or call me insane, but my project is to put an SR into my pride and joy of old (its looking a bit sorry there)

Untitled_702x600.jpg

Its Peugeot 504. They are a rear wheel drive setup, using independant suspension all round and in total weighs about 1100kgs. They were always very underpowered, hence the conversion.

Onces it done, panel beaten straight again and painted it should be a very nice car. Its just going to be for the road (have a silvia for track fun!)

In other news me and Steve bought a replacement silvia for our christmas eve write-off. But more on that later.

I'm loving both your cars John84ie humpy.gif

How come I never see cars like that driving around in Canberra?

cheers,well i daily the panelvan and sprinter so ya mite see me some day,make sure and flash or wave!thumb.gif

John i have seen both your cars buzzing around ! they are great to look at, love the panel van on jap rims looks real tough in person !

@steve-its on carsales.com.au,search sprinter

@jcook,cheers man,give a flash next time

Jcook: Plans for the s14a ummm engine wise either going for HP or just quick response driven car

Nothing happening at the moment, waiting for parts to arrive from Japan.

I thought they normally come overnight? Or is that just in the movies? :whistle:

I thought they normally come overnight? Or is that just in the movies? :whistle:

Nah thats just the twin wastegates

Well it looks as if I am about to start a project aswell. After 5 years of abuse my sil finally let go a week or so ago. Seems I have wiped a big end bearing. As with everyone else the car is getting old and was a bit unsure of what to do. In the end I have decided to buy a daily driver and make the silvia a weekend/track car. So plan on going in with a 2way, swaybars and a new clutch. As for the engine was able to get a second hand Sr20 for pretty cheap (right place, right time). Did investigate a rebuild but after a short amount of time I found out I am able to get 3-4 second hand SR's for the cost of a full rebuild.

Well it looks as if I am about to start a project aswell. After 5 years of abuse my sil finally let go a week or so ago. Seems I have wiped a big end bearing. As with everyone else the car is getting old and was a bit unsure of what to do. In the end I have decided to buy a daily driver and make the silvia a weekend/track car. So plan on going in with a 2way, swaybars and a new clutch. As for the engine was able to get a second hand Sr20 for pretty cheap (right place, right time). Did investigate a rebuild but after a short amount of time I found out I am able to get 3-4 second hand SR's for the cost of a full rebuild.

No good to hear man , its good that your right on top of it and keeping in the scene , does this mean your going to thrash it a bit harder thumbsup.gif

will you be keeping it rego'ed moose?

Yeah plan is to keep it rego'ed at the moment as all the stuff in Canberra (hillclimb, motorkhana, skidpan etc) all require car to be rego'ed.

Also if I took the rego off it and made it a pure track car it would sit in the garage 340 odd days a year and that would make me sad.