Sign in to follow this  
Siddr20

Random Picture Thread

Ive been wanting to do this ever since I got my camera (around a month and a bit ago).

Still with an on camera flash ... but happy with my first droplet biggrin.gif

dsc1625u.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

WOW wicked shot man.

Got specs on camera and lens?

More!

x2!!! that looks awesome!

Thanks guys :) Great to get good feedback since I'm very new at this. Yes I wasn't really expecting to get a half decent shot with the equipment i had...

Its a 50mm 1.8 lens - on camera flash out in daylight... F8, ISO 200, 1/100th of a sec shutter speed. Took about 7-8 attempts but I got this, and after a couple of adjustments in photoshop it looked like that. Obviously i've seen MUCH MUCH better water droplet shots but I like it for my first attempt :P

Cheers again!

Mr RB, dog is a pure Maltese. About 12 weeks old.

Willis, I only noticed that burn out shot now, farrrrrrrrrrrrk... awesome shot man! print it and see how it looks on paper. i reckon it would suit some print action.

I got back from the clipsal 500 yesterday, I was working on one of the fujitsu cars basically around the clock so i didn't have a whole heap of time to snap happy, but i did manage to get a couple of really nice shots. I'll post up once i get a chance to check them on an actual screen.

Here's the only one I've got on a computer, and it's 100% straight from camera. No touchups or adjustments.

_csc7504b.jpg

If you're bored, or half interested you can have a look at the team I was helping out here... Sieders Racing Team

I'm glad you approve mate :D

Here's my last shot from Wakefield SAU vs RENEW day. POP POP!

5549404455_7d1bfa067c_b.jpg

Hey Guys, dont know if this is the right place or not. But this is my first photoshop wallpaper ive made.

Hope ya like it! :)

resized.jpg

Thanks mate,

I know what your saying, but I figured that 90% of my wallpapers are going to end up being really dark doomsday/flames/explosions and stuff. So ill start out with something 'light' :P

here's the last 2 from Dave's photoshoot. :D

Thoughts/comments/feedback welcome!

5567720590_2b9b67d2d8_b.jpg

5567136019_5a65fe2314_b.jpg

The other half is applying for some fashion week to be one of the make up artists in sydney, I assissted her by taking a shot of two for the application, Ive never shot this sort of thing before so some constructive criticism would be lovely!

5574057062_bb2839b62f_b.jpg

Sidd would be the modelling man to ask... the only things i noticed with my amateur eyes... 1) Try to make her body lines clearly straight, or clearly curved. Not in the between (her hand). Same as her eyes, maybe get her to look at the camera for a connection, or if she's not looking at the camera turn her head so it's obvious the eyes aren't the centre of attention. Does this sound about right sidd? Flame the f**k of out me if I'm wrong :P just thought i'd value add hehe.

one from my clipsal adventure.

5573357303_51c983ccbc_b.jpg

Sidd would be the modelling man to ask... the only things i noticed with my amateur eyes... 1) Try to make her body lines clearly straight, or clearly curved. Not in the between (her hand). Same as her eyes, maybe get her to look at the camera for a connection, or if she's not looking at the camera turn her head so it's obvious the eyes aren't the centre of attention. Does this sound about right sidd? Flame the f**k of out me if I'm wrong tongue.gif just thought i'd value add hehe.

one from my clipsal adventure.

5573357303_51c983ccbc_b.jpg

cheers bud, ill take it all in strides for next time i try! I think your right though...I really know nothing about this area of photography!

Awesome shot of the car too!

Birthday present from the missus...a drawing of my car done by a family friend!

196949_10150501556210437_581455436_17904988_2745963_n.jpg

5571208061_9edf18384e_z.jpg

Yoplait???

as in the yogurt? lol

was some of the guards at the imperial palace tokyo

stewie, do you have a second strobe? if so maybe chuck it behind her to highlight her hair a bit (rim light)? http://www.shortcour.../using6-15.html

she also seems just a tad on the dark side, but could just be the dark background. least she isnt overblown at all, no shiny white bits.

still a great shot tho dude. and at least you have the confidence to photograph people, if its not my kids i find it hard to point a camera at someone, lol.

not at the moment man :( i really want to buy some more gear, and a proper backdrop setup! Well hoping this makeup thing goes well for the missus and that could help with getting me some more practice in this area!

Ive never really had the confidence, haha it was just helping out the gf, she enjoyed having the shots of her taking it seemed though :)

Been doing some club photo's lately for fun, so went out last night to do some landscape stuff, and came up with this little ripper.. :P

nice114of20.jpg

Birthday present from the missus...a drawing of my car done by a family friend!

196949_10150501556210437_581455436_17904988_2745963_n.jpg

impressive!!

good to see alot of posts! Great capture blind_injustice! And yes just slight adjustments with the portrait shot and it would be even better, background lighting, lighting to highlight the hair line as suggested and a fill light on the right perhaps? What aperture value did you use? click it down a bit to get more in focus as there are some areas out of focus (judging by the pic, youre not going for that little out of focus look).

got an off camera flash FINALLY ! so thought i'd give a couple of things a go -

drop3.jpg

dsc2017y.jpg

Great photos jay.

cheers man. they are almost a year old now tho. i should go through them all at some stage, just hard finding the time really.

that shot of yours is awesome! 1.8 i take it? im trying to work out what it is? a grill of some kind?

It's lynx shower loofah lol. Its kinda hard to guess what it is. I used my 18-55 with a reverse marco adapter.

Awesome shoots manisyndrom.

harris scarfes is moving apparently, they only closed down there as the building has been sold and will be knocked down..apparently moving to the upper levels at gawler place, above jb hifi.

Thanks :) i'm actually getting alot better images with only 2x extension tubes connected instead of all three. less zoom but better pics / easier to take. Obviously the flash is helping alot more.

p.s. i know the cropping is pretty shyt house :P

newout9999999998.jpg

Sign in to follow this