Sign in to follow this  
justinw58

Chassis straightening

Hey guys,

I am after a workshop in ACT who is capable of straightening chassis. any recommendations?? Thanks.

David Hand Smash Repair, Lyle Street in Fyshwick.

Talk to the old bloke Dave himself, hes a cool dude

^^ Seconded. I took the ceffy there some time ago after a decent front end hit. They stuck it on the jig & pulled it straight it for $1100.

Depending on what's bent depends on whether they'll do it or not though so keep that in mind.

Canberra Bodyworks in Queanbeyan has a bit of kit that you drive the car onto, bolt the car to at a couple of points and then a computer program straightens the whole thing out with hydraulic presses...

I think it was called a Car-O-Liner....

http://www.paintandpanel.com.au/archive/canberra-bodyworks

I would not recommend David hand smash repairs due to a recent bad experience.

Edited by heylryn

Canberra Bodyworks in Queanbeyan has a bit of kit that you drive the car onto, bolt the car to at a couple of points and then a computer program straightens the whole thing out with hydraulic presses...

I think it was called a Car-O-Liner....

http://www.paintandp...berra-bodyworks

yeh we use the car o liner at wor kits the best out there

I would not recommend David hand smash repairs due to a recent bad experience.

Elaborate.

I've had nothing but good experiences with the place.

I've sent 3 cars there;

My original 180, kit painted, fitted and looked tip top

My Onevia - kit painted, fitted and rest of the car prepped and painted...

The daily has had scratched touched up and came up perfectly...

Nothing but praise for the man ans his team.

I will not say anything about it outside of PM's.

They do have excellent customer service and are highly amicable people.

I will not say anything about it outside of PM's.

They do have excellent customer service and are highly amicable people.

Hayley can you PM me or ask Alby to let me know the deal at work next week.

If you were in NSW i would say Willy Made Customs, took my S15 there for the same thing came out perfect.

I know this thread is a little old, but my S14 is at Supreme Smash in Fyshwick at the moment being straightened. They've been extremely easy to deal with, didn't have any qualms about working on an import like every other shop I rang.

I think Pinchy was just trying to get his post count up.

"_R_J_K_" has the shop found you a panel? I've still got that one here :thumbsup:

well on the topic of getting post count up, why not give un update on the situation.... took to to all dents automotive in mitchell, they did a great job and great to deal with.

"_R_J_K_" has the shop found you a panel? I've still got that one here :thumbsup:

Yea, dropped them an email and they said they had one on the way. I would have taken yours straight away if I wasn't in Sydney that week. I'm hoping it will be done within the next two weeks.

haha how did you know, nah I was actually being genuine on that I wasn't expecting much cause I got in contact with them through my dad who in realistic terms barely knows how to turn a car on but they were great contacted me when they needed parts and told me what they could get them for asked me if i could get them cheaper threw in freebies here and there to help me out and did things i didnt even need all and all awesome guys over at Willy Made Customs i would never usually recommend anyone but they are great at what they do and i will continue to take all my work over there.

The english language is a wonderful thing, simply because it has the required punctuation to enable users to know when there is a required pause, end of sentence, or simply the end of a thought process.

You should investigate the implementation of the following;

. - Full Stop

, - Comma

In addition, you should investigate the use of paragraphs, they do make things slightly easier to read.

Just incase you can't read the above;

The english language is a wonderful thing simply because it has the required punctuation to enable users to know when there is a required pause end of sentence or simply the end of a thought process you should investigate the implementation of the following full stop comma in addition you should investigate the use of paragraphs they do make things slightly easier to read.

Over the past 2 years has anyone else, or previous people ran into a good shop that can straighten out a chassis? Or are you all still sticking with your choices.

Yep bump from, me, any recommendations? Mine is out by about 15mm on one side, only noticed when I got new wheels, and tried to get a wheel alignment! How about DIY? using a chain and a tree?

The english language is a wonderful thing, simply because it has the required punctuation to enable users to know when there is a required pause, end of sentence, or simply the end of a thought process.

Yep bump from, me, any recommendations?

Dude, don't go overkill...