Sign in to follow this  
slws14

S14 BUILT MOTOR GT2871R DYNO RESULT

Just thought i would post my dyno result and setup for future reference if it would come handy to anyone building something similar

Nissan S14 1995 model sr20det

Cp forged pistons 20thou over 8:5.1 comp

Carrillo A beam conrods

Tomei solid pro cams 260deg inlt&exhaust tomei sold lifters with adjustable tomei gears

Port and polished head / Tomei super grommet head gasket 1.2mm

Arp mainstuds/ head studs/ acl race series bearings

Gt2871r 52t .64 turbocharger internal gate/ tomei expreme exhaust manifold

Greddy power extreme II exhaust with a cusco 3inch front pipe 3.5inch metal cat

Hks type S intercooler

740cc nismo injectors, tomei fuel pump 270ltr

Modified factory airbox with bmc panel

Apexi power fc ecu

Exedy HHHDB clutch

Trent for status tuning in dandenong tuned the setup and i personally cant be happier with his service A1. The car recently trapped 118mph at calderpark so its not a happy dyno figure.

271.6RWK.JPG

Edited by slws14

Your lucky man! I have a very similar setup almost identical in everyway, even tuned by trent.

Cp forged pistons 20thou over 9:1 comp

Brian Crower conrods

Brian Crower cams 264deg inlt&exhaust tomei sold lifters with adjustable tomei gears

Gt2871r 52t .64 turbocharger internal gate/ STOCKO exhaust manifold

AM performance Straight through Exhaust with NO cats or mufflers etc

Blitz CS Intercooler

Apexi Pod

Apexi power fc ecu

And i made 232kw with 480Nm of torque. So you got lucky man cause mine cant hold boost (common for some t2871r) I am putting a HKS actuator on next week and hope to see some more KW and NM gains.

Just thought i would post my dyno result and setup for future reference if it would come handy to anyone building something similar

Carrillo A beam conrods

Tomei solid pro cams 260deg inlt&exhaust tomei sold lifters with adjustable tomei gears

Hks type S intercooler

Apexi power fc ecu

Exedy HHHDB clutch

Trent for status tuning in dandenong tuned the setup and i personally cant be happier with his service A1. The car recently trapped 118mph at calderpark so its not a happy dyno figure.

271.6RWK.JPG

That's unreal, almost hard to believe as I've never seen a 52t crack over 250 rwkw! I was doubtful about a GT2860RS pushing 240+ rwkw unless on e85. Is this running e85? If not, I'm just speechless...

What PSI are you running and when do you hit full boost?

52 trim making 270rwkw... what was your quarter mile time?

It's a hub dyno people remember that.

Good results nonetheless :).

Ben

Carrillo A beam conrods

Hks type S intercooler

Apexi power fc ecu

Exedy HHHDB clutch

271.6RWK.JPG

Very Nice dude

Interested to know your quarter time too, since I trapped 113mph with only 205 or so killerwasps. Different gearing / final drive I guess

Thanks Donny :) Was good speaking with ya while we where waiting for Trent. Dj unlimited i had issues controlling boost also the HKS actuators are POS i am running an 18psi garrett unit atm holds boost to redline. I ran a 12.7 @ 118mph with a crap 2.2 60ft. It would run a high 11 maybe mid if it was auto and got a good launch. I am running it again next week at heathcote i will keep you guys posted.

Edited by slws14

What actuators are recommended if slws14 claims they are POS?

I know the standard Garrett's have problems holding much boost over 1 bar unless you have the high-PSI actuator from Garrett.

The HKS actuator didn't hold much boost over stock, still had issues with the boost bleeding off in the top end. The 18psi garrett unit fixed that problem.

congrats guys!

insane power and setup !!

donny and trent sure are killing it down there in vic !!!!

we are doing a 52T 2871R on a nitto 2.2L stroker next week - made 245rwkw without the stroker so will be interesting to see :D

i dont know about the 270rwkw figure as i only have 209rwkw and my trap speeds at the 1/4 mile are 116mph with a 12.8 sec pass so either unigroup engineering has a very low reading dyno or that dyno is happy

i have same turbo gt2871r 52t .64 rear

my sr20 s14 1996 with 245 783kms

no cams no forged or any internal work

15.3psi =215.2rwkw>515nm

full boost at 3700rpm

no e85

i was wondering why none of u guys have decent torque figers

even b4 mine was tuned std comp std afm made 222rwkw>616nm at 21psi full boost at 3900rpm

just wondering

This turbo is now for sale guys if any one is interested, i am upgrading to a tomei ARMS8270 chasing 300rwk heheheheh. $1050 with a 18psi garrett actuator turbo is in perfect condition only covered 30,000ks used in my daily s14.

launches dont affect max speed in 400m but times only outright power will affect top end speed in 400m

The turbo is rated at 400hp at the flywheel. My car made 270rwk which is 360hp at the wheels add the 10% drive terrain loss guess what guys 396HP lol. My setup just had the ability to extract the maximum amount of power out of the turbo. You cant just throw a set of cams in with an ecu and expect to max it out. It comes down to the tuner and setup. I had my car tuned twice by two so called reputable workshops all they could squeeze out of it was 200rwk. They kept insisting the turbo was to small i new it was bs. Soon as trent tuned it from stauts/chequred tuning bang made the power it was suppose to.

The turbo is rated at 400hp at the flywheel. My car made 270rwk which is 360hp at the wheels add the 10% drive terrain loss guess what guys 396HP lol. My setup just had the ability to extract the maximum amount of power out of the turbo. You cant just throw a set of cams in with an ecu and expect to max it out. It comes down to the tuner and setup. I had my car tuned twice by two so called reputable workshops all they could squeeze out of it was 200rwk. They kept insisting the turbo was to small i new it was bs. Soon as trent tuned it from stauts/chequred tuning bang made the power it was suppose to.

Nice work, I've heard good things about Tomei turbos but have you considered the Apexi IHI or even the new Garrett Billet GTX3071R?

The Tomei ARMS 8270 is a bolt on kit which still looks like a factory turbo internal gate ect. If i didn't care about the engine bay looking stock i would run a high mount 650hp turbo external ect. The new GTX3071r looks impressive the compressor flows more than the 3076. But you need to ideally run a high mount manifold external ect plus it would be expensive. Only down side to the ARMS 8270 still uses journal bearings but a shit load of RND went into the design of these unit to match up to the sr20 so i am hoping it work well.

Edited by slws14

Ah if you want a stock under the hood look then I see.

I'd be making sure that it's as good as the Trust T518z, I'm not sure how they match up but if it's as good then you've made the right choice :thumb:.

Carrillo A beam conrods

Hks type S intercooler

Apexi power fc ecu

Exedy HHHDB clutch

271.6RWK.JPG

got any pics of your biuld

If the actuator cant hold boost, why not weld the gate shut and go for external gate setup?

Awesome setup btw.

The Tomei ARMS 8270 is a bolt on kit which still looks like a factory turbo internal gate ect. If i didn't care about the engine bay looking stock i would run a high mount 650hp turbo external ect. The new GTX3071r looks impressive the compressor flows more than the 3076. But you need to ideally run a high mount manifold external ect plus it would be expensive. Only down side to the ARMS 8270 still uses journal bearings but a shit load of RND went into the design of these unit to match up to the sr20 so i am hoping it work well.

I have that same turbo, the ARMS 8270. I also have a similar motor to yours. Mine should be getting tuned within a week i'll post results and see how it goes. :thumbsup:

It can be done

My Drift car has stock engine with drop in Nitto camshafts, 740cc injectors, Walbro pump, Haltech, GReddy plenum with Hypertune TB and GT2871R on X-Froce Manifold with Turbosmart External Gate plmubed in and makes 250rwkW on 17psi with pump fuel and backed it up with a wheelspinning 13-flat on bald tyres ( on our runway) but at 118mph!!

Good work man

shit 13 flat with 250rwkw i got a 13.2 @108mph with only 182 rwkw now a 12.8 with 209rwkw @ 116mph with a shit launch bogged down 2.2 60ft

And on a (concrete?) runway, which isn't going to be as grippy as a rubber coated drag strip.

Good results though, I've got a friend looking to make 4039303597hp with his 2871 .86 a/r, so good to see he'll get somewhere towards that goal. I would like to see the E85 results, but I suppose when most people are throwing E85 at a problem, they're throwing GT35's and other serious gear at it too. (Donny get to work)

10% is 40 not 4....

if 360 = 90%, then 100% = 400. He's subtracting 10% from 400, and getting 360. It is just approximations, but what he's saying is feasible.