Sign in to follow this  
mr_crust

Got caught with a radar detector

But wouldn't they have to give a good reason to suspect you have a firearm? Not just cos they say so, eg priors or something

From my experience, 'reasonable suspicion' is not a high hurdle to jump for them.

I've been told "We're searching your car because YOU, in this AREA, with this CAR, look like a drug dealer."

Pretty reasonable that an asian guy driving a jap import in dandenong is probably a drug dealer? ...

I would ask them to proove it works

if it does not work or detect anything how could they get you for it sort of like me putting a rock on my dashboard and writing raider stopper super number 1 on it LOL

if it does not work or detect anything how could they get you for it sort of like me putting a rock on my dashboard and writing raider stopper super number 1 on it LOL

You're askin for jailtime with that one

If I read correctly, op did use it in his driveway and it works yes?

In that case, you go to court amd have a lawyer, go with the fact it does work, but also swing along the grounds of "it wasn't hooked up" and say you found it at a tip or something.

And ps where can I get one :)

You're askin for jailtime with that one

I disagree, I think if we had a good way of stopping raiders, then the police would be all for it...

Is it one of those "undetectable" ones?

Why the fk didn't u conceal it?

These things are gold, if they weren't that expensive I'd get one.

The good ones are worth about 2gz

Too much cash to lose risking especially if it gets confiscated, along with anything else u cop

The good ones can be concealed so well they could be almost impossible to find with a good install

In that case, you go to court amd have a lawyer, go with the fact it does work, but also swing along the grounds of "it wasn't hooked up" and say you found it at a tip or something.

Whether is it plugged in or not is irrelevent. Possession is the offence. It still has to be proven it is an operational radar detector, but that is a simple thing to do.

Whether is it plugged in or not is irrelevent. Possession is the offence. It still has to be proven it is an operational radar detector, but that is a simple thing to do.

I personally walked through customs with this when i brought this from overseas and customs cleared this into the state of victoria, therefore if it is legal to bring it in, so how can if be an offense to possess one?

i could have kept the radar and not handed it over and brough it home and stripepd it so it was only an empty case and taken it to court and plead innocent but i done the right thing and handed it over to the police and dont want any further issues

I personally walked through customs with this when i brought this from overseas and customs cleared this into the state of victoria, therefore if it is legal to bring it in, so how can if be an offense to possess one?

i could have kept the radar and not handed it over and brough it home and stripepd it so it was only an empty case and taken it to court and plead innocent but i done the right thing and handed it over to the police and dont want any further issues

I should clarify, I actually should say it is possession of the radar detector in a vehicle that is the offence. It can just be sitting in the glovebox or in a bag, not plugged in.

You caould have kept it. I dont know what Victorian legislation says, but in NSW if you refuse to surrender the fine is the same monetary penalty and possessing it.

there's is no jail time for radar detectors. idk what you guys are reading but the only punishment options are fines and a loss of demerit points.

though, a lawyer is highly recommended.