sharkey

The Heavy Music Thread

Hadnt seen PWD for over 3 years, still put on a real good live show, pit hasnt changed haha. Cept the fact the broke a guitar mid-set, lame :/

^^ Yeah and a lot of noobs wearing the new school PWD t-shirts and thinking it some heavy metal show.

If only they knew back in the day, it was all about the Hardcore / Metalcore.

Slam Pits have gotten soft.

All the so called "Hardcore Crews" that come to shows, use to throwdown, either they don't bother or they throwdown at other Hardcore / Metalcore bands now.

Noobs these days just push and shove all the way up front and the occasional circle pit...

cant beleive no one has mentioned meshuggah. the guitar rythms are tricky as hell to get ur head around and they just sound so brutal with 8 string guitars. Best metal drummer in the business.

heres a couple off their latest album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc98u-eGzlchttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc98u-eGzlc

the guitar riffs at 1.08 and 1.54 in obzen r crazy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVyH597paQYhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVyH597paQY

dont know why its double posting the videos

^^ Yeah and a lot of noobs wearing the new school PWD t-shirts and thinking it some heavy metal show.

All the so called "Hardcore Crews" that come to shows, use to throwdown, either they don't bother or they throwdown at other Hardcore / Metalcore bands now.

Noobs these days just push and shove all the way up front and the occasional circle pit...

/dissagree so much

what do you mean occasional circle pit

saw pwd this year, and it was constant circle pit with constant hardcore smashing in the middle of the circle pit.

went for the entire set and as rough as anything

must have seen some shit gigs?

and last time i saw meshugga it was 3 gay *milkshakes* dancing and the rest of the crowd was 40 yr old pot heads spaced the f**k out just standing there.

gay as aids

/dissagree so much

saw pwd this year, and it was constant circle pit with constant hardcore smashing in the middle of the circle pit.

and last time i saw meshugga it was 3 gay *milkshakes* dancing and the rest of the crowd was 40 yr old pot heads spaced the f**k out just standing there.

gay as aids

unlucky for u on that meshuggah gig

there is a lot of difference between hardcore shows and pwd shows...

straight up hardcore like verse, comeback kid, have heart and 50 lions is where you see the real hardcore kids come out.

even though 50 lions are a bit bigger for the face their singer is winton's (pwd's singers) brother.

pwd you see fags hate moshing and thinking they're cool.

slamming and 2 step is where it all starting with real hardcore music.

not this stupid metal-core music.

no offense, i just hate metal-core lol

I use to play in a hardcore band and it was so hard getting shows... it's so underground in Aus these days because no-one really listens to it.

Which kinda sucks.

/dissagree so much

gay as aids

Yeah I should have said I last saw PWD at an All Ages show laugh.gif

New school fags everywhere in the "PARKWAY DRIVE" t-shits.

Over Age show still bring out some true Hardcore ppl.

straight up hardcore like verse, comeback kid, have heart and 50 lions is where you see the real hardcore kids come out.

even though 50 lions are a bit bigger for the face their singer is winton's (pwd's singers) brother.

I use to play in a hardcore band and it was so hard getting shows... it's so underground in Aus these days because no-one really listens to it.

Which kinda sucks.

I think PWD started out Hardcore and merged onto Metalcore.

You into Hardcore like Terror / Madball / Her Nightmare / Anchors / Hoods..?

I like Metalcore :D August Burns Red in particular and Heaven Shall Burn but I think they are more Deathcore.

Yeah, our underground Hardcore scene is kinda small, nothing compared to USA / UK / EUR.

I guess the more ppl we see at Hardcore shows the better for us in AUS, even if it means the new school fags come out, atleast there are ppl at shows...

The true Hardcore ppl with just jave to shoe'em what it's all about laugh.gif

Which kinda sucks.

Disagree again. Only seen pwd once but the pits were rougher than comeback kids.

So much hate for pwd. Yet they smashed every other gig I've been too.

Can't believe no one into death metal posted any of these three :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8Ni8zj8ZgE

Cryptopsy.. Only good with Lord Worm fronting, so "None so Vile" and "Once was not".. but those two albums

MORE than make up for the other failures. Their drummer makes my head implode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPw0JUptfUM

Ahh.. Gorguts. Their album obscura is different from anything I have ever heard before. And have heard since. Borders on unlistenable, but to me

it is a logical extension of technical death metal.

AND FINALLY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzdFTth68pM

AKERCOCKE. Not my favourite song by them, but it has a video clip. One of the most inventive and varied death/black/metal/music in general acts. Saw them live a couple of

years ago, one of the best nights of my life hearing them blast out their music in real time.

Edited by doommachine

yeah but parkway pits and hardcore pits are so different

yea...

except...

They aren't.

they kinda are dude....

been going to shows since i was 15

i don't think you know what i mean by hardcore though.... im talking about straight up hardcore

by hardcore i am referring to music that has NO breakdowns.

Real hardcore shows are about the small venue, stage diving and pits only 2 meters from stage.

No pricks hate moshing, everyone is just there to cut sick and have a bit of fun, if someone goes down hurt or someone crosses the line into individual targeting, they dont last

PWD and bigger bands put on mint shows, but it just doesnt have the same 'romance' of smaller shows.

still remember old school parkway gigs, being able to stage dive only a few meters from the band, fecking mint :)

they kinda are dude....been going to shows since i was 15i don't think you know what i mean by hardcore though.... im talking about straight up hardcoreby hardcore i am referring to music that has NO breakdowns.

Been going to shows since I was 14.

We're both 17..

I've been to both types of concert/show loads.

Real hardcore shows are about the small venue, stage diving and pits only 2 meters from stage.No pricks hate moshing, everyone is just there to cut sick and have a bit of fun, if someone goes down hurt or someone crosses the line into individual targeting, they dont lastPWD and bigger bands put on mint shows, but it just doesnt have the same 'romance' of smaller shows.still remember old school parkway gigs, being able to stage dive only a few meters from the band, fecking mint :)

I understand that there's a differece of 'atmosphere'.

Speaking from experience.

The hardcore gigs are not rougher though.

And that 'atmosphere', the 'romance' can be had with different metal genres in the same venues.

Hardcore doesn't have some mystical quality. It's just another music. Open your eyes Sharkster.

Suppose that comes down to personal preference.

the smaller shows are much more intimate, with much closer interaction with a much smaller crowd.

and they are the ones i remember most, with that-

'Hey i saw these guys when they had a pit of 10.... now its a pit of 300...'

hardcore gigs are defs not rougher, just a lot more of an energetic atmosphere in general, much more movement.

Yeah there bass player and singer are stiffs

Sorry but I dont know what you mean by 'stiffs'??

I wipe my shit to there music

do you play in a band?

have we met?

Jtgk

oh, who are you?

didn't know any of them where in to cars....

Any recommendations for decent new bands? By 'decent' I mean none of this modern screamo shit.