sharkey

The Heavy Music Thread

Just picked up the new Five Star Prison Cell album. Each album of theirs simply gets better and shows their talent. Here's the only song from the album that currently has a filmclip.

not really my type of music... but they're fair talented!

just like Mr Bungle and Frankenbok. feels like they are being wierd for the sake of it. Like they set out with a mission of creating randomness.

kind of cool though

Just picked up the new Five Star Prison Cell album. Each album of theirs simply gets better and shows their talent. Here's the only song from the album that currently has a filmclip.
not really my type of music... but they're fair talented!

Sounds to me like karnivool mated with system of a down and then got some random metal vocals.

Interesting, if you like that.

I love the drums in it.

^ Interesting description, I've never heard or thought of them as being anything like Karnivool, but if this is the first Five Star song you've heard then I can see the link due to this being one of the more 'melodic' and mellow songs on the album. The album this is from (their 3rd) has gone back to be a little more like the first in that the songs have more timing changes and more melody.

First album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrIJ-fyWAOk

Second album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y8sB_NatRQ

/whoring

So I saw Despised Icon / Thy Art Is Murder / Red Shore last Thursday in Melbourne at the Hi Fi Bar and was f**king epic with blast beats / break downs and guitar shreds. thumbsup.gif

Anyone else see this tour Despised Icon did around AUS?

It is the 1st and last time in AUS as Despised Icon are calling it quits after years of Deathcore mayhem!

Really not a despised icon person but each to their own. Love red shore though O.o

my old band played with Despised Icon/The Red Shore/Thy Art

wish i didn't quit so soon, then i would of got to play the show :(

i offered to fill in for the show but they where kents haha

and i sold all my guitar equipment :/

Nice find Spazo, i'm liking what I hear!

Evergreen Terrace... /end thread :D :D

^ Yeah liking it as well!

If anyone still buys music, Nuclear Blast are doing some great deals at the moment.

I stocked up and got 4 Soilwork albums and 4 Mnemic ones.

http://store.nuclearblastusa.com/BrowseByArtist

Most around $10. Some under that. Got one of the Mnemic albums for like $2.80 which is crazy.

Beats paying $25+ for a lot of the international acts at JB HiFi etc

^ I'd f**king hope people still buy music when it comes to quality new bands or lesser known artists. I use the net to find new music & artists I like then go buy their album as I don't like the idea of taking the food out of their mouths so to speak. That said, I couldn't give 2 shits if people download Rihanna or Katy Perry as they'll make more than enough from the legions of halfwits on this earth to cover a few thousand illegal downloads.

^ I'd f**king hope people still buy music when it comes to quality new bands or lesser known artists. I use the net to find new music & artists I like then go buy their album as I don't like the idea of taking the food out of their mouths so to speak. That said, I couldn't give 2 shits if people download Rihanna or Katy Perry as they'll make more than enough from the legions of halfwits on this earth to cover a few thousand illegal downloads.

Yeah I'm the same. It gets annoying when the mainstream shit gets supported but a lot of people with real talent get forgotten about.

Nice find Spazo, i'm liking what I hear!

Yeah I been thrashing those tracks for a few days, I reckon they're great.

Had a bit of a suss, it turns out that Acle dude from Tesseract actually mixed their EP, and you can d/l here for free.

http://music.stealingaxion.com/

I'm loving all these progish metal bands that are coming out lately e.g periphery, AAL, Tesseract, these guys... you can see they're all drawing from the same core influences but they're feeding off each other too.

a video of me over a year ago, i was 16 at the time!

i wasn't that good back then but meh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdoIAyOBPCw

and a video of my old band in the studio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBKcyHy7LFc

solo isn't the actually the solo i used in the song, the one in the video is a bit out of key haha

mmm it's ok... not my type of heavy music though.

vocals have effects on them lol

still cool and i think they're aussie too

Post Hardcore / Electro...

Kinda like Enter Shikari / Attack Attack.

It can get kinda catchy, the type of music you "hate to love" but you still listen to it... laugh.gif

It can get kinda catchy, the type of music you "hate to love" but you still listen to it... laugh.gif

They're nothing like enter shikai or attack attack

Are you high?

Not a fan.

I find the whole modern hardcore genre very cliched and formulaic. Intro, verse about overcoming adversity, blast beat before breakdown, grunt, self reflective chorus and that f**king over enunciation of every 2nd word gives it a shitful twang. I don't quite know how to describe the vocalisation i'm talking about but it makes everything sound as if it has an 'ay' sound in it.

attack attack i will consider listeing in too.

partley because they soune liikkw for the fallen dreams an confseesion.

wahidh is cook in my opinion

haha

who else is haing afg gooe night and cant spell otl?

Anyone else grace No Sleep Til?

Nah.

Was going to go but couldn't be bothered buying tickets just to see Megadeth.

They're nothing like enter shikai or attack attack

Are you high?

Haha! I must have been listing to Enter Shikari / Attack Attack while typing that post...doh.gif

I should say they have a bit of Bring Me The Horizon sound.

Anyone else grace No Sleep Til?

Nah.

Was going to go but couldn't be bothered buying tickets just to see Megadeth.

I wanted to go but had to work.

The time table of bands worked out quite well for me.

Would have saw Suicide Silence / August Burns Red / Parkway Drive / A Day To Remember / Frenzal Rhomb / NOFX.

I aint even a fan, but GWAR live blew all of my base conceptions of live music out the door, effing rad :)

Wow skyline, sounds exactly like what I would have gone to see haha

thumbsup.gif

I think PWD and NOFX over lapped each other by 30mins, so I would have seen the 1st bit of PWD and the would have gone to see NOFX, cuz I have never seen them live but have seen PWD so many times I lost count. laugh.gif

I use to see PWD back in the day when their shows cost like $15 entry and all they play was theie EP "Don't Closes Your Eyes" with old base player LOL!

Now you gota pay $35+ to see them cuz they all big time metal band now haha!!

Damn Sound Wave and No Sleep Till, always played on a Friday ranting3.gif in Melbourne.

I do my best to get to the side shows though.