Sign in to follow this  
Mandi

Transferring to WA rego

Hi guys and girls,

Did a quick search on this but didn't find much. I'm after some advice just for the moment. I was wondering what the laws are like over your way in regards to modified cars and what my chances would be of registering my widebody s14 over there. Its currently rego'd in another state but Im thinking I may have some troubles with the transfer inspection as it has 60mm fibreglass front guards, 80mm at the rear, wide wheels etc etc. Are the laws fairly stringent on our type of cars your way? And if it does get rego pass will I be constantly pulled over? (Very rarely get pulled over by the police where I am currently).

Cheers, Mandi

You need to go through pit inspection when you transfer so chances of you going through will be close to 0% - unless the inspector was blind

Some inspectors are fine but most of them will pick on everything

Cops pulling you over depends where u live, if it's a sus area, then very likely

If you have owned the car in another state for more then 12 months im pretty sure you can just go into the local rego place and get WA plates without a inspection?

But only if you owned and lived in that state.

Thanks for the response :)

Oh wow really? I didnt know that, that would be ideal if thats the case. Yea I have owned the car for a few years (been rego'd all that time) and lived in tas all my life (state its regod in). I might lookd into that a bit more then if that is the case :)

Cheers guys

yeo thats what i did owned the car 2 years in syd then came here to perth took the plates off walked into the dpi and they asked for proof that i have owned it for over 12 months ... i showed em my 2 yrs of rego slips and in 5 mins i had rego at no cost

Ps they ask if the car is modified but im sure yours is standard when u go to get the new regggggoo lol

I live in Karratha and am planning on bringing my Impul R33-R over. I regoed it sometime early this year but have owned it since november.. What are the laws like here. Do they rape for boost controllers and pod filters?

If you have owned the car for over a year you do not have to taken over the pits.

First off take your car to a weight station as you will need the weight of the car (How they figure out how much rego you pay). If you have the owners manual you won't have to worry about it as the tare weight is in it.

When you go in, bring the old rego papers for the last 2 years showing that you have owned it and your plates.

Have 2 hours spare, as you can sit around for a while.

When filling out the form you can tick the box that says no this car has no modification. If you tick the box that says yes I do have mods, they will send you over the pits. Do not tick that box.

There is also another box about a immobiliser. You need to have one install if you live in WA as it's one of there rules. If you don't have one or getting one later, ticket the box that says yes I have one.

Done.