Sign in to follow this  
marioman

HARDSTYLE thread

wanna hit me up with a free ticket :sex:

I'm trying to track down this techno song.. It's old school and has a girl saying .. "estacyyyyy" drags it on and says it twice then says some crap about a dream? I can't remember..

This?

Psht, hardstyle has completely fagged out in the last 12-18 months with its overcomplicated triplet based melodies, empty metallic kicks and massive pre-climax breaks - and this is coming from an ex-Hardstyle club DJ whose played alongside Showtek, Zany, Donkey Rollers, Isaac etc.

If anyone wants to hear what I did before I retired from the genre, proper hardstyle with reverse bass, gated kicks and screech go here: http://mixes.djfez.com/djs/boxhead/

fillme - I only see Revival X and FTS being 'old school' tracks, the rest of those are modern.

pffft use your fancy words all you like

all it comes down to is the style has changed and you dont like change

the new stuff is no better than the older stuff, nor is it worse, its just different

+1 Kyle. Hardstyle changes as does all music. Some for good some for bad. I how ever love hardstyle and all it stands for! I LIVE FOR HARDSTYLES BABY! Quoted ;) as we all know

i 100% agree. Times have changed. Zany has changed. Even been to hardstyle.com?

There is an early rave/early hardstyle section for all you who dont like the "triple based melodies".

FYI, listen to alphaverb and some of b-front's stuff. Based on early hardstyle.

Im all for the new hardstyle and will be till i kick the bucket(or so i would like to think). I do for one know that hardstyle HASNT'T fagged out and you just haven't adapted

Amen...

So fillme... Where's my free defqon tix :D

once i get the money off people! I got a meeting the first friday of June. Thats when i get my tickets. Wont be free but a discounted price :)

Sweet!! I was joking about a free ticket but discounted ticket is better than full price ticket! Wooo

Depends how many I sell :P. I'll keep you updated :)

im thinkin about flyin over for 5 or so days for thisthumbsup.gif

depends on how i go for money, might have to wait for next year

If there is a next year :o

I understand where boxhead is coming from though but late 07 through to mid 09 was the best era hardstyle, the age of reverse

I think he is talking more about 04 to 07

Unfortunately defqon in Sydney is the last one this year. Was only a 3 year contract. I'm going to holland next year tho for a defqon experience there!! Can't wait. Just waitin for tickets to release early next year and all

edit: I do also see where boxhead is coming from but it's all opinion. As well as mine but many will agree it's changed for the better

I herd a rumor don't know weather it's true but apparently it was a 4 year contract?

And yea hardstyle has changed for the better.

wait....this years the last defqon?

..........FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

now i have to go....guess im gonna have to wait on the rotas for a while nowsad.gif

to tickets usually sell out quickly? and yea if you could let me know if you have them cheaper in the end itd be much appreciated smile.gif

I do for one know that hardstyle HASNT'T fagged out and you just haven't adapted

I haven't adapted, that is true - but I don't want to settle for music that doesn't contain the same aggression or power which todays stuff doesn't have.

That said I am from Melbourne, where things are different and the crowds have their own specific wants. Nu-style isnt that loved down here, it clears dance floors and isn't accepted at all like it is in Sydney and Brisbane which have more similarities musically with the dutch fans.

A perfect example musically is if you look up Acti & Mani - Il Mondo E Mio from 2007, which was one of my most played tracks (I have 3 copies on vinyl haha), and compare it to the 2011 remix that Activator has recently released. The difference in aggression is huge, and its not what I signed up for and not the music that I was passionate about. Its changed too much from its former self.

To me it basically comes back to Grandpa Simpson - "I used to be with it, then they changed what it was, now what was it, isn't, and what is it seems weird and scary". Showing my age... at 27.

Hahaha love the reference to gramps Simpson... But hey man ur right I do love the old shit and yea it doesn't have alot of the same beats and aggression. But on another not iv gotten used to new style but like what I said before.... I live for hardstyles baby ;)

Sorry guys. 3 year contract.

Re boxhead: by all means I'm not having a go at you. It's a public forum, your entitled to what u want. For me being based in Sydney, we do love our synthetic sounds like u said much like the Dutch.

I do however don't fully agree with the aggression some nu style has. Yes it's sligtly lack luster but still contains much of the grinding bass. Depends which dj I must add also. Also the kicks are TOTALLY different, for instance frontliner. I could ramble on but I'm at work ATM lol

does anyone know how soon this sells out? really keen on goin, just needa know when i should buy tickets by cause still sortin out a group of people to come

Buy on the 6th of June when released lol. And they don't sell out that quickly but I'd get it within the month.

I got to meet dbstf and wildstylez. D-block is like 6"5. Towering over me

i has a question of defqon 1 =D

you guys know if the VIP tickets are worth it?

theyre 85 extra and you get your own entrance/bar

do the normal bars have half an hour long lines? dont wanna cheap out on a ticket then spend all day in line