Sign in to follow this  
Kairazy

Softies SA Fishing Thread

Head chef, at the coopers ale house

haha im from the area man, few friends that work there and am a regular there on the weekends.

Currently the meals there are shit, would love for u to bring some good food in there!

yeah "mad keen"have a wiked rep in wallaroo. hit em up for a charter ! regular GWS spottings too

http://youtu.be/6fgjemvqovs

hmmm probably not the kinda footage that Mad Keen would be advocating pasted online... deliberatly baiting a white pointer with a line caught fish.. is in fact " attempting to catch" an endangered species.. this could be seen as very bad for their publicity.. possibly their license..

haha have a look who uploaded the video buddy

and there hardly trying to catch it?, i dont really see the difference between that and feeding a shark from a cage

Edited by newton

This fish was caught in a SAFWAA dam this morning.... it shows how resilant fish can be......

08012012106.jpg

part of my job... these where taken by one of my passengers.

Heading to O/Harbour breakwall in a couple of hours to chase some snapper, taking the alvey with me... hopefully there is a ray or 2 around to give it a test on!

Going to be a shit sesion if no fish caught, 20knot winds.... tho over the shoulder so not quiet as bad.

This fish was caught in a SAFWAA dam this morning.... it shows how resilant fish can be......

08012012106.jpg

:lol: Tell me you let lumpy go, fella deserves a 2nd 3rd shot at life.

Can anybody with first hand experiance tell me if you can still catch carp at Mawson lakes. I read that the council were trying to kill them off a little while ago and was wondering about going down there for a bit of fun.

Can anybody with first hand experiance tell me if you can still catch carp at Mawson lakes. I read that the council were trying to kill them off a little while ago and was wondering about going down there for a bit of fun.

Lust summer a mate and myself were down there most days and catching some decent numbers. Have tried a few times over the last few months and have come up with nothing. If you want carp, try the torrens near town.

anyone fishing this weekend? i'll be heading over to yorke, most like ardrossan to try chase some mullies

Lust summer a mate and myself were down there most days and catching some decent numbers. Have tried a few times over the last few months and have come up with nothing. If you want carp, try the torrens near town.

do u use carp from the torrens for crab bait? when i was younger i used to fish them with a mate on the smallest rods we had. it was fun. trouble was bringing it up as we had no net they kept breaking hooks haha. i used decent ones aswell. good times.

Blueys go off on carp.. Only thing carp are good for! I fish for carp on my YFW setup, adds a bit of fun!

Fishing charter off of Scoopon is shit! Business is Just Cruising Fishing Charters. Don't waste your money.

Old shit reels and rods (Neptune Tackle brand) using 50lb mono to fish for whiting. Hooks were all rusted and bent. Skipper refused to give us new hooks. Only bait he had was cockles. All we caught all day were puffer fish and a couple of rock cod. He cruised out all of ten minutes from the boat ramp and when we changed spot he only moved 100m further down the coast.

396895_10150468259542175_230810112174_9211200_1221954365_n.jpg

Pending World Record 6kg line class 7/1/12

28.3kg 127.5cm

Zman Swimmerz 6 inch Yellow Back

TT Headhunter 8/0 3/4oz

Quantam Smoke 150 Reel (Jack Erskine tuned)

... Platypus Pretest braid 6kg

Softys going to be annoyed

Going to sell my TLD25 and shimano aquatip. loaded with 80LB braid $200

28.3kg 127.5cm

TT Headhunter 8/0 3/4oz

a-mother-of-god-super-2.jpg?w=500&h=300

Edited by kranze

Softys going to be annoyed

Going to sell my TLD25 and shimano aquatip. loaded with 80LB braid $200

Asshat. -_-

haha sorry softy, the tiagra is now the pride and joy of my fishing rod holders

Can always buy a spare

swap you a brand new tld25 for your used one with 80lb braid :P

28.3kg 127.5cm

TT Headhunter 8/0 3/4oz

another jaw dropper :woot:

376404_215297181879892_125570430852568_509367_413963394_n.jpg

caught on 24kg line, still pending too I believe

" If ratified, it will have smashed the existing record of 500lbs caught way back in 1950"

that's f**king huge! i imagine that would have taken the whole boat for a swim

doing another Yorkes run next weekend for an extended aust day long weekend. I believe Jimmy is going to come for a visit, hoping there is more aound then there was over new years