Sign in to follow this  
N1_Ray

What would be a healthy power figure for a stock R33 GTR?

Hey Everyone,

Only new to the forums just seeing if anyone can help me.

Im looking at buying a R33 GTR and i was just wondering what would be a healthy power figure for a stock R33 GTR???

I'm not sure, but would around 165rwkw sound about right? I'm not a GTR expert.

Thanks for your help Butts_jzz30 :)

Is that it? really? I am not impressed lol

LOL i was thinking the same thing but didnt want to say it haha

As I said, don't take that as gospel, that is just probably what I reckon it would make, probably anywhere between 165-180 depending on a few variables.

ok an RB25 gets about 180rwkw stock, a gtr should be around 190awkw + easy

plus if its been just boosted + exhaust'd then ur lookin 220+

Does a RB25 really get that much power stock? Obviously a boost and exhaust upgrade will net some serious gains.

Thanks for all the help everyone.... :)

~180awkw

Yea 180awkw sounds about right. I bought my R33 GTR (series 3) with just a set of pods on it, spun 182awkw on stock boost. stuck a Power FC untuned and set of front pipes and 3.5in exhaust and jumped to 210awkw on stock boost

the best thing is to get rid of that stock exhaust with its nasty press bent system and also the front pipes make a huge difference in terms of response

the best thing is to get rid of that stock exhaust with its nasty press bent system and also the front pipes make a huge difference in terms of response

^^^ This.

The exhaust is terrible. Stupid emissions and noise laws ruining factory cars! Dumps, fronts and a full 3"+ all the way and you'll notice a significant difference.

Dump pipes you could leave std as they aren't to bad but the 33 and 34 GTR dump pipes are a slight upgrade for the 32 RB26's apparently as they are a little better flowing. although in saying that the std 32 ones should be fine on stock turbos or even -7's.

Got a few mates running -7's on 32's and they actually decided to pull of the aftermarket ones they had as they made within 2kw of each other (std ones making 2kw more) from memory one was the Tomei Xtreme ones and the others i am not sure.

You'll find most aftermarket dump pipes go fro around 600+ however you could spend that elswhere and get more bang for buck power wise.

My exhaust cost me less than $500. Bought my RS*R catback off a member of SAU and the front pipes cost me $300 give or take through autobarn. So its a cheap upgrade that will make a huge difference to the feel of the car.

However it does change from car to car and personal preference. i'll put up a nice pic of std gtr exhaust when i get home tonight and let you enjoy the sights of epic press bends that almost halve the pipe diameter lol

Easy 230+ kw GTR. Front pipes, catback, power fc, 1bar boost and enjoy :) take care of that std clutch though lol