Sign in to follow this  
TougeR34

Copyright free music?

Hey guys.. Ran a search cou|dnt find much =(

Im after some free to use music for youtube videos n such so that peope dont whinge that its copywritten materia| etc...

any he|p?

just want some free funky beats! =)

thx! =D

make some of your own, you can get heaps of music dj programmes like sibelius which are easy to use.

yeah that of fruity loops or what ever it is. Edit tracks and make your own.

dont really have that much effort.. just want a website with a collection of free to use mp3s which u just credit the author...

The great Video Editing grey area!

I have found a couple of websites. Unfortunately, they are few and far between and frankly, the quality is sh1te overall from what ive found.

You can buy CD's of the stuff in various genres, like $80 for 10 songs sort of stuff. The thing is if 1 person buys this music that is royalty free, can't anyone else use it as well? Even if it is licensed to the individual who bought the songs, its non copyrighted so anyone can use it????

so WHY isnt there folders of the stuff all over the net for download???

Im like you touger34, i cant be bothered trying to make music for clips, its bad enough the crap i have to learn and put up with for videos. i dont need the extra mess of editing music!

anyway here are a couple of websites

http://freemusicarchive.org/

another is a popular peer to peer website sort of opposite of a huge nova. they have legit "free" albums now that people are releasing now since some legal issue forced a change to the website i believe. (sorry have to be careful with this topic on the forum, lol)

anyway, let me know if you come across a gold mine somewhere, even if you have to pm me.

Alot of mainstream electronic music and some rock bands allow you to upload without infringing copyright "officially" either that or they havent been added to the database of software that checks it on youtube

Vimeo is free it what it allows ATM. Its a grey area, I talked to a couple of producers, and they often use popular music on clips and just say that its not for any profit based means so should be ok.

Good Luck!

to be honest, if i was a producer/artist of music(i am but just a dj lol), i would be stoked if someone used my material. Even if they made money off it it gets my name out there.

Stupid laws sometimes and lots of greedy people

im just doin it for shits n gigles on youtube.. you want drift vids.. then you guys go 'omfg sick song, whos dat' next thing u know, i made that band famous.

thats how the game works.thx for the link man.

find music producer forums/ dj forums.... often they have a section where people can post their newest song/ remix. Just ask if you can use their music in you video (assuming you find something you like) and credit their work on your video with a link to their website/myspace/whatever.

if its for a youtube video, search the track if you can find it youll be good.

If not the sound will just be muted.

But chances are that you wont be naming it "ladi ga ga" etc so you shouldnt have a problem

few of my videos have hit the 500,000 view mark and are getting noticed.. + youtube are starting to add ads + pay u for it.. so why not.. music might be only 5/10 but its hell of alot better than nothing.

few of my videos have hit the 500,000 view mark and are getting noticed.. + youtube are starting to add ads + pay u for it.. so why not.. music might be only 5/10 but its hell of alot better than nothing.

Hey mate. Not sure If you'd be looking to use any hip hop, but if you are, you are more than welcome to use some of my music, just with a credit at the end.

Check it out here if you're keen -

www.myspace.com/honourmc

Just credit the artist and I think you should be fine... I have a track in one of my videos and after about a year I recieved the following email:

"Dear Slipstream0001,

Your video, Drum Cover - Speed Demon - Michael Jackson, may have content that is owned or licensed by Sony Music Entertainment.

No action is required on your part; however, if you are interested in learning how this affects your video, please visit the Content ID Matches section of your account for more information.

Sincerely,

- The YouTube Team"

They didn't mute the audio or replace it.