Sign in to follow this  
namsdrawkcaB

General chit chat thread!

Haha, one fender eliminator at a time.

Just saw your slipper clutch post :P

and the fact that you got my username. I think your only the 2nd person who understands haha.

Seen Freddy got fingered??

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah Ive seen that movie

:lol: :lol:

Edit - You should of given the coppa a ticket, if there anything like the cops over here, on a nice

sunny day they just wear there short sleeve shirts.... Squid ticket :shades:

went for a ride just then. bit windy and kept pushing me all over the place. its better on a bigger bike isnt it?

yeah, doesn't mean we don't get pushed around a bit, but yeah the added weight of the bigger bike helps in every way, from

wind to running over stuff. The wind can stand up any bike when going round a corner cranked over tho.

going for my learners on weds..yayyyyy.

hey guys any tips for the slow ride? you gotta do like 15m in 10secs or more or something like that. its too wobbly lol.

going for my learners on weds..yayyyyy.

hey guys any tips for the slow ride? you gotta do like 15m in 10secs or more or something like that. its too wobbly lol.

piss easy. Seriously, don't even bother to think about it :lol:

haha we shall see. apart from that i think i should be sweet. only ever riden once before lol.

All you need to do is ease off the clutch and use that as your motion. no throttle or brakes needed. the dirt bikes we had did it in about 14 seconds and the road bikes did them in about 11. with the road bike tho he suggested that you pull the clutch in once or twice during it just to make sure you get over the 10 sec mark.

i had only ever sat on a bike once before i went for my Ls.

I got mine after 1 20min ride. You'll be right. I practice my balance at EVERY red light I come up too. Not sure why, it's kinda fun tho :P

you'll find not letting the clutch out will help. Get revs up, let clutch out a bit, pull it back in. When it starts to wobble, revs up again and let the clutch out a little.

You can practice this on your driveway or out the front. Practice - practice - practice.

cool thanks for the tips.

dont have a bike yet to practise on :(

super excited though!

Don't worry about it. Getting your L's is a peice of piss.

There was one girl so bad at the course, she was locking up the front brake when trying to stop, etc. It was scary to watch. She still got her L's.

You'll do fine.

I got mine after 1 20min ride. You'll be right. I practice my balance at EVERY red light I come up too. Not sure why, it's kinda fun tho :P

you'll find not letting the clutch out will help. Get revs up, let clutch out a bit, pull it back in. When it starts to wobble, revs up again and let the clutch out a little.

You can practice this on your driveway or out the front. Practice - practice - practice.

+1 to this and with a little bit of foot brake to steady the bike you will be fine.

Well, picture perfect day hear in SA. I'm off to give 30/32 tyre pressures a go

"cya f**kers" :lol:

unless the instructor reckons you will kill yourself or someone else on the roads its almost a guaranteed pass. how else can you learn if you cant get your learners?

+1 to this and with a little bit of foot brake to steady the bike you will be fine.

Well, picture perfect day hear in SA. I'm off to give 30/32 tyre pressures a go

"cya f**kers" :lol:

:o:P

:P

Yep. My new favourite tyre pressure is 30/32 :D

:P

Yep. My new favourite tyre pressure is 30/32 :D

I thought it might be ;) after a few rides, you'll love the new found grip.

In a few weeks, go back to 40+ just for fun. I be you shit yourself leaning it over :P

what are those frame thingies for motorbikes? they are like frame sliders but are a framework instead of just the knobs?

kinda like:

l_3fd68bad78be10638aaef271159c4751.jpg

any sites or something i can find out some more info about them?

The only time I've ever seen those is when fitted to BMW's (from factory) or when fitted to learner bikes from Qride or similar.

Maybe call your local motorcycle training centre and see if they use them, and if so, who made them.

There mainly for people who "stunt" there bike as the yanks say, cos they drop there bikes

all the time. Not for cruising around the streets cos your scared of dropping ya bike :lol: :lol:

yeah i know that :lol:

ive just seen some vids of youtube of yanks bein fulleh hektik with them on and just want some info on them.

the local training place doesnt use them.

edit: They are called a "Crash Cage" apparently. hahaha

whats the penalty for riding without Ls or Ps? is it the same as a car, ~$250 and 3 points? its just i dont think i have ever seen a bike with P plates...

yayyy i passed, lol easier than i thought it would be.

now just gotta find a bike.

atm i know jack shit, is there anything in paticular i should keep my eye out for when buying a used bike?

atm i know jack shit, is there anything in paticular i should keep my eye out for when buying a used bike?

Good shit mate, congrats!

Hmmm, buying a bike you say. Well, their are only a few things i do when looking for a bike. So im sure others could help more.

I inspect the bike visually obviously (thats hard to say :P). Make sure to check the exhaust/frame/swingarm for any dints or marks. This is a sign of a crash ect.....

Next check for oil leaks, not just on the bike, but around where the bike is stored. Most people will clean the bike, but will forget the "evidence" on the floor. Ideally, ask them not to wash it before you look at it...... its worth a shot :whistle:

Check sprockets for wear. Its not expencive to replace, but if they are badly worn its a sign that the owner didnt look after the bike.

Ride it. Take note of operating temps. Smell for degreaser. Bop left and right, make sure it feels the same. If its been dropped, the frame could be bent, and it will not feel the same steering left to right.

After all that, strike up a conversation about riding, and slip in the whole "does it do good wheelies?" The answer to this could make or break the sale. If he comes accross as a Fwitt rider, who takes no care of his bike and does wheelies............. no thanks. If on the other hand, wheels arent that bad for a bike if done by the right people. Some people will hurt the bike, some wont.

Damage to a bike isnt the end of the world. My CBR250rr was dropped, bith sides. It rode fine, so i brought it for a bargin (as far a the ridiculus prices are concerned). The damage was only cosmetic. Then i sold it to a guy, for the same price i brought it............ Bargins all round!

Only one more thing......... DONT GET CAUGHT UP IN THE RUSH!! Ride, think, ride, buy. Dont impulse buy (like i always do) you might regret it.

Happy buying!

Get a sportsbike

Congrats mate, piss easy wasn't it?

have do do anything a second time? i didnt flick the indicator hard enough to come on so had to repeat a section.

namsdraw thanks for that write up! def gonna help me as i go looking in the next few weeks.

lol cheers was a piece of piss, just needed some time to get used to riding so all good. didnt have to do anything twice freddy which was good.

cant wait to get a bike so i can start practising moar!!

Whats been happening people? It's been pretty quiet here for a few of us. A rider last weekend got killed on a pretty

well know road to us riders. Still not to sure what happened, there are a few different stories but I'll leave it out. No need.

No one I know knows him but still a shame. RIP.

I'm keeping pretty low key for a bit. Haven't been up in the hills for 6 or 7 days!!!! Unheard of!

P.S I nodded to a damn scoot today by mistake. :whack:

Argh that sucks, the scooter too.

RIP

it always sucks to hear about a fellow rider that has been killed on the road. I can't imagine how f**king scary it would be, the moments before the crash.

"bluey" just come off too, had to have surgery on his finger. Re; fitness, diet and bodybuilding forum. All the best to him for his speedy recovery.

On another note, can we keep the Hardtuned.net bikes forum, English! None of the typical NS crap.

Example,

I wnt on dis sik ride 2day, but the cockhead pigs got me 4 da loud pipe.

Also, my spelling and garmmar isn't the best, but I do try. It just makes the forum much nicer to read.

I'm not trying to be a Nazi, I just want everyone to enjoy this forum.

Ha, just typed my rego into a brisbane photographers site, on an off chance that he has been out and about......... He has got some pics of me riding over the last 6 months :thumbsup:

Put my old rego in, and got nothing. Im going to E-mail him and see if he has a routine. I wouldnt mind getting some awesome shots of my riding on good corners.

The pictures that he took, are me entering a corner. Not that impressive, but a picture none the less :P

Ill chuck them up in the pictures thread.